Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2018 Miami Dolphins Draft,who do you want,not want?Who do think we'll draft?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 2018 Miami Dolphins Draft,who do you want,not want?Who do think we'll draft?  (Read 8182 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:30:56 pm »

So it's that time of year post combine,trades,rumors,and Mock drafts coming out....

The Miami Dolphins currently have
Round 1 Pick 11
Round 2 Pick 10 (42)
Round 3 Pick 9 (73)
Round 4 Pick 23(123) CAR > CLE > MIA
Round 4 Pick 31 (131) NE > PHI > MIA
Round 6 Pick 35 (209) Compensatory - LA > KC > MIA
Round 7 Pick 9 (227) SF > MIA
Round 7 Pick 11 (229)
As of this,according to NFL.com draft tracker.

Who do you want the Dolphins to draft? Who do you want them to avoid? Trades?

Then Who do you think we'll draft?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:33:50 pm »

Dolphins trade up and take Joseph Davidson, Bowling Green 8th overall 😈😈😈😈

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 01:51:47 pm »

If a QB is still available at 11, field offers from other teams as our top choice. If not, take the best player available. We are short on talent in many different areas. Ideally, I would like to trade down and get an extra first rounder. I'm fine with Tanny, I don't believe any QB available to us will make up for our talent deficiencies elsewhere.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:31:56 pm »

Since the team has loaded up on used O-lineman and a used QB, they are in a perfect position to draft a kicker in the first round; and they need a long snapper replacement (not sure how many seasons Denney has in him).

In all seriousness I see them loading up on defensive players, which wouldn't be a terrible thing.  Then those guys could get a good year of experience, the team would suck enough on offense to only win 3 or 4 games, and next year the Dolphins could go after their franchise QB (because Tanny will have another injury - and Osweiller will throw multiple pick 6's).
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:01:05 pm »

I'd really like to see them get a LB at 11, but feel like the top 2 may be gone so that may not happen. I wouldn't be surprised if not as many QB's are taken in the first 5 picks as are being projected. Everyone seems to fall in love with them before the draft then they seem to fall during the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the top 4 QB's available at 11, however unless it just happens to be one that Gase really likes, I don't see him taking a QB.  I truly believe he's ok with going into this season with Tannehill and Osweiler as his QB's. He might take one later in the draft to groom, but not here. So who that leaves is anyone's guess, most likely a defensive player, but not sure which one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:03:57 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »

I've been spending a lot of time researching the draft (because I'm a nerd like that).  I would be delighted with either Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds (fun fact, his dad was Dolphins TE Ferrell Edmunds), but a lot of mock drafts are showing them both gone by the the 11th pick.  OLB is their biggest need and there is a significant dropoff in LB talent after Smith and Edmunds so I would be really bummed if they are both gone.  Second most pressing need is TE and I would love to see them get Hayden Hurst in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Most complete TE in the draft in terms of being a receiver and a blocker.  I would be one happy camper if they got Smith or Edmunds in the 1st round, Hayden Hurst in the 2nd round, and Auburn Guard Braden Smith in the 3rd round.  If Luke Falk is still around in the 4th round, go ahead and roll the dice and spend that pick on the Washington State QB.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 01:14:58 am »

I've been spending a lot of time researching the draft (because I'm a nerd like that).  I would be delighted with either Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds (fun fact, his dad was Dolphins TE Ferrell Edmunds), but a lot of mock drafts are showing them both gone by the the 11th pick.  OLB is their biggest need and there is a significant dropoff in LB talent after Smith and Edmunds so I would be really bummed if they are both gone.  Second most pressing need is TE and I would love to see them get Hayden Hurst in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Most complete TE in the draft in terms of being a receiver and a blocker.  I would be one happy camper if they got Smith or Edmunds in the 1st round, Hayden Hurst in the 2nd round, and Auburn Guard Braden Smith in the 3rd round.  If Luke Falk is still around in the 4th round, go ahead and roll the dice and spend that pick on the Washington State QB.

I like the idea of a big TE that can both block and catch the ball.  Funny thing about draft projections is that between the top analysts there are 50 or 60 guys that are projected to go in the first round, add to that the handful of picks that some teams will make that aren't even included in that 50 or 60, and the Dolphins have two potential first round picks.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 01:19:45 am »

I'd really like to see them get a LB at 11, but feel like the top 2 may be gone so that may not happen.

Just a question, since McMillan didn't play last year due to injury, don't you think they should get a DT to try and replace Suh with their first pick?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 01:50:12 am »

^ Vita Vae?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 11:25:04 am »

Just a question, since McMillan didn't play last year due to injury, don't you think they should get a DT to try and replace Suh with their first pick?
We had Suh last year and the run defense was still poor. And a DT won't help cover the TE's against the pass which was also a weakness. We haven't had a decent set of LB's since....we had a decent defense. I think it's time we stock up on a couple of young LB's and see if that helps. It can't hurt. I don't think a DT will make much of a difference if Suh didn't.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 11:39:54 am »

-I like the Idea of LB,and TE,but would strongly consider drafting a replacement for D.Parker. (It was tweeted around the combine) There are 7 - 6'3 + WR's in this years draft,and with the fine china body,tissue paper mentality...I'm extremely confident we could use a bigger WR added to the mix this year.

- S*,CB*,and OL depth since we seem to suck so bad at drafting O-lineman.(and considering the Age.Health concerns I have with our Current O-line.

-DT-DE maybe,I'm not willing to roll the Dice with a 1st rd DT...IMO Jordan (possible Free agent after this year,make him prove he's might be worth the a contract),Godchaux,Taylor Hayes at DT. Fede Just signed with the Bills,we lost a tweener... Undecided

*Saftey- R.Jones is expensive in 2019 (17 mil against the cap),and now on the wrong side of 30,T.J McDonald one misstep form longer suspension (6mil against the cap in 19 also), Losing Micheal Thomas to the Giants, Leaves us with Walt Aikins,and Lucas as Backup saftys...

* DB -Lippett,and B.Mcain would be RFA after this year.

That's my delusional view of where I'd hope we'd look...With ZERO confidence that we will..... Grin Cheesy

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 11:56:25 am »

We had Suh last year and the run defense was still poor. And a DT won't help cover the TE's against the pass which was also a weakness. We haven't had a decent set of LB's since....we had a decent defense. I think it's time we stock up on a couple of young LB's and see if that helps. It can't hurt. I don't think a DT will make much of a difference if Suh didn't.

Well, we're getting Raekwon McMillan back. He's apparently the best thing since sliced bread.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 12:33:59 pm »

-I like the Idea of LB,and TE,but would strongly consider drafting a replacement for D.Parker. (It was tweeted around the combine) There are 7 - 6'3 + WR's in this years draft,and with the fine china body,tissue paper mentality...I'm extremely confident we could use a bigger WR added to the mix this year.

- S*,CB*,and OL depth since we seem to suck so bad at drafting O-lineman.(and considering the Age.Health concerns I have with our Current O-line.

-DT-DE maybe,I'm not willing to roll the Dice with a 1st rd DT...IMO Jordan (possible Free agent after this year,make him prove he's might be worth the a contract),Godchaux,Taylor Hayes at DT. Fede Just signed with the Bills,we lost a tweener... Undecided

*Saftey- R.Jones is expensive in 2019 (17 mil against the cap),and now on the wrong side of 30,T.J McDonald one misstep form longer suspension (6mil against the cap in 19 also), Losing Micheal Thomas to the Giants, Leaves us with Walt Aikins,and Lucas as Backup saftys...

* DB -Lippett,and B.Mcain would be RFA after this year.

That's my delusional view of where I'd hope we'd look...With ZERO confidence that we will..... Grin Cheesy

I think that is a pretty solid overview.  I think Vita Vea will be an All Pro DT, but I agree with you that his impact at that position is limited enough that I wouldn't take him even if he is still available at #11.  Especially when as you said, there are other pressing areas to be addressed.  The middle rounds actually have some solid DTs (Tim Settle out of Virginia Tech I believe) and large bodied WRs that still have a little speed (Auden Tate from FSU).  I even like some of the late round talent that would be suitable depth behind our starters at positions like S, CB, and O-Line (Sean Welsh from Iowa, Brandon Parker from NC A&T, Greg Senat fro Wagner and Brett Toth from Army). Those guys are raw or from small schools, but I think they have a lot of developmental potential.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 01:21:09 pm »

My point was we have a first round LB, hopefully, that's going to start this year, that didn't touch the field last year.  Plus, Suh was double teamed much of the time, which IMO really helped Wake.  I don't disagree that the LB play last year was terrible, and that we could probably use another great LB, BUT I'd rather have a stud DT stopping the runners before they reach the LB's.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »

Getting Raekwon back means we don't immediately have to go LB, but if that is the best player available at 11, then so be it. Like I said, we are lacking in talent almost everywhere and that's due to constant draft misses. We need good to great starters from our first 4 picks and they need to contribute immediately. No reaches, best player available every time we are on the clock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray