Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:10:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2018 Miami Dolphins Draft,who do you want,not want?Who do think we'll draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 2018 Miami Dolphins Draft,who do you want,not want?Who do think we'll draft?  (Read 8336 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 12:17:05 pm »

I'd like to see a round 1 TE
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 12:49:23 pm »

I'd like to see a round 1 TE

Maybe in 2019...because there are definitely no 1st round TEs in this class.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:33 pm »

Not to mention how crappy TEs who can catch but couldn't block with an F-150 truck are going to get elevated into higher rounds than they deserve just because of the lack of talent in this year's draft at the position.  Same thing will happen with OTs.  Hardly any immediate impact Tackles in this year's draft so you will see 6th round talent being selected in the 3rd round.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:00 pm »

I like how Ginn still gets crap, while Dion Jordan gets a free pass.

Ginn was a reach, sure, but he's at least a decent player. Jordan, meanwhile, has Yatil Green beat as the Dolphins' biggest draft bust, IMHO.

I think this is because we remember Ginn more because he actually played and was a reach by a whole round. Jordan was only a reach by a few draft spots and he was never around. Out of sight, out of mind.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 02:03:29 pm »

I'm starting to form opinions of who I don't want...

I don't want DT Vita Vea,a bit like our O-line, we have a lot of money/picks already invested in the defensive line...Harris 1st round pick last year,Jordan former 2nd rounder (contract situation),Spent a late pick for Godchaux last year,Branch,Wake,and newly acquired Quinn are fairly expensive.I see where we could use a DT,but not in round 1....

I trust that Stroke,and Dolphster say about TE so nope...

I don't "love" any of the QB's,but If 1 was there at 11,and there isn't an OLB.I don't think I'd be mad,then again my Front office hate + not really thinking any of these guys are next level guy... Undecided

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 09:48:00 pm »

^ Vita Vae?

He is good, but I heard hes best for 3-4 Defense, so the best DT in a 4-3 Defense would be OK with me if none of the two LBs are left.
   Overall, I'd go for "The best defensive player" on the board with 11th pick, and in 2nd Rd. DEF go get a Top 5 TE that can do it all....I'd be happy with that....
   But who knows with Gase, he's made some weird moves lately. Danny Amendola?? Really?!? For 6 mil./year I think. Wtf, you got J. Grant and L. Careoo who he traded up to get and I never seen that dude even play. They didn't even need to sign anyone for big bucks like Albert Wilson, but hopefully he'll be good. But that means K. Stills or Parker are gone next year cuz they're not gonna pay 3 WRs that kinda money. Parker is a BUST so far, and I bet Patriots will pick him up and turn him into top 5 WR in the NFL.....ughh
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 11:10:00 am »

Parker is a BUST so far, and I bet Patriots will pick him up and turn him into top 5 WR in the NFL.....ughh
I'm getting kinda tired of the rhetoric that the Patriots turn every wide receiver into a superstar. Granted that I don't think anyone saw Wes Welker being the impact player he was but let's not pretend that Randy Moss wasn't a superstar before he went to the Patriots. He had a couple of off years before he rediscovered himself in New England, but they didn't actually make him into a superstar. Who else have they turned into a superstar exactly? Amendola? He wasn't any better in New England than he was in St. Louis. Edelman? He's had some nice years but Jarvis Landry has been as effective in Miami during that same period. Cooks? Cooks actually did better in New Orleans than he did in New England.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:27:31 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 08:44:48 am »

round 1- I want LB's- Trumaine,or Smith,but saw the article by the Herald trying to sell fans on the a trade down,and taking the Boise state kid Vander Esch. Some where else mention back problem...Sounds like a Miami Move.. Roll Eyes

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article209618029.html
found that article...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:41 am »

Maybe the Fins will Caroo their first round pick.  Quick reminder: Not wanting to miss out on the uber talented Leonte Caroo in 2016, the Dolphins braintrust traded their 2016 6th round pick, 2017 3rd round pick, and 2017 4th round pick.  The Fins sure snookered the Vikings on that one.  So maybe this year they will trade up from the 11th spot in the 1st round to the 4th or 5th pick so they can select a guy who everyone has pegged as a 5th round prospect.  
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 09:44:39 am »

round 1- I want LB's- Trumaine,or Smith,but saw the article by the Herald trying to sell fans on the a trade down,and taking the Boise state kid Vander Esch. Some where else mention back problem...Sounds like a Miami Move.. Roll Eyes

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article209618029.html
found that article...
I've seen those guys thrown around which I agree with, but also Ward~CB...he's supposed to be a stud, but CB doesn't seem like a weakness.  If he's the best player available though, I don't think I'd be super upset, although, f Trumaine or Smith are still on the board, I might be a little more upset.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 09:52:31 am »

Trumane, Smith or Derwin James. All three would help improve our defense. If we draft James to play free safety then TJ McDonald would move to LB.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2018, 02:02:38 pm »

Arrrgh...even the mention of L.Caroo puts me in a pissy mood,as it's a great reminder of how enept our front office decision makers are...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/04/24/2018-nfl-draft-top-7-miami-dolphins-mocked-draft-picks/
This depressed me,as I mentioned earlier...DT,is the position I dread we take in round 1,with my previous post,then the criticism of Vea...If he keeps his weight in check...NO,No,No.Please no...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 04:11:52 pm »

Arrrgh...even the mention of L.Caroo puts me in a pissy mood,as it's a great reminder of how enept our front office decision makers are...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/04/24/2018-nfl-draft-top-7-miami-dolphins-mocked-draft-picks/
This depressed me,as I mentioned earlier...DT,is the position I dread we take in round 1,with my previous post,then the criticism of Vea...If he keeps his weight in check...NO,No,No.Please no...

Sorry about the Caroo reference.  I clearly still haven't gotten over it since I felt compelled to introduce it to the conversation here.   Angry
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 11:55:06 am »

^^  Cheesy it's ok me either

I get the feeling about the QB's in this class a bit like the 2011 class...*There is 1 guy that seems to be the best,and almost definitely going to be 1st picked perhaps even 1st overall..S.Darnold.

Then the rest are like J.Locker,C.Ponder,A.Dalton,and C.Kaepernick....Teams seem to like them,or avoiding them...

* Lately Josh Allen is getting picked alot by experts more ass we move closer to the draft...

Wooohoo...1 more day to see how far our franchise gets set back by bad draft picks!...#SuperbowlChamps2025!  Cheesy

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 12:45:09 pm »

Rumors of teams like Arizona wanting to move up and take a QB, but not having enough capital to go into the Top 4. If one of the Top 4 QBs is still around by our pick, I would love if we moved down just a few spots to net an extra first rounder or a couple of 2's.

Just hope we don't waste those picks on injury risks who only fell to us because they may never walk again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray