Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Connor McGregor acting crazy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Connor McGregor acting crazy  (Read 1340 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »

If you haven't read the details of this story, do that.  It's pretty crazy.

I like the UFC, but I think that a lot of these guys are toxically aggressive headcases.  The sport is in a tough spot.  They want to have a circus, WWE atmosphere to hype their fights, but seem surprised when these guys can't turn it off.

It's the love/hate I've had for Dana White all these years.  He can't seem to decide if he wants to run a real sports league with honest competition or if he wants to be a ringmaster of circus oafs.  Take a look at the Ultimate Fighter...they love to praise how crazy and masculine and Alpha these guys are and how much they hate each other, but it diminishes the sport.  The best fighters are the ones who are also respectful and don't need all this loud-mouthed garbage.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 03:09:46 pm »

Preparing for a career in professional wrestling?  Actually, all that nonsense has ruined MMA/UFC for me.  The fighting is still legit, but they are turning it all into a circus sideshow that really takes away a lot of the appeal for me. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:08:36 pm »

I've never liked Dana White, I think he's a roided out, egotistical ass, and acts as the dictator of the sport.  Hence, I don't care much for the UFC; not to mention it's a little too violent when most of the time you think one of the combatants are going to end up dead or paralyzed.  That said I think the McGregor incident was a staged thing that got out of hand and turned real.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray