Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:55:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2018 Schedule is out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2018 Schedule is out  (Read 1840 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:34 am »

Early predictions ... So ... how do you think we fare?

9-9 Titans
9-16 At Jets
9-23 Raiders
9-30 At Patriots
10-7 At Bengals
10-14 Bears
10-21 Lions
10-25 (Thursday) At Texans
11-4 Jets
11-11 At Packers
11-18 BYE
11-25 At Colts
12-2 Bills
12-9 Patriots
12-16 At Vikings
12-23 Jaguars
12-30 At Bills
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:29:27 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:20:29 am »

Dolphins schedule starts off pretty soft and then gets harder in the second half of the season.  This could wrk to their advantage allowing them to rack up wins early and riding the momentum into the later games.  Or could be a killer if they start off weak it could snowball into a disaster.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:25:49 am »

Best case 8-8 after coming off an 6-10 season.

But with Tanny back at the helm, Who Knows.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 10:46:32 am »

It is pretty much a blind guess at this stage, but I am going with the repeat 6-10 season.  The good news for me is that a little Dallas to Houston road trip may be in order for me for the Thursday night game on Oct. 25. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:31 am »

4-12

And the excuses for Tannehill will be in full effect.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 02:42:31 pm »

I think the schedule is laid out nicely for them to succeed, but at his point I just don't know what to think.  I feel pretty pessimistic with the losses of players, and the aged veterans brought in to replace them.  Maybe I'll be more optimistic after the draft next week, especially if the draftees can make it through pre-season without season ending injuries.  Right now I think the offense is going to be a train wreck, so I'm hoping the draft focuses on defensive players, at least then one side of the ball can be solid, and next year they can start rebuilding the offense, again.

5-11.

On a personal note I'm pi$$ed about the @ Bills game being in the Christmas/New Years week again (for at least the third consecutive year).  I usually make the 3 1/2 drive out to buffalo for that game, but haven't gone the last couple years due to it being that week.  The last time I went was a Thursday night game.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 05:02:56 pm »

Okay with the bye week this year, the Thursday Night game sucks because the home team usually wins those, especially if they travel less. We'll be in Detroit a few days before. Not a short flight for us, but not insanely long I guess.

Last 5 games are absolutely brutal. Holy shit, I think those could be the hardest 5 games to end the season in the whole league. It's filled with division winners, playoff teams and Superbowl favorites. If they want to make the playoffs, they can be no worse than 7-4 when this stretch starts and even then I give them a 20% chance of making the playoffs unless something crazy happens and some of those teams suck.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 05:25:56 pm »

Last 5 games are absolutely brutal. Holy shit, I think those could be the hardest 5 games to end the season in the whole league.

I disagree.  Two of those games are against the Bills, who suck, and they traded away their QB that got them to the playoffs for the first time in a decade.  The Jags are perennial losers that managed a great season last year but I don't see them repeating that season.  The Vikes had way above average play from their QB, which they then went and traded; they have paid a boatload of money to Cousins who may or may not mesh with the team.  This is probably the most likely of the five to lose in this stretch, especially since it's on the road.  The fifth game is the Patsies at home, the Dolphins own the Patriots at home, not to mention I think this will be the year they self destruct!!  The Dolphins may just suck a big egg this year, but I don't think this is a brutal finishing schedule.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 10:50:33 am »

I disagree.  Two of those games are against the Bills, who suck, and they traded away their QB that got them to the playoffs for the first time in a decade.  The Jags are perennial losers that managed a great season last year but I don't see them repeating that season.  The Vikes had way above average play from their QB, which they then went and traded; they have paid a boatload of money to Cousins who may or may not mesh with the team.  This is probably the most likely of the five to lose in this stretch, especially since it's on the road.  The fifth game is the Patsies at home, the Dolphins own the Patriots at home, not to mention I think this will be the year they self destruct!!  The Dolphins may just suck a big egg this year, but I don't think this is a brutal finishing schedule.
I tend to agree, the Bills are a mirage in my opinion. I saw another website on strength of schedule and how teams performed above or below expectations and the Bills were one of the ones that drastically out performed expectations. Much like the Dolphins the year before when they lost their QB, I expect the Bills to be one of the teams to miss the playoffs this year that made it last year. The other teams are actually a LOT better than the Bills so those other games will be tough, but I don't expect the Bills to be that tough.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-way-everybody-measures-nfl-schedule-strength-its-wrong/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:57:01 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 08:48:56 am »

I've been converted to the thinking of....Just because they were a playoff team/good last it doesn't mean they will be next year...Shame,the Titans game is n Miami, my boss is a Titans fan...and wanted us to go together... Cry It would have been an opportunity to see a Dolphins game.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »

6-10

Reckon we will be bad again, but not bad enough to completely bottom out and get the high draft picks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray