Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:49:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Vegas Odds on Dolphins wins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vegas Odds on Dolphins wins  (Read 1765 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:57:34 pm »

They have us at over/under 5.5 wins.

Ugh....just once I'd like to go into the season with expectations and deliver.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 03:24:11 pm »

That seems fair, even if we have what appears to be an excellent draft. I wold take the under if we draft someone with a lot of talent but injury concerns in the first round. With our luck, that means he misses the whole year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:35:28 pm »

Sounds about right to me. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:08 pm »

I'll take the over
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:28 am »

The over is -200.  So, it's probably more like they're expecting 6 or 7 wins.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 08:14:16 pm »

The offseason certainly isn't over.  But the last time the outlook was this bleak heading into a season was probably either 2004 (after Ricky retired) or 2007.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:02:40 am »

I guess I'm not as pessimistic about the offseason.  I like what they did with the oline, I like our corners and safeties.  I like our WR core even without Landry.  Drake was playing at a high level last year and will be another year more experienced.  Tannehill is an obvious upgrade from Cutler.  LB is still a weakness.  Defensive line won't be as explosive without Suh and Wake another year older, but they have some young talent too. 

It's time to shit or get off the pot with Tannehill though.  This year is it.  In fact he should already have a younger guy looking for his job.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:40:59 am »

I'll take the over

Shocker

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:50:27 am »

Shocker
I know, about as shocking as your shitty puns.  Things that make the world go 'round.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 11:56:26 am »

The over seems pretty obvious to me. Unless something like Tannehill isn't back to normal or gets hurts again, it seems like a no brainer we get to 6 wins.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 11:53:51 pm »

I guess I'm not as pessimistic about the offseason.  I like what they did with the oline, I like our corners and safeties.  I like our WR core even without Landry.  Drake was playing at a high level last year and will be another year more experienced.
From what I can tell, with the exception of Tanny returning from injury, so far the Dolphins are the-same-or-worse at nearly every position.  And by that I mean either MIA has the same player they had last year (and they are hoping he improves significantly), or they made a pretty clear-cut downgrade.

That is cause for justified pessimism in my book.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 10:09:21 am »

A lot of those same players are younger players that are expected to develop.  Howard, Tankersly, Godchaux, Taylor, McMillen, Harris, Tunsil in his 3rd year, Drake, Grant.  The o-line look solid and has depth.

That is a cause for optimism in my book.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 08:42:47 pm »

From what I can tell, with the exception of Tanny returning from injury, so far the Dolphins are the-same-or-worse at nearly every position.  And by that I mean either MIA has the same player they had last year (and they are hoping he improves significantly), or they made a pretty clear-cut downgrade.

That is cause for justified pessimism in my book.
Along with Tannehill coming back is Raekwon McMillan. I also think it's possible that the offensive line could be better than last year's. Depending upon who they get in the draft, that could be 3 position upgrades over 2017 and not only that, but arguably the 3 worst positions for the Dolphins in 2017. That's cause for justified optimism.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:35:42 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray