Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:51:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Edited: Live Draft Talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Edited: Live Draft Talk  (Read 5330 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 09:22:02 pm »

I wanted a LB, but I didn't expect Fitzpatrick to be there. He's solid. Can't complain about that pick.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »

Jesus F'ing Christ.  Whoever picks Edmunds will enjoy at least 10 years of an All Pro Linebacker while the Fins just chose a freaking safety in the 1st round.  After signing our other two safeties to nice big contracts.  I assume they will move McDonald to LB where he will be undersized and unable to defend against the run.  And the idiocy of this abortion of an organization goes on.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 09:28:35 pm »

^My initial feelings...
now.... Undecided Indifferent ...
I guess I shouldn't be surprised...this team has made me cry for so many years... Grin

Back to the Cubs game...(they have been disappointing this year too!  Cheesy )

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 09:40:11 pm »

This kid is incredibly talented and a huge character guy with great football IQ. This is the type of guy we need at many different spots. This is not a luxury, this is the best talent at the draft slot (perhaps Edmunds was better) so I am cool with it. We aren't doing shit this year, stock up on talent now, not necessarily immediate need.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 09:49:42 pm »

Tremaine Edmunds to the Bills? of course... Roll Eyes

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 10:02:43 pm »

This kid is incredibly talented and a huge character guy with great football IQ. This is the type of guy we need at many different spots. This is not a luxury, this is the best talent at the draft slot (perhaps Edmunds was better) so I am cool with it. We aren't doing shit this year, stock up on talent now, not necessarily immediate need.

Sounds like we drafted the whole Fitzpatrick family.   Grin
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 10:04:01 pm »

Tremaine Edmunds to the Bills? of course... Roll Eyes

This year Gronkowski will average 8 receptions for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Dolphins per game and against the Bills he will average 2 receptions for 15 yards and 0 touchdowns.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 10:04:10 pm »

Either the Bills GM is very good or he only trades with really stupid GMs because he has given up NOTHING with the Cincy GM, the Bucs GM and now the Ravens GM. I mean, embarrassing trades for the other team. That's what bothers me more than anything, why can't our stupid GM find other stupid GMs to take our shit? The Browns got the better of us with Landry. The Browns!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 10:09:25 pm »

I’m very OK with this pick. Didn’t expect him to still be there so it’s a pleasant surprise. Will be an immediate addition to our defensive backfield and with all the QBs in our division we will need it.  Hate seeing Buffalos picks tonight. They are having a great draft.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:14 pm »

This year Gronkowski will average 8 receptions for 120 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Dolphins per game and against the Bills he will average 2 receptions for 15 yards and 0 touchdowns.
I don’t think it’s going to be bad.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 10:31:14 pm »

Stroke had Fitzpatrick as a great pick so I’m guessing he will be happy too. I think he’ll move to free safety and McDonald will move up to LB but it wouldn’t surprise me if Fitz plays nickel and hybrid LB

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 12:01:01 am »

Stroke is very knowledgeable, but I respectfully disagree about the Fins taking Minka.  The accolades for Minka are mostly that he does a lot of things very well.  Doing a lot of things very well is an excellent description that you want to put on a player you select in the 3rd and 4th round.  But if you are holding the 11th overall pick in the draft, you better be picking a guy who does GREAT things at a position of desperate need.  The vast majority of knowledgeable people considered OLB to be the glaringly largest need  on this team.  And what many people think was the best OLB in the draft was sitting right there for you.  But instead they taking a guy at a far less impactful position (safety) and his best qualities are versatility in that he play Safety really good and is okay at Cornerback.  Awesome.  1th overall pick is spent on a utility infielder who can play both 2nd base and shortstop.  I have no doubt the guy will be a solid Safety for this team.   Too bad that a solid player at a position that already has 2 starters (though I will grant you both are actually strong safeties rather than either of them being a free safety) is not at all what they needed to do in the 1st round. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 12:11:39 am »

Vita Vea to the Bucs in a huge move that leaves them with three second round picks tomorrow!!!  That Bucs DL is gonna be fukkin nasty next year!!!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 08:54:13 am »

Jesus F'ing Christ.  Whoever picks Edmunds will enjoy at least 10 years of an All Pro Linebacker while the Fins just chose a freaking safety in the 1st round.  

First...did you actually let the Dolphins organization know that Edmunds was guaranteed to be a 10-year pro bowler? If not, what a waste of that clairvoyant gift! Wink

Second...Minkah Fitzpatrick is a straight-up monster out on the field. Insanely athletic, and arguably the smartest DB that I've ever seen interviewed. Oh yeah, and he's a fucking choirboy off the field. You may be shaking your head at this pick right now, but by the end of this season, Fitzpatrick will be one of your favorite players.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 09:38:19 am »

People are set on a player and when someone else is drafted who is arguably better, you flip your shit?  Lol.  Fitzpatrick is a beast.  I'm not worried about McDonald being undersized as a linebacker, he was already a linebacker playing safety. 6'2" 225 last year
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:40:09 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray