Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:05:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Edited: Live Draft Talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Edited: Live Draft Talk  (Read 5326 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 09:55:19 am »

IMO,I think you guy's are giving our front office,and coaching staff...FAR TOO much credit...They can turn McDonald into a LB? They can figure out how to successfully utilize all three Safety's,as they are all essentially the same (in the box safeties,which adds to my frustration with this pick). Undecided

If the Smith,and Edwards were off the board when we picked,fine....I wouldn't be near as frustrated with the pick..

DB's Imo, are alot like relief pitchers...It's generally a year to year thing (DB's in terms of play making (INT's,and forcing fumbles)...Great ones tend to suddenly fall off a cliff...

IMO they failed in taking an ILB and making him successful as an OLB (Alonzo),and couldn't get 3 other OLB's to play well (Timmons,Anthony,Malaluga).
I'll believe it when I see it,our defense keeps getting sold to us,as this Should be a top defense,now that we've added this guy,or that guy......This defense should be scary..We never live up to the hype...I call Bullshit...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 10:50:27 am »

I gotta be honest with ya, B...I disagree with almost everything in that post, aside from the fans giving the front office too much credit.

Minkah really is nothing like the other safeties Miami has.

Good defensive backs tend to have long careers. Look at all the excellent DBs who are 7-8 years into their career and still playing at pro bowl levels. Safety, in particular, has gotten more and more important over the past decade or so, and if you can get a player who has all-pro potential at that position, you say "yes, please" and "thank you very much!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:39 am »

It's chasing draft picks to cover bad free agents/and contracts...Yeah he's a great pick if we're going to play the 46 ,or a 52 defense....
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/minkah-fitzpatrick?id=32462018-0002-5599-4469-725ea4e0930c

Sure reads a lot like the 2 guy's we have looking in the backfield,trying to make the big play....While the ball is thrown over their head,running up to make a play,and failing to see the play behind them....Again...I'll believe it 3 years down the road...Till then...It's just a bad move...

Our Lb's are horrible...Kiko,err Former Dolphin J.Seau reincarnated,Mcmillian...Total unknown,because of injury,could be Kiko all over (bad performance,injury possibility)...and Anthony? The guy who couldn't make it in New Orleans? Undrafted scrubs? (We got lucky Timmons left wk 1 or we'd been stuck with another failed bad free agent)

Modified to add...I know Taking Edmunds,was a risk too,he could have flopped,and he's chasing picks after bad signings too.For me,He would have at least been a pick towards filling a big hole,and not muddy the team issues farther...

I don't like the pick....at all IMO just another Front office fuck up..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:06:48 am by DaLittle B » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 11:07:33 am »

I liked Tremaine a lot as well, and would've been perfectly happy to see him on either SF or Miami. That said, I had Minkah rated as the #4 overall prospect in this class, and Tremaine was #8.

On the surprise front...Tremaine's brother, Terrell, also went in round one, and I had him pegged for a mid-late 3rd rounder, so what the hell do I know? ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 11:20:13 am »

^^^ It's fine  Grin.It's not that I don't believe you,I respect your opinion on guys a lot.....I was just...meh...on the idea of him,then drafting him.Seeing Edmunds to Buffalo, pissed me off thoroughly.I don't think there is anything anyone can,say,or show me to make me like the pick.My lack of belief in our front office,puts a huge black mark on him,because I've heard all the hype,and B.S. before about how great this move is...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 11:37:07 am »

First...did you actually let the Dolphins organization know that Edmunds was guaranteed to be a 10-year pro bowler? If not, what a waste of that clairvoyant gift! Wink

Second...Minkah Fitzpatrick is a straight-up monster out on the field. Insanely athletic, and arguably the smartest DB that I've ever seen interviewed. Oh yeah, and he's a fucking choirboy off the field. You may be shaking your head at this pick right now, but by the end of this season, Fitzpatrick will be one of your favorite players.

lol, you are probably right.  My getting behind someone 100% usually guarantees that they will be an enormous bust.  And don't get me wrong, if Minka ends up being a game changing talent and makes the team markedly better, then I will be more than happy to eat crow.  I've been wrong plenty of times in the past and I'm sure I will be wrong plenty of times in the future.  PS, that would be an awesome name for a girl. Claire Voyant. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 11:39:02 am »

People are set on a player and when someone else is drafted who is arguably better, you flip your shit?  Lol.  Fitzpatrick is a beast.  I'm not worried about McDonald being undersized as a linebacker, he was already a linebacker playing safety. 6'2" 225 last year

My comments were more of me being an old man having a tantrum because he didn't get the player he wanted.  But I feel ya and point well taken.   Smiley
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 12:51:29 pm »

I was satisfied with the Dolphins pick, I think they got a guy that will be a long term stud player.  Of course I'm of the belief that McMillan will come back 100% from his injury and be a force at LB.  McMillan's a gamer, he graduated H.S. a semester early just so he could join OSU for spring football workouts.  That's dedication.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 04:04:09 pm »

Fitzpatrick can play free safety. We don't have anyone else who can. We tried to turn McDonald into one and it didn't work.  He can also cover tight ends on passing downs. He is a defensive coordinator on the field and a leader in the locker room and off the field. Remember in the National Championship game when he pulled the QB aside to talk with him while they were down to Georgia? Fitzpatrick closes on the ball like he’s Troy Polamalu.  He is the closest thing to a sure thing we have drafted in recent memory. He played three years at Alabama and started as a freshman.  Nick Saban said he is the best player he has ever coached. Even if you don't like Nick you have to know that is really saying something.

I wrote him off weeks ago because I never in my wildest dreams saw him falling to 11.  I was stoked when we took him to say the least.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:05:40 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 07:35:44 pm »

Excellent pick is all I will say.
BeanCounter

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 07:52:02 pm »

Dolphins just selected TE Mike Gesicki with the 42nd pick.  NE just traded the 43rd pick to the Lions.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 08:13:47 pm »

Having a great draft so far!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »

Reports on the TE seem pretty positive. He as a position of need and was not a reach either. They say he struggles with blocking so I sure hope he can make up for it with everything else.

Still need a LB badly but if by the time we pick next it would be a massive reach, trade down or just take the best guy available.
BeanCounter

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 09:43:52 pm »

The Dolphins just selected Jerome Baker, LB from Ohio State.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 09:50:53 pm »

Scouting says he is very athletic and speedy but not a bug guy. So, he can do well against tight ends but won't be great against the run, for no at least.

For a 3rd rounder, looks to be a good pick. He'll join his teammate on the line, our first rounder from last year. Hopefully, that familiarity will help out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray