Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:35:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - 2020  (Read 1185 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 03, 2021, 04:03:39 pm »

Fitzpatrick

Sanders

Howard

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »

Fitzpatrick

Sanders

Howard

Gaskin - He was our best player down the stretch.

Gisecki - Lots of improvement from him.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 04:13:40 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »

Howard

Sanders

Fitz
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 04:49:39 pm »

Howard

Baker

Van Ginkle
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 06:55:15 pm »

This was different from the Philbin years as they did not blow any winnable games

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 07:04:22 pm »

Sanders
Howard
Gesicki
Flores

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 11:58:45 am »

Flores/Howard/Sanders

Plenty of other players really stood out this year also.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 08:35:39 am »

Definitely multiple players who are worthy, but I'm going Flores.  Even though I disagree with some of his decisions, he took a 5-11 team and turned them into a 10-6 in one year.  I like the way he runs the team, the players seem to respond well to him and play hard for him, etc.  Looking forward to the team taking the next step forward next year under Flores.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 10:54:58 pm »

Team MVP: Howard.
10 INT is a huge exclamation point, but it goes a lot further than that. His blanket coverage (along with Jones) allowed our defense to send so much in the pass rush, so often, it was a key to the teams success this year. The critical forced fumble in the Raiders game was a nice touch too for the season - even when they tried to keep him out of the game, there he was again. If Gilmore was NFL Defensive Player of the Year last season Xavien should be a monty for the award, but of course this is the NFL... (Not-Fair-League). Honorable mentions to Wilkins, Odgbah, Sanders.

Rookie of the year: Tua
I really liked the games and highlights that I saw, another year in the system with some (fit) deep WR threats who can catch the ball (and maybe a better RB) should see him flourish. Honorable mentions to our three rookie offensive linemen - we had a hell of a good draft this year!

Most Improved/Encouragement Award: Tie between Gesicki and Van Ginkel.
These guys have been great impact players this year, with a little more consistency they could potentially transform from cult following players to genuine stars.

Finally, I can't finish without mentioning Flores and Grier. It was a sour way to finish the season, but I love the way they are rebuilding this team from a group of players who fought each other to a group who will fight for each other. The message is loud and clear, if you come to Miami you are buying into a team that wants to win and win big, if you come for the sunshine and the parties you will quickly find yourself on a plane elsewhere. With our next strong draft hand still to come, this is the most confident I have felt about the Dolphins for decades!  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray