Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Poll: How would you rank the Dolphins 2018 draft?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: How would you rank this draft?
A   -5 (27.8%)
B   -6 (33.3%)
C   -3 (16.7%)
D   -0 (0%)
F   -0 (0%)
To Be Determined   -4 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Poll: How would you rank the Dolphins 2018 draft?  (Read 3164 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 12:04:29 pm »

If the most exciting part of preseason is the kicker battle, you have a boring preseason.

As Masterfins referred to, my most exciting part of preseason is going to be expert analysis and hot sports opinions provided by D4L. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 01:17:07 pm »

Like CF Dolfan said, I would have liked to see Litton from Marshall brought in as an undrafted FA. He showed enough in college to at least take a look at him. 

Fitzpatrick:  Should be an excellent addition, I just don't see that the need at Safety was worth their #11 overall pick when there are so many other glaring holes.
Gesicki:  Meh, I like his height and his pass catching skills, but he is like Colby Fleener.  Zero blocking skills.  Once Hurst was taken, there were no other "complete package" TEs out there.
Baker:  As I have already whined about, they really screwed the pooch by letting Edmunds pass them by. Baker has decent speed, decent coverage skills, and questionable run stopping skills.  He also underperformed some in college last year after looking great the year before.  That always makes me wonder if a guy has already reached his ceiling. We shall see.
Smythe: Don't really know much about him, but considering the amazing running success that Notre Dame had last year, he must be a good blocker. And Notre Dame's QB was awful so who knows about his receiving ability.
Ballage:  I like him a lot, especially as a receiving RB.  May become an effective runner with time as well.

I don't know a damn thing about the last 3 guys they picked. 

A couple years in I think the 2018 Draft would have to be considered very successful.  Minkah was a good pick and we acquired good draft value when he wanted to leave. Gesicki and Smythe have both worked out at TE. Jerome Baker at LB is starting.  Kalen Ballange was doing well until being injured and then waived, he is still playing in the NFL.  6th round pick Cornell Armstrong and 7th round pick Quentin Poling ended up busts.  7th round pick Jason Sanders was a hit.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 08:30:58 am »

A couple years in I think the 2018 Draft would have to be considered very successful.  Minkah was a good pick and we acquired good draft value when he wanted to leave. Gesicki and Smythe have both worked out at TE. Jerome Baker at LB is starting.  Kalen Ballange was doing well until being injured and then waived, he is still playing in the NFL.  6th round pick Cornell Armstrong and 7th round pick Quentin Poling ended up busts.  7th round pick Jason Sanders was a hit.

Haha, glad you resurrected that.  I had forgotten all about it.  In my original comments back in 2018 I sure underestimated Baker.  He has turned into a solid all around LB.   I overestimated Ballage but like you said, he is at least still in the NFL but I expected more from him when he was drafted. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 12:35:22 pm »

I have turned 360 on Gesicki.  I was really hopeful for him, then I was super disappointed and thought he was a bum, and now I'm quite pleased.  It's been a wild ride!

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 01:02:19 pm »

Looking at the 2019 Draft:

1 - Christian Wilkensen
2- Traded our 2nd for Josh Rosen
3 - Michael Deiter
5 - Andrew Van Ginkel
6 - Isaiah Prince
7 - Chandler Cox
7 - Myles Gaskin

The key to success when you suck is that you have to nail your 1st round pick and we certainly did with Wilkensen.

The 2nd rounder used for Rosen has been discussed ad nauseum.

Deiter is basically depth but he is solid depth.

Van Ginkel has really come on this year when given the opportunity.

Prince was released and just didn't pan out for us.

Cox was apparently waived by us 3 days ago.

Gaskin has showed flashes of being a very good back for us when the O-Line lets him and when he stays healthy.

We got some good talent from this draft, would've had more if we kept our 2nd rounder. Depending on your thoughts on the 2020 class, this can be 3 good drafts in a row. That's how you build a contender.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 01:10:24 pm »

^^^ Wrong class for this thread
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray