Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:39:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Grade the 2015 Draft.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Grade 2015
A   -1 (9.1%)
B   -0 (0%)
C   -3 (27.3%)
D   -5 (45.5%)
F   -2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Grade the 2015 Draft.  (Read 2424 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: April 29, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »

As I said in the other thread, you can't grade the 2018 draft yet.  But it is time to assign a grade to the 2015.....

Round 1: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville.
Round 2: Jordan Phillips, DI, Oklahoma.
Round 4: Jamil Douglas, OT/OG, Arizona State.
Round 5: Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis.
Round 5: Cedric Thompson, S, Minnesota.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:12:31 pm »

But seriously, garbage draft. Parker had an injury history, one of Jordan's cons was "does not want to play football", Jamil was one of those "Let's throw a 4th rounder at our biggest problem to shut the fans up" picks, Bobby McCain exists and I don't even know who Cedric Thompson is.

Have to grade it as an F.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:33:57 am »

Err you forgot a couple of guy's....(From NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2700&type=team
1   14   DeVante Parker   WR   Louisville
2   52   Jordan Phillips   DT   Oklahoma
4   114   Jamil Douglas   G   Arizona State
5   145   Bobby McCain   CB   Memphis
5   149   Jay Ajayi   RB   Boise State
5   150   Cedric Thompson   DB   Minnesota
5   156   Tony Lippett

Tony Lippett,and yeah Jay Ajayi was traded for a 4th round pick this year,but part of our 2015 draft class..I'll add an opinion later today....

Modified to add (we're supposedly going to pick,or already have picked up Devante Parker's 5th year option..)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:43:16 am by DaLittle B » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 10:21:02 am »

Sorry about that....did a copy and paste from an incomplete list.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:50:06 am »

Round 1: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville.
This is it. This season will have to be the shit or get off the pot for Parker.  Yes, this is his 4th season and didn't play with Tannehill last year.  Maybe he can kick into gear with him this season and see he can rekindle the potential he has shown with him the past.  He's gone if he doesn't produce this season  He's a B/B- at best

Round 2: Jordan Phillips, DI, Oklahoma.
Has shown flashes of being really good and has also shown flashes of being lazy.   Grade C+

Round 4: Jamil Douglas, OT/OG, Arizona State.
He doesn't even play on this team anymore Grade F

Round 5: Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis.
McCain plays above his size, does well on ST and did play well late last season, having 2 INTs Hopefully will continue to improve and make plays Grade B

Round 5: Cedric Thompson, S, Minnesota.
Who? Grade F

I'd rather be lucky than good.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »

No problem Hoodie,I didn't notice initially,it was the more I thought about how to grade this class made me look them up... Embarrassed

The 2015 Miami Dolphins draft class..The class of constant "inconsistency"
I feel it necessary to assign a "player grade",and a "value grade"

R1P14-WR-DeVante Parker - Player grade D-,Value grade FFF---~Devante "Pansy" Parker- I admit, I bit the hype about him Hook line and sinker.After 3 years,now I fully expect him to to get a hang nail on his left pinky finger wk 3,and he lose all confidence in playing wr for 4-6 weeks.I've not enough flashes of "greatness" out side a game or two,barely flashes average Wr potential.

R2P52- DT -Jordan Phillips- Player Grade C,Value grade D ~ He's seems to be exactly as he was forecasted coming out of college,inconstant,flashes of being really good.If he was a 4th or 5th rd pick,ok,but round 2...

R4P114-G- Jamil Douglas- F player (for us)- C value-4th round pick bust..

R5P145-CB-Bobby McCain- C player,B value- Exactly the type guy the Dolphins draft,the team loves him on special team,and in the nickel,great depth,but don't have much faith in him being a starter.We keep drafting more Cb's,and bringing in free agents to take his job.

R5P149 -HB-Jay Ajayi - C- player,A- value-5th round RB with injury risk,got in the dog house wk 1,and during his Dolphins career was really inconstant.Traded for a 4th Rd pick to a good team that won the Superbowl,in a RB by committee (that is hesitant to give a big contract that he wants). Injury risk player,Inconsistent player,somewhat malcontent on the team,that netted 1 rd value draft pick than he was drafted.

R5P156 - DB- Cedric Thompson Player F,Value C- ~Who? He was a 5th round flyer did nothing...Shrugs shoulders.

R5P156 Wr-Tony Lippett -Player Incomplete,Value A+ - Drafted a WR,to be converted to DB,and in 2016 showed lots of promise,injured all of 2017.Team can possibly line up Howard,Tankersley,and Lippet,with Mccain/or Fitzpatrick...He's shocked and amazed me...

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 01:27:02 pm »

R1P14-WR-DeVante Parker - Player grade D-,Value grade FFF---~Devante "Pansy" Parker- I admit, I bit the hype about him Hook line and sinker.After 3 years,now I fully expect him to to get a hang nail on his left pinky finger wk 3,and he lose all confidence in playing wr for 4-6 weeks.I've not enough flashes of "greatness" out side a game or two,barely flashes average Wr potential.
I think you are being a bit tough on Parker. He's had some "greatness" moments, but he's also had some decent games as well. His biggest problem is staying healthy, but when he's been healthy for the most part he's been ok. Sure that's disappointing for someone drafted so high but to give him a D- is too harsh.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 03:09:09 pm »

I like the way B grades. Both player overall and value based on where picked.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 10:11:13 am »

Shrugs shoulder...Life,reality is harsh...It's a tough game,played by men,not babies that need constant coddling.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 10:53:26 am »

No problem Hoodie,I didn't notice initially,it was the more I thought about how to grade this class made me look them up... Embarrassed

The 2015 Miami Dolphins draft class..The class of constant "inconsistency"
I feel it necessary to assign a "player grade",and a "value grade"

R2P52- DT -Jordan Phillips- Player Grade C,Value grade D ~ He's seems to be exactly as he was forecasted coming out of college,inconstant,flashes of being really good.If he was a 4th or 5th rd pick,ok,but round 2...

R4P114-G- Jamil Douglas- F player (for us)- C value-4th round pick bust..

R5P145-CB-Bobby McCain- C player,B value- Exactly the type guy the Dolphins draft,the team loves him on special team,and in the nickel,great depth,but don't have much faith in him being a starter.We keep drafting more Cb's,and bringing in free agents to take his job.

R5P149 -HB-Jay Ajayi - C- player,A- value-5th round RB with injury risk,got in the dog house wk 1,and during his Dolphins career was really inconstant.Traded for a 4th Rd pick to a good team that won the Superbowl,in a RB by committee (that is hesitant to give a big contract that he wants). Injury risk player,Inconsistent player,somewhat malcontent on the team,that netted 1 rd value draft pick than he was drafted.

R5P156 - DB- Cedric Thompson Player F,Value C- ~Who? He was a 5th round flyer did nothing...Shrugs shoulders.

R5P156 Wr-Tony Lippett -Player Incomplete,Value A+ - Drafted a WR,to be converted to DB,and in 2016 showed lots of promise,injured all of 2017.Team can possibly line up Howard,Tankersley,and Lippet,with Mccain/or Fitzpatrick...He's shocked and amazed me...

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Right there with ya.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 11:04:14 am »

Great (yet depressing) idea for a thread.

I started taking notes for me and my friends draft choices, starting in 2016.  We're going to see if our blind idiocy is better than the experts running the team.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 11:18:32 am »

I started taking notes for me and my friends draft choices, starting in 2016.  We're going to see if our blind idiocy is better than the experts running the team.

lol, that would be interesting to hear about.  Please share with us when you have your data.  My wife picked 4 of the top 7 finishers in the Masters this year because "he's cute", "I like his golf bag", "Oh, he gave a ball to that little girl".   
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:36 am »

IIRC I have done this the last few years.  I always feel the discussion the day after the draft of how well the draft went to be totally stupid.  And respond by starting a thread about the draft of three years ago.  I don't care what team or what players.  If Brady stays healthy this year and Sony Michel  is a pro-bowl quality RB I will give the Patriots an A.  If Michel is a bust and Lamar Jackson is an elite QB, I will give the Patriots and F.  But I can't grade them now. 

BTW I agree with Pappy a D- for Parker as a player is too low.  F for value, yes I agree with that.  But if you would be happy with his production has he been a fourth rounder than he deserves better than a D- as a player.   

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 12:42:11 pm »

I'm starting to think that the draft is more about plugging in guys that fit a need, rather than actually evaluating talent.  It seems to be a total crap-shoot on whether or not any of these guys will have careers or not.

Even today, the Dolphins asked me to do a little write-up about my thoughts on the draft and it feels like an exercise in futility.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

I disagree on D.Parker,Hoodie using your logic,If D.Parker was a 4th rd draft pick probably wouldn't have made the 2016 squad out of training camp (Almost Definitely not made the 2017 team).He doesn't block well, too fragile to play special teams,was in the dog house with the coaching staff for awhile there...

I feel he only get's the leeway he does,injured every year,inconsistent production,etc is because he is a 1st round pick. I think the team would have brought in his replacement in 2016,and almost definitely in 2017.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray