Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:42:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  John McCain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: John McCain  (Read 5276 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 10, 2018, 08:45:55 pm »

John McCain is an honorable man, who served his country with courage and dignity.  I have have some very significant and profound difference of opinion on many policy issues with the Senator.  But the utmost respect for the former POW.  The smear campaign being waged by his own party during his last days on earth is absolutely appalling.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:48:56 pm »

I'm obviously not a conservative, therefore i disagree with McCain on a whole breath of issues. However, what's going on with all these Trumpers is just shameful. It's a lack of basic morality and basic decency.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:24:56 am »

McCain is a complete disgrace to the Republican party.  A low level shitbird who has screwed over a lot of military vets (both current and from the Vietnam era) with his voting and decision making.  He uses the fact that he was a POW as a crutch in life.  Not to mention he traded in his loving wife for a trophy.  Bad example all around.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:43:30 am »

McCain is a complete disgrace to the Republican party.  A low level shitbird who has screwed over a lot of military vets (both current and from the Vietnam era) with his voting and decision making.  He uses the fact that he was a POW as a crutch in life.  Not to mention he traded in his loving wife for a trophy.  Bad example all around.

McCain is the only Republican currently serving in Congress that I have any respect for at all.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 09:18:04 am »

McCain was great before he went senile. Now his hatred for all things Trump exposes his Bush-like Democrat feelings. He is a Republican in name only. 

I respect what he did in the past, and that is how he will be remembered, but he should have retired after losing his bid for presidency.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:43:48 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 09:51:50 am »

McCain was great before he went senile. Now his hatred for all things Trump...

...shows that his head is clearer than roughly 48% of the general population.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 10:12:14 am »

...shows that his head is clearer than roughly 48% of the general population.
hahahaha  ... I see that completely different.  I would immediately question myself if I aligned myself with someone who has undergone brain surgery and is dying from brain cancer.  It doesn't take a PHD to know they probably aren't functioning at their mental best. Did you see him in the congressional hearings? He has lost it.

Besides .... McCain has always appealed to Democrats and that's why he was selected to run for president at the time.  Trump is very abrasive and can be not very likable but no doubt he is serving the Republican agenda well. More so than either of the Bushes. If you call yourself a Republican and don't support those agendas then you aren't a Republican. No one took Trump's banter worse than Rubio and Ted Cruz and yet they find a way to work with him. That's how politics work.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 10:18:12 am »

hahahaha  ... I see that completely different.  I would immediately question myself if I aligned myself with someone who has undergone brain surgery and is dying from brain cancer.  It doesn't take a PHD to know they probably aren't functioning at their mental best. Did you see him in the congressional hearings? He has lost it.

CF...you think that Trump is a good president, so you may just have zero ability to gauge others' mental faculties.

For the record though...every time I see Trump ranting at a microphone, I think:

He has lost it.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:19 am »

CF...you think that Trump is a good president, so you may just have zero ability to gauge others' mental faculties.

For the record though...every time I see Trump ranting at a microphone, I think:

Hahaha  I said I think he is getting things done. There are many things about him I would rather he change and I find embarrassing. The only saving grace I have with his childish antics is it sets off people who think things like "requiring parents to ask for permission to change a baby's diaper" is normal so they can set up a culture of consent in their homes .

http://www.newsweek.com/diaper-ask-baby-permission-changing-says-sexual-consent-expert-918981

I see Trump as the yin to the crazy left's yang.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 01:02:38 pm »

The President and his alt right constituency are inciting hate from one end of this country to the other, tearing the country apart...and you think that focusing on one idiot who wants to ask a baby his opinion is a righteous thing?

Let me know when you get your head straight and decide to stop being part of the problem.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 02:20:18 pm »

Hahahaha .... most of the people hating are on the left. Even the release of hostages has turned into anti-Trump. It’s gotten so bad even many on the left just shake their heads at how irrational it’s gotten.  It’s more fashionable to belittle and or attack cops than its a to hold kids accountable in school. In fact ... outside hate for Trump and anyone who may not “hate” him ... Democrats don’t have a political message any longer.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 02:24:08 pm »

Man, CF went off the deep end. I knew he never made much sense, but it just gets worse and worse. It's a shame part of the country is like him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 03:09:22 pm »

On the other hand when you are at the end of your life and you don't give a shit what anyone thinks including your own political party, you tend to look at things differently. There's a special type of clarity that comes from the reality that your dieing.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 03:37:15 pm »

When George Will, John McCain, George Bush, Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney are all being demonized and called RINOs because they aren't in lock step with Trump it is time to conclude the GOP has jumped the shark.

I have profound differences of opinion with McCain including some of his votes on veterans issues.  But they were consistent with his overall fiscal conservative philosophy. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 03:39:26 pm »

Man, CF went off the deep end. I knew he never made much sense, but it just gets worse and worse. It's a shame part of the country is like him.

He makes a ton of sense...until he starts talking politics.

Hahahaha .... most of the people hating are on the left. Even the release of hostages has turned into anti-Trump.

Actually, most of the people on the left are still in shock that anyone would vote for a draft-dodging, narcissistic, illiterate putz, and then, when the left realizes that the right doesn't care if Trump is a draft-dodging, narcissistic, illiterate putz, as long as he isn't a democrat, then we get a little frustrated at the ignorance required to take that position.

The hate...that's the right's domain. They hate the left, they hate people of color, they hate people who don't worship the way they do. Trying to put that on the left is simply transference in its purest form.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray