Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who is going to return punts this year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who is going to return punts this year?  (Read 809 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:23 pm »

Landry is gone but he was our go to guy when we needed it. Amendola had a better return average than both Grant and Landry. Was that because of being on a better team or is he just a better return man?

Veteran receiver Danny Amendola, who often returned punts for New England, seems like the most likely man to replace Landry in that role. Special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi said today he’s consider Amendola, receiver Albert Wilson and rookie running back Kalen Ballage on punt returns in addition to Jakeem Grant.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:00:39 pm »

My 49ers drafted arguably the two best punt returners in this class with Dante Pettis and DJ Reed. I am especially psyched to see Pettis in action...he can take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 05:52:45 pm »

I watched the interview with special teams coach Rizzo and he mentioned 4 different players that could return kicks. Ballage, Drake, Amendola and Wilson I believe. Not sure if he was referring to just kickoffs or punts too. Apparently all of these guys have experience doing it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray