Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins address big need - Lions trade Akeem Spence to Miami
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins address big need - Lions trade Akeem Spence to Miami  (Read 2755 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 05:14:39 pm »

I agree, about Landry it didn't matter who was starting Tannehill,Moore,Cutler,Or Fales...Landry got the ball..Not because every play was designed for him...The QB's knew who would make the play,and most likely be open.Too many fans,seem to marginalize Landry and his stats,because he put up numbers despite the rest of the team.

I find it strange everyone on this Effin teams (that is still here) seems to get pass for a bad year...You know because Tannehill went down,except the people Jettison this off season despite their numbers...Saying it's their attitudes...It's all their fault!  Roll Eyes  I'm tired of trying to argue about Landry...You'll believe what ever you want to believe anyways...Justify it how you want...It's not my job to explain it to anyone...
Who is getting a pass? I haven't heard anyone who is happy with Parker and Stills gets plenty of criticism. Caroo never panned out and Grant is hit and miss. It will be interesting to see if Stills numbers go back up with Tanny returning but we have not had a great receiving corps. As such, we dump off to Landry for short gains.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 01:17:10 pm »

My point is exactly what you just said,a lot of fans (not just you),articles being written (IE Gregg Rosenthal on NFL.com.I like the Dolphins team more than I did before I did this,Joe Schad's similar article on the PBP)... To me all these things give the rest of the team a pass...Just like you said (I've seen it written about Parker too) Tannehill returning might help the Stills numbers.It feels like we're discounted the contributions,belittling the contributions of the guy's we've shed off this team..Landry,Suh,Cutler...Alonzo should be better,this year....Really? in '16 he was playing MLB,with Suh in front of him.Last year Alonzo really stunk a lot of the year,and had 2 experienced LB's playing next to him for awhile...Now? EEK.

For me,remember all the "rust" Cutler was supposedly needed to shake off? get his timing back,reading defenses,etc,etc...He played his last game for the Bears about 2 weeks before Tannehill got hurt.Cutler had 6 years of NFL experience reading defenses,playing QB,etc,before Tannehill was even drafted,to lean off to make shaking the rust off easier...

I admit, I don't listen to radio shows about the Dolphins, I read articles written,tweeted out.Talk Radio,I imagine might have more criticism of Stills,and Parker,but I don't like listening to that stuff.It tends to be like a make or break,they need to step up this year,but they really haven't done it in the past.Outside of that,there isn't a whole lot of "criticism" ...Err outside of me screaming and bitching constantly... Cheesy

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:42 pm »

For me,remember all the "rust" Cutler was supposedly needed to shake off? get his timing back,reading defenses,etc,etc...He played his last game for the Bears about 2 weeks before Tannehill got hurt.Cutler had 6 years of NFL experience reading defenses,playing QB,etc,before Tannehill was even drafted,to lean off to make shaking the rust off easier...
For me the issue wasn't rust, it was arm strength/talent. I've watched a fair bit of Cutler's career prior to coming to Miami and he was always a gunslinger type thowing the ball down the field and making some amazing throws. Last year I didn't see any of that. Not only was he not throwing the ball down the field, but when he did they didn't have much zip on them. Seemed to me that Cutler was a guy who could get away with poor mechanics his whole career, but when that arm talent wasn't quite there any more, he really went downhill. Maybe that was the reason the expectations for him were not very high by most, but I hadn't realized it and so my expectations were that he'd be the same guy in Miami that he had been in Chicago. Sure I knew he would throw some ill advised passes, but I thought he'd make some great throws too. There were far too many of the former and not near enough of the latter.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:14:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 02:43:03 pm »

"Rust" seemed to be the excuse early on was the point I was making...

I agree with you (especially deeper into the season),I watched him a lot in Chicago (not as much in Denver).Guy's tended to also make plays for him more in Chicago,and he took more risks,using his big arm..I think it also was big factor,a 99% chance it 1 year and done situation, plus living in his hotel room way from his Wife/kids all season.He was sort of going through the motions for the paycheck (outside of a couple games)

Seemed Like David Fales was a bigger spark the last game of the season...

(Modified to clairfy that I did agree with Pappy)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:50:34 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:55 pm »

One thing I can say is  ... we weren't winning a lot of games with the guys we lost and we haven't won a lot of games with the guys we kept. I can only hope for the best but truly very few people in this whole organization have proven themselves if you ask me. It seems like a whole life ago where many of us attended a TDMMC tailgate and wore bags on our heads.  That was 2004 and other than names ... not much had changed.  Cry

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 02:21:59 pm »

Cutler.  To paraphrase a great post game comment, "He was who we thought he was."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray