Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Vegas Golden Knights
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vegas Golden Knights  (Read 2563 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: May 20, 2018, 11:45:58 pm »

Big big moment of history.  The first expansion team to make it to the finals in their first year in the NHL.  Nobody saw this coming

And the irony is if my Bolts win their series, you'll have the latest expansion team playing against one of the second latest for the Stanley Cup

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:07:36 am »

You need to recheck that. Florida, Atlanta  (Winnipeg), Minnesota, Columbus and probably a few others were all expansion teams between those two.

Also, I just found out St. Louis went to the finals their first season.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:12:49 am by Phishfan » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 03:14:57 pm »

You need to recheck that. Florida, Atlanta  (Winnipeg), Minnesota, Columbus and probably a few others were all expansion teams between those two.

They did, but they were in a division with all other expansion teams.   Easier path.   As for the other stuff you're right except that Florida and Tampa came in the league in the same year

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 03:59:28 pm »

Tampa is a year older. They were the first team in Florida.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:54:39 am »

The Vegas arena went nuts after their game 1 win.  And thousands were packed outside watching on Jumbotron screens.  I'll bet they'll open the arena for games 3 and 4 in Washington.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 10:59:01 am »

Huge crowd for the game last night.

At first I thought the pregame theatrics were going to be cool but I felt the cheesiness kick in rather quickly.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 01:09:42 pm »

And the Raiders are licking their chops, as well as the entire NFL, looking forward to big paydays when the move is complete.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:04:30 am »

I want Ovechkin to have his cup because he deserves it, but Vegas is such a great story. Literally a bunch of castoffs that no one wanted, in some cases their old teams bribed the Knights to even take them and their contracts.

Really makes me hate my Rangers even more for not being able to build a consistent contender when these guys did it in one year.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 02:35:13 pm »

I want Ovechkin to have his cup because he deserves it, but Vegas is such a great story. Literally a bunch of castoffs that no one wanted, in some cases their old teams bribed the Knights to even take them and their contracts.

Really makes me hate my Rangers even more for not being able to build a consistent contender when these guys did it in one year.

At least they fired their coach.  He had them going downhill every year.   I'm still pissed that the Bolts blew it in the conference finals and I hope Ovechkin gets his ass handed to him by a bunch of castoffs.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:00 am »

I've actually barely watched the Rangers since they no showed a Game 7 at home against the Lightning. Not a coincidence that Tampa loads up on Rangers and then no shows their own Game 7.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 02:14:46 pm »

Florida did not make it in their 1st year...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 11:38:24 pm »

Florida did not make it in their 1st year...

No one said they did.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray