Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:28:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  More non-news from around the league.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: More non-news from around the league.  (Read 10774 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:38 pm »

Apparently Bill Belichick gave a press conference wearing a windbreaker that had Patriot Pat ripped off.  According to the NFL network this should all make us cry.  Also we're supposed to have our drama antennae on high because Tom Brady who has been with him forever and Gronkowski who's been there almost as long weren't at OTA's yesterday.

Also something about the Jets finally have quarterbacks on their roster. 

Deshaun Watson completed a lot of passes in practice.

Chicago will have the greatest offense since the '99 Rams.

Something about Dez Bryant.

Matt Patricia wants to run the ball in Detroit. 

After that I put on Bar Rescue and went to sleep. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:41:56 pm »

Even after trading for Tyrod Taylor, and taking the #1 QB in the draft, the Browns tried to trade a #2 draft pick for Philly's Foles.  Philly turned them down.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:09:03 am »

Gronk spiked a watermelon and is in love with a horse named after him.  At least that was funny.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:01:46 am »

Reuben Foster of the 49ers just had all of the domestic violence charges dropped, after his ex admitted that she was making shit up to go for a money grab and to hurt him for breaking up with her. He could still face discipline from the league, but since there was a strong possibility that he would get booted from the 49ers, I'll be OK with a short suspension.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:36 am »

Reuben Foster of the 49ers just had all of the domestic violence charges dropped, after his ex admitted that she was making shit up to go for a money grab and to hurt him for breaking up with her. He could still face discipline from the league, but since there was a strong possibility that he would get booted from the 49ers, I'll be OK with a short suspension.
That whole story seems bogus to me. I'm not sure how you go from being left "bruised and with a ruptured ear drum” to "I made up the story because I was mad." I think you'll see her bank account make a significant jump and if history shows anything then he will soon get himself back into trouble. I really hope he straightens himself out but I'm not expecting it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:27:15 am »

In other non news, NE is getting silly with preseason player numbers.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 11:23:05 am »

That whole story seems bogus to me. I'm not sure how you go from being left "bruised and with a ruptured ear drum” to "I made up the story because I was mad." I think you'll see her bank account make a significant jump and if history shows anything then he will soon get himself back into trouble. I really hope he straightens himself out but I'm not expecting it.

You're missing a big part of the story... While I don't doubt that money will be changing hands, she actually produced a video of the fight she had with another person that caused those marks.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »

Richie Incognito off his meds again, he lasted about nine months longer than I thought he would.  In an involuntary hold for psychiatric problems.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 01:58:21 pm »

You're missing a big part of the story... While I don't doubt that money will be changing hands, she actually produced a video of the fight she had with another person that caused those marks.
I hadn't seen that. That definitely changes things. What a biatch!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 02:06:24 pm »

I hadn't seen that. That definitely changes things. What a biatch!!

Yeah, even worse, she allegedly did the same sort of thing with a different ex-boyfriend a while back.

~ Micah Leggat
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 08:56:31 am »

Richie Incognito off his meds again, he lasted about nine months longer than I thought he would.  In an involuntary hold for psychiatric problems.

That's a shame.  That dude seemed like he really tried to straighten himself out and he took so much crap over the Jonathan Martin thing.  And we lost him to Buffalo.  Of all the places.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 09:21:29 am »

That's a shame.  That dude seemed like he really tried to straighten himself out and he took so much crap over the Jonathan Martin thing.  And we lost him to Buffalo.  Of all the places.

The Bills released him and he threw a dumbbell at a guy in a local gym.  The guy is off his rocker.  Some of my fellow Bucs fans were suggesting they bring him in on a prove-it type deal.  I don't want him anywhere near OBP.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 03:26:18 am »

I saw a comment to the effect of, "We all thought Richie Incognito was just your average schoolyard bully, but based on Jonathan Martin's life trajectory since then it would appear Incognito is actually one of the greatest bullies of all time, which you have to respect."

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 04:13:58 pm »

I saw a comment to the effect of, "We all thought Richie Incognito was just your average schoolyard bully, but based on Jonathan Martin's life trajectory since then it would appear Incognito is actually one of the greatest bullies of all time, which you have to respect."
Stop blaming Incognito for Martin's issues. It's clear now that Martin was just as unstable as Incognito if not more.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/the-quiet-redemption-of-jonathan-martin
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:22:09 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 06:21:55 am »

Martin sure didn't seem that unstable when he was at Stanford.  In fact, he didn't seem particularly unstable until he became the teammate of a guy who had already been kicked off of multiple NFL teams because of his demeanor.

But Incognito was an effective offensive lineman, so all that stuff gets swept under the rug.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray