Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:10:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  More non-news from around the league.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: More non-news from around the league.  (Read 10966 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 06:56:06 pm »

I think he made them angry because he convinced other players to also kneel.  So while players like Kenny Stills and Eric Reid can be forgiven, Kaep (as the original rabble rouser) needs to be taught a lesson.

This is why I have a slightly different expectation about what will happen to Le'veon Bell... especially with him making statements about how he's "doing this for the rest of the players."  As Bob McNair put it, you can't have the inmates running the prison... and that's what Kaep and Bell represent.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »

This is why I have a slightly different expectation about what will happen to Le'veon Bell... especially with him making statements about how he's "doing this for the rest of the players."  As Bob McNair put it, you can't have the inmates running the prison... and that's what Kaep and Bell represent.

I think Bell had every right to sit out, but I think the way he did it angered not only owners, but fans and teammates alike.  He gave the impression to his team that he was going to show up during the bye week, and he didn't, which angered some of his teammates.  Then he said he was leaving Miami for Pittsburgh giving the impression he was going to show up at the last deadline for him to report this year, and he didn't.  I know quite a few Steelers fans that liked him as a player in prior years, but were pi$$ed over his shenanigans this year, as were his fellow teammates that raided his locker when he didn't show.  If he said from the start he was going to sit the entire season out, then players and most fans would have been alright with it.  But by sticking it to Steeler ownership he also stuck it to fans and teammates, hence he may get an icy reception wherever he lands.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 10:52:20 pm »

Let me just clarify and say that I'm not 100% convinced Bell will also be blackballed.  The league would have to be incredibly stupid to do so with another collusion case already on the books right now; refusing to sign Bell would be too blatant.  The only reason to even try that would be:

1) the league expects that the regulators will do nothing about either situation (and there's no better time to make that gambit than right now)
and
2) the league expects and welcomes a labor stoppage at the end of the current CBA, with the intent to finally break the back of the NFLPA once and for all

I can't say those are bad bets.  The NFLPA is the most incompetent union in pro sports.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 07:44:19 am »

is it sad that with the state of the dolphins talent vs the rest of the league, i welcome replacement players? .. bring on the scabs !
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 04:53:20 pm »

Let me just clarify and say that I'm not 100% convinced Bell will also be blackballed.  The league would have to be incredibly stupid to do so with another collusion case already on the books right now; refusing to sign Bell would be too blatant.  The only reason to even try that would be:

1) the league expects that the regulators will do nothing about either situation (and there's no better time to make that gambit than right now)
and
2) the league expects and welcomes a labor stoppage at the end of the current CBA, with the intent to finally break the back of the NFLPA once and for all

I can't say those are bad bets.  The NFLPA is the most incompetent union in pro sports.

Bell will get hired somewhere, perhaps Kansas City, it's just a matter of how much.  Personally I feel the owners have been colluding against paying RB's for several years now.  The handful of top RB's are just as valuable as top QB's and WR's, but they have been unwilling to give them the large contracts.  Instead the owners prefer to use them up and throw them away.

I thought the NFLPA was already broken; how much better of a deal can the owners get?  The owners are making more than ever.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 05:25:38 pm »

When does the current CBA end?

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2018, 04:43:57 am »

When does the current CBA end?

After the 2020 season.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2018, 08:58:15 am »

I don't see a case of owners colluding against paying RBs i see an evaluation of fair market value. RB is a position where you can get alot done with very little.
look at pittsburgh .. i think they're fine without bell. It doesn't help his case at all that his replacement is putting up similar stats.

The only position that is worth QB money is a QB. even a stud WR doesn't merit alot of money. they just don't help the team win in the same way a star QB does.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2018, 08:59:25 am »

I thought the forgone conclusion is the Jets will sign Bell although now they may be in contention with KC. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2018, 09:26:04 am »

I don't see a case of owners colluding against paying RBs i see an evaluation of fair market value. RB is a position where you can get alot done with very little.
look at pittsburgh .. i think they're fine without bell. It doesn't help his case at all that his replacement is putting up similar stats.

The only position that is worth QB money is a QB. even a stud WR doesn't merit alot of money. they just don't help the team win in the same way a star QB does.

RB is also a position that has a short shelf life.  Hence the owners are reluctant to shell out big contracts for that position

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2018, 10:55:07 am »

RB is also a position that has a short shelf life. 

With obvious notable exceptions, like Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson and a few others...but yeah, RB's, on average, simply can't take the prolonged beating required of the position.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2018, 11:08:59 am »

I got curious and found this, thought I'd share:

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2018, 11:59:15 am »

I also don’t think RB matter that much. The quality of the oline is 95% the rb is only 5%.  I would rather have Conner and Pittsburgh oline then Bell and Mia oline.  Smart teams won’t spend a ton on a rb because using that money to improve the oline is a better investment.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:06 pm »

I also don’t think RB matter that much. The quality of the oline is 95% the rb is only 5%.  I would rather have Conner and Pittsburgh oline then Bell and Mia oline.  Smart teams won’t spend a ton on a rb because using that money to improve the oline is a better investment.
On the flip side it's easier to sign a single player the caliber of Bell then it is to find 5 offensive lineman the caliber of Pittsburgh's offensive line. Just sayin'.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2018, 04:07:14 pm »

I would rather have Conner and Pittsburgh oline then Bell and Mia oline. 
Me too! How can we pull that off?  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray