Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:48:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Uber/Lyft items left in your car
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Uber/Lyft items left in your car  (Read 2562 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 07:37:09 pm »

Not in Tampa they aren't.  From my house to downtown:  Taxi - $30...Uber - $17.

Not to mention, there is always an Uber less than 5 minutes away....Taxi, I need to call ahead of time, anywhere from 30 min to an hour.  Tampa doesn't have the luxury of "waiving a taxi down" unless you are downtown or in Ybor, and even then you're lucky to get one.

If taxi's are using apps now, it's too little too late.  Uber was doing in before them, so I'll stick with Uber.

When I visit Baltimore the above statement fits identically.  Furthermore, three years ago, when we were still using taxi's regularly, we had a large group of people and used two different taxi companies - we went the exact same distance and route, one cab charged $16 and the other charged $23.

Where I live, a community of about 100,000 people, the local cab companies have zero technology.  When you call for a ride they say it's always 30 minutes, but it might be 15 mins or it might be an hour, or they may have forgotten about you all together.  However, the local rates for cabs are fairly competitive, but still more expensive than Uber.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray