Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:51:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Camp notes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Camp notes  (Read 933 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:23 pm »

For those of you interested in the start of camp. BTW ... Tannehill is not wearing a brace.

Palm Beach Post Tweets....

Ryan Tannehill is practicing without a knee brace. Tannehill hit Danny Amendola on the first pass the media saw. Then he hits Amendola a few more times at the start of practice.

• Kenny Stills took the first individual wide receiver rep. He is the leader of that group.

• Bryce Petty and David Fales are playing catch.

• Amendola got very angry with himself after a mistake. He practices full-speed.

• Lippett and McMillan are participating in individual drills and team drills.

• Former Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen is still out here, throwing to receivers.

• Isaiah Ford,  now wearing #84, is moving really well in his return from injury.

• Just noticed Akeem Spence is 6-foot-1. He is taller than me, but five inches shorter than Jordan Phillips.

• Ryan Tannehill hit A.J. Derby over the middle on a nice completion.

• Jamiyus Pittman, undrafted rookie defensive lineman, batted down a pass at the line.

• Osweiler threw a beautiful sideline pass to Isaiah Ford.

• Tannehill slides in the pocket to avoid pressure, and throws a strike to Kenyan Drake.

• Tannehill pulled rookie tight end Mike Gesicki aside to help him understand something.

• Kalen Ballage is a big man and he glides when he runs.

• All the quarterbacks are getting a fair share of work – Tannehill, Osweiler, Fales and Petty.

• Bobby McCain nearly intercepted Tannehill on a pass near the sideline.

• Jakeem Grant caught a bomb from David Fales.

@ArmandoSalguero
 2h2 hours ago
More
Ryan Tannehill play action fake and throw from under center is 3.01 secs. Anything under 3 secs is amazing.

@JasonLieser
 2h2 hours ago
More
Dolphins' entire roster has reported for OTAs.

@AdamHBeasley
 2h2 hours ago

My take from watching an hour of practice: Ryan Tannehill looks fluid in his drops. He throws the ball like he has in the past.

@AdamHBeasley
 3h3 hours ago
More
First impression of Danny Amendola: He gets really mad when even a drill goes haywire.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:15:59 pm »

I think it should be noted that Tannehill is not only looking good on the field but he is getting on to players who aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing. Some of his biggest critics in the media have taken notice and I've heard that he is not afraid to pull a player off to the side to instruct them.

“I try to be patient,” Tannehill said. “Sometimes I might be a little short-tempered on expecting guys to do what they’re supposed to do. I hold guys accountable and I think that’s the way we’re gonna win here is by everyone being accountable, myself included.

“You can’t look past it. If a guy makes a mistake once, you might let it go. If he makes it again, that’s when I have a problem. If we’ve already that mistake, it should be corrected.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »

Ryan Tannehill looks fluid in his drops.

I saw this and at first I couldn't help thinking, "You are complementing him on how fumbles the ball?"  Then at second glance I realized that was not what he meant.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:52:46 am »

A few wrap up comments after the last day.

--Omar, who will never be confused for a Dolphin cheerleader, says ...
Tannehill looks healthy, mobile, confident and throwing with better accuracy than he has ever seen him do. He stated that there is definitely less passes hitting the ground than ever before. General consensus is that he is playing his best football heading out of camp.

---Raekwon McMillan looks healthy and fast. He ran speedster Kenyan Drake down on a sweep.

--- David Fales is definitely the 2nd best QB at this point.

--- new DE Robert Quinn has been impressive. He gets very low and has a quick bend to his step.“Nobody else on this team could do it. Honestly,” said right tackle Ja’Wuan James, who has to block Wake every day. “That’s how crazy it is.”  ....“Have y’all seen his bend?” Tunsil asked. “Y’all haven’t seen his bend? Man, he touches the ground with his knee and gets up, I don’t know how he does it.

--- Charles Harris is bigger and stronger than his rookie season

---Adam Gase says Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe are to the point they're not making the same mistakes twice

---Minkah Fitzpatrick is splitting reps between free safety, strong safety and nickel cornerback. Ryan Tannehill says Minkah Fitzpatrick is aggressive, plays fast and makes big plays

---

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray