Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thoughts on Bobby McCain's contract extension?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on Bobby McCain's contract extension?  (Read 1206 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: June 02, 2018, 09:01:14 am »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935409/article/dolphins-sign-bobby-mccain-for-four-years-27-million
I'm really torn...
I'm happy for Mccain,and he was in the last year of his contract....
We've signed 2 draft picks,and really limited on cap space,and little room for error if we get hit with injuries/someone comes available.

It's just another head scratcher by this front office... Huh

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 02:18:38 pm »

The highest paid nickel back in the league

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »

He was lights out last half of the season after struggling early in his career.  This was a good move, Miami is going to have one of the better secondaries of the future.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:32:20 am »

I like that they are signing solid guys early. Like Tannehill's contract ... it pays off in the long run. He is a good DB and continues to get better so I believe he is worth the risk.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 10:11:26 am »

You guys already hit on what my feelings were.  At first glance, I was a little stunned by the highest paid slot corner in the league contract.  But on the other hand, I'm a huge believer that you can't have enough good defensive backs in today's NFL.  So if you truly believe in a guy (and the Fins have certainly made mistakes in that area), then lock him up and keep him. 
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:59:34 am »

I didn't like this signing.  We draft a nickle CB in Round 1 then make McCain the highest paid nickel CB in the league...don't get it.

Not sure Minkah has the size to play safety either.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 11:37:01 am »

I didn't like this signing.  We draft a nickle CB in Round 1 then make McCain the highest paid nickel CB in the league...don't get it.

Not sure Minkah has the size to play safety either.
He has plenty size to play FS, what we drafted him for, not nickel. He can play nickel, and likely will periodically, but he's the FS.  This was the most sure thing Miami has had in the draft in a while.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray