Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:56:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Using Cell service not from one of the big 4 carriers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Using Cell service not from one of the big 4 carriers?  (Read 1347 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:06:31 pm »

Sorry 2 in 1 day,Are you using topics....

Anyone use one of these services that use the big 4 carriers towers,but aren't the big 4 carriers?

I looked into Ting,but it probably wont be for me...the other one I'm currently looking into is TextNow?

My biggest issue,is the Towers they use locally,can be spotty currently.I'm so wanting to get away from At&T.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »

I use MetroPCS and they use the T - Mobile network. People use to complain about the service but I have never had an issue. I think the issues were before that relationship started.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 02:52:09 pm »

I've used Tracfone, or Net10, for decades and never have any service issues.  Of course I use my phone basically as just a phone to make/receive calls.  Also use it for texting, uber, and sometimes to look at emails. I don't really use it for internet "stuff", but do occasionally if there is Wi-Fi available.  Since I'm not using up GB's on internet stuff I only pay $7 per month including taxes and fees.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 10:39:10 pm »

I started out on Tracphone,then switched to At&t Gophone to get better coverage.(I had horrid reception with tracphone phones when I went camping/floating) At&t (Gophone? is what they call it when you but their burner phones),prepaid phone lets me use any GSM unlocked,or At&T branded phone that I could put a sim card into.

I'm thinking of dumping the POTS landline phone for a Cell phone,essentially talk only plan...to see if I can save a few bucks.My home cordless phone can be paired with the bluetooth of a cell phone.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:49:11 am »

I've been with Cricket for years.  They use AT&T's towers.  No problems whatsoever. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:09:20 pm »

I use boost, who I think is sprint.  Works for me only 30 per month.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 07:23:02 pm »

I started out on Tracphone,then switched to At&t Gophone to get better coverage.(I had horrid reception with tracphone phones when I went camping/floating) At&t (Gophone? is what they call it when you but their burner phones),prepaid phone lets me use any GSM unlocked,or At&T branded phone that I could put a sim card into.

I believe tracfone works off of different cell carriers' towers, depending on where you live.  For instance where I live I believe mine primarily uses Verizon towers, but if traveling it may go through other carriers' cell towers, such as AT&T.  I'm not sure how long ago you switched, but I know in the last ten years I haven't had reception problems out of town, where previously I couldn't get a signal.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray