Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you burned out on?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What are you burned out on?  (Read 2514 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:54:21 pm »

For me, it's the greater Marvel universe.  (and Superhero EU, in general)

I used to keep up to date with all the cinematic Marvel stuff.  I just don't have it in me anymore to follow all the threads.  I still keep up with the movies, but I'm way, way, way behind on all the TV stuff.  It's just too much that I got overwhelmed.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:17:15 pm »

Hearing about LeBron's stupid ass every day. Fuck that cry baby!!!

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:23:23 pm »

The way the NBA operates

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:31:09 am »

Work.  It's getting aggravating and we suffer from a general lack of Supervision.

The number 8.  Do we really need it?

News.  Every time I turn on the TV, Trump is going to blow up the universe or that Weinstein guy groped another woman.  STOP IT.  Just STOP IT.

Professional Sports sanctioning bodies.  I'm sick of all of them.  NFL NBA MLB NASCAR.  I'm turning into Cartman everytime they talk about one of these 5 star clowns giving the circus away I start yelling NO SATAN THAT'S A BAD SATAN or something like that at the TV.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:06 am »

The extreme left and extreme right.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:12:19 pm »

Yep. ... I agree.  That's pretty much all you see and hear all day long and it has gotten old.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 02:59:22 pm »

pennies.  we don't need them, just round up or down to a nickel.  Then, since you have an extra spot in the register for coins, do away with the dollar bill (change it to $1 coin only); then fill the $1 bill spot with the $2 bill.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56:08 pm »

pennies.  we don't need them, just round up or down to a nickel.  Then, since you have an extra spot in the register for coins, do away with the dollar bill (change it to $1 coin only); then fill the $1 bill spot with the $2 bill.

I hear people complain about the penny a lot but doing away with it changes the entire tax structure. They aren't going to lower the sales tax around here to 5% so what kind of hell do you think people would raise if it was announced that sales tax was being raised to 10%?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »

I'd drop an "Amen" on this, but that might come across as a wee bit hypochritical...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:43 pm »

I hear people complain about the penny a lot but doing away with it changes the entire tax structure. They aren't going to lower the sales tax around here to 5% so what kind of hell do you think people would raise if it was announced that sales tax was being raised to 10%?

No need to change any sales tax rate, the most extra paid on any sale would only be 3 cents.  For example if the current sales tax rate is 7%, and the retail cost of an item is $5.25, then currently you pay 37 cents (rounded up from .3675) in sales tax.   By eliminating pennies the .3675 would be rounded up to 40 cents, so you would pay a whopping 3 cents more on the sale.  furthermore, there would be instances where you would round down, so it would all equal out in the long run.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 03:20:09 am »

Enough on taxes. I don't mean to throw the thread off the rails. I am burned out on high rates from cable companies, people who push the motorized handicapped door opener when entering a building and then grab the door to pull it open anyway, people who pull around you in traffic when you left a gap at a railroad crossing or intersection, Westwold, and having my weekend filled so full with yard work and chores that I want to propose we add another day to the week where it is illegal to do anything.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:38:09 am »

Bringing it back around, I'm burned out on taxes.  Bonus?  Huge tax.  Cash in stocks?  Huge tax.  Buy a car?  Tax.  Yearly income tax.  Paycheck tax deductions. Property tax. tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax, sick of this shit.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 10:07:21 am »

No need to change any sales tax rate, the most extra paid on any sale would only be 3 cents.  For example if the current sales tax rate is 7%, and the retail cost of an item is $5.25, then currently you pay 37 cents (rounded up from .3675) in sales tax.   By eliminating pennies the .3675 would be rounded up to 40 cents, so you would pay a whopping 3 cents more on the sale.  furthermore, there would be instances where you would round down, so it would all equal out in the long run.
I'd love to be the one to benefit from all of those pennies!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 01:40:57 pm »

I am also tired of Kevin Hart and Dwyane the Rock Johnson.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 03:23:31 pm »

Lol @ Phish..In most places no/little yardwork is called winter... Cheesy

Masterfins,and Phish (taxes)..You guys just don't want us to have anything nice! I'd suggest voting no on more tax issues.(I realize it doesn't stop,all or probably even most taxes,but it's your say in more taxes!)

Mom working for the county,people bitch why did my taxes go up!!!! Bitch and Moan,Scream and yell...Mom asks remember that vote recently,your community voted to raise taxes...

- Political B.S. (turning everything political)
- Trump -Take his cell phone away for 2 weeks,tell him it's for a free upgrade,and send him on vacation...
- Endless political investigations - Gaslighting,Everyday a new gaslight scandal.
- Calling everything you don't like/disagree with Bad for America,or Fake news.

Ok some non political ones...
- Cell Phone manufacturers- The new  Super-Duper Mega Greatest phone ever! (till we release another one 6 months,or a year from now.Another manufacturer will knock off with some improvement  2 months from now))
- Dog pee- The new puppy has a bladder like the energizer bunny.
- T.V. in general - Even with streaming,services,I'm bored to tears with 90% of the shows.
- Food manufacturers trying to come up with "limited time" versions  their products,or new spins on their same old products.Ie Funky flavored oreos.
- Remaking everything from my youth....T.v shows,and movies,It does nothing but kill my affinity,and nostalgia for what I loved about those things.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray