Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Comey used a private e-mail account to conduct official FBI business  (Read 14036 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »

When you(anyone) break a law and are arrested you are separated from your children if they have no where else to go. Entering the US is illegal and they are supposed to be criminally prosecuted. The laws should be upheld. If you don't want to be separated from your kids don't kill people, don't make meth, don't rob banks, and don't cross the boarder illegally. All criminals are separated from their kids, this is a non issue.

You cited three serious felonies to defend a draconian measure against people who are being charged with committing a misdemeanor. 

Laws, you want to talk about laws.  This policy violates international law. 

But that is not what I was responding to.  This was a policy was of Trump's making.  CNN accurately reporting that this was not a policy of the democrats but of Trump is not biased reporting. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 08:19:02 pm »

So a tweet supporting China outweighs the fact he actually placed high tariffs on them?
"Of course you shouldn't believe what Trump says, he's a liar!"

CF, the defense you are mounting for Trump in this thread is embarrassing.  It's clear you know and acknowledge how terrible of a person he is, that he's a complete buffoon... yet because he's Owning The Libs, you remain on board the Trump Train.

Are there any of your conservative principles you are NOT willing to discard in service of Trump?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 08:25:57 pm »

When you(anyone) break a law and are arrested you are separated from your children if they have no where else to go. Entering the US is illegal and they are supposed to be criminally prosecuted.
According to international law - established by treaties that the US is a signatory to - it is explicitly legal to approach the border and formally request asylum.  Under Trump, families that have done so are being split up, with the children being placed in separate detention camps.  According to AG Sessions, this is specifically intended as a deterrent.

Once again, Republicans get into the White House and start violating international law.  First it's torture, now it's imprisoning children seeking asylum.  This is neither an accident nor a coincidence.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:27 am »

Fact is Trump falsely accused the democrats for his own policies.  That is the unbiased reporting.  The news have an obligation to provide the facts and context.  "Trump blames Democrats for policy that separates families" is incomplete when it is a fact that it was his policy not the democrats.  The press has an obligation to provide facts and context and not just the report what the president said, but also if what the president said has an basis in reality. Reporting that the president lies is not biased reporting it is fact based reporting. 
No. When taking his comment into context he is telling the truth. They chose not to enforce the law (although there is a ton of tape of them saying they would), and then they started telling illegals to cross with children as it helps their case. The solution is left to him alone as the Democrats refuse to discuss law even though a few years ago they were preaching the same thing.   He said to enforce the law and that is what they are doing. He didn't create a new policy. The truth is is you break a law then you get separated from your children. Trump did not start that.  That's the law for citizens and it certainly should be the same for illegals.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions made this announcement a few months ago and no one listened. "If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law … If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border.  We don’t want to separate families, but we don’t want families to enter the border illegally. We urge them not to do so."

Even Hillary agreed just before Trump was elected "“We have to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn’t mean the child gets to stay,” the former secretary of state said. “So, we don’t want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.”
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:09:23 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 09:52:27 am »

"Of course you shouldn't believe what Trump says, he's a liar!"

CF, the defense you are mounting for Trump in this thread is embarrassing.  It's clear you know and acknowledge how terrible of a person he is, that he's a complete buffoon... yet because he's Owning The Libs, you remain on board the Trump Train.

Are there any of your conservative principles you are NOT willing to discard in service of Trump?
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm a Christian and I have my values that I live by. I fail but I do try.  I have friends who have cheated on their wives, use drugs, steal things and would cheat on a business deal to make money. You know ... typical American males.  I try and be there for them but they aren't Christians ... so I can't try and hold them accountable to Christian values. I can only try to set a possible example for them.

In that same regard I do not look to Trump for my values. I look to him to make policy that I agree with.  I know you haven't read the Bible but God uses the worst people to accomplish his purposes without being tainted by it. Trump being an areshole has not made me one ... or at least not any more of one than I already am.

I've said it before and I'll reiterate it again. I'd love for someone like Mike Huckabee to be president but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. As it is ... I'm hoping to see Nikki Haley in the oval office soon. Then I will be both proud and supportive.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 10:10:20 am »

You cited three serious felonies to defend a draconian measure against people who are being charged with committing a misdemeanor. 

But that is not what I was responding to.  This was a policy was of Trump's making.  CNN accurately reporting that this was not a policy of the democrats but of Trump is not biased reporting. 
Trump said to enforce the law. He didn't make a brand new policy.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 10:40:05 am »

God uses the worst people to accomplish his purposes without being tainted by it.

So...do you believe that God is using Trump to accomplish God's purposes?

If the answer to that is "Yes," then one more follow up question:

Are you fucking serious?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 11:01:32 am »

It is absolutely false news that there is a law requiring families be separated. Common sense alone would raise the question of if it was law rather than policy, why did no administration follow it until April?
Fact Check: Did Democrats Pass a Law Separating Children and Adults at the Southern Border?

http://flip.it/cIOnyV
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 11:50:25 am »

It is absolutely false news that there is a law requiring families be separated. Common sense alone would raise the question of if it was law rather than policy, why did no administration follow it until April?
Fact Check: Did Democrats Pass a Law Separating Children and Adults at the Southern Border?

http://flip.it/cIOnyV
I guess the problem for me is that I blow off the one comment he said and focus on the whole of what he is saying and doing. If it's only about semantics then you guys win. He was false in that statement.  Here's the message I've been seeing and getting from him and Sessions.
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrumpIt is the Democrats fault for being weak and ineffective with Boarder Security and Crime. Tell them to start thinking about the people devastated by Crime coming from illegal immigration. Change the laws!

6:53 AM - 18 Jun 2018

It's a lose-lose under the current laws unless you just ignore them as Obama did... which is just a big lose.  From your own article points out the problems with what Obama tried to do before he started ignoring the issue. "As noted by a fact-check from the New York Times, the Obama administration, during a sharp increase in family migration from South America, utilized family detention centers, which attracted lawsuits claiming “that doing so had breached the Flores settlement by not releasing children swiftly.”

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 01:10:10 pm »

According to international law - established by treaties that the US is a signatory to - it is explicitly legal to approach the border and formally request asylum.  Under Trump, families that have done so are being split up, with the children being placed in separate detention camps.  According to AG Sessions, this is specifically intended as a deterrent.

Once again, Republicans get into the White House and start violating international law.  First it's torture, now it's imprisoning children seeking asylum.  This is neither an accident nor a coincidence.
I see you're making shit up again. What about we go and round up all people in sanctuary cities that are ACTUALLY hear illegally. Lock them up, separate them from their kids, and prosecute them. How's that? That should be OK with you since your whole argument is based on some silly ass "asylum seekers" red herring. What about the millions upon millions that are currently breaking the law?

You people are crazy. We're being invaded from the south and all you can do is push your political agenda against Trump. If someone isn't here legally, they don't belong here. It's that simple...

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 01:21:46 pm »

In that same regard I do not look to Trump for my values. I look to him to make policy that I agree with.  I know you haven't read the Bible but God uses the worst people to accomplish his purposes without being tainted by it.
What do your principles say about "the end justifies the means" morality?

You aren't required to defend Trump; you don't have to be his cheerleader.  You could  denounce him while accepting your policy "wins" (such as they are).  But you CHOOSE to defend him and make excuses for him.  So it's on you.

Trump said to enforce the law. He didn't make a brand new policy.
First, choosing which laws to enforce IS policy.  Just ask Trump's EPA.
Second, there is no law that requires families to be separated at the border.  That is an interpretation, which Sessions said was specifically intended as a deterrent.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 02:32:05 pm »

In other countries it's not a misdemeanor:

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and you fate sealed.

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get:

1 - A job,
2 - A drivers license,
3 – Social Security Card,
4 - Welfare,
5 – Food Stamps,
6 – Credit Cards,
7 – Subsidized rent or a loan to by a house,
8 – Free Education,
9 – Free Health Care,
10 – A Lobbyist in Washington
11 – Billions of Dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
12 – And the right to carry your country's flag while you protest that you don't get enough respect.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 02:53:28 pm »

We're being invaded from the south...

And the Academy Award for Best Dramatic Performance goes to...pondwater

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »

And the Academy Award for Best Dramatic Performance goes to...pondwater

Get lost clown!!!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 03:55:08 pm »

In other countries it's not a misdemeanor:

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and you fate sealed.

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get:

1 - A job,
2 - A drivers license,
3 – Social Security Card,
4 - Welfare,
5 – Food Stamps,
6 – Credit Cards,
7 – Subsidized rent or a loan to by a house,
8 – Free Education,
9 – Free Health Care,
10 – A Lobbyist in Washington
11 – Billions of Dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
12 – And the right to carry your country's flag while you protest that you don't get enough respect.

Assuming you are correct about the countries (doubtful being you are wrong about US) all but one is a brutal dictatorship.  Trump has made it clear he wants to transform the USA into a country where he is treated like Kim of NK, however, I am not looking to model any aspect of USA's approach to human rights after any of the countries you listed.  Apparently Trump and Sessions feel NK is a model for human rights and immigration policy. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray