Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:37:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Anthony Kennedy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Anthony Kennedy  (Read 5364 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:19:42 am »

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p3EbosUBKlo/WzQ45NasOWI/AAAAAAAAGxQ/AZoZgRym894hnLLHEl7JNUV_jQK4NCQ8ACL0BGAYYCw/h857/2018-06-27.png
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 11:53:55 am »

They ain't wrong.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 12:09:21 pm »

His retirement isn't the end. I can't imagine a world with a second Trump term. This sets the stage for major changes to abortion, gay rights, etc. Who really thinks RBG has much left in the tank? Democrats really screwed up the last election and have now found themselves in a position where they didn't understand the long game and are about to lose it for decades possibly.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 12:48:12 pm »

I don't think it's fair to blame Democrats for this.  They had a supreme court nominee under Obama and Mitch McConnel just refused to do it.  That was wrong and an abuse of power.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:19:34 pm »

His retirement isn't the end. I can't imagine a world with a second Trump term.

Come on, you know that he's planning on issuing (or trying to issue) some executive order or something to give himself the proper 3rd world dictator "no term limits."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 01:21:27 pm »

That was wrong and an abuse of power.

So was Roe.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 01:23:22 pm »

Democrats ran the worst imaginable candidate at a time when they should have understood at minimum one SC seat, that could actually be three, was up for grabs during the administration. People need to quit crying about not having Obama's pick considered, I think it sucks too. That has no bearing on the fact that Democrats ran unelectable candidates. If they won the election they could have gotten their pick and possibly two more. As it stands, their causes will be set back decades. The Democrat leadership is definitely to blame and continuing to look back at the last pick is the perfect example of not understanding the long game. That lack of focus likely cost them three SC picks and it could have been avoided. They couldn't connect with people enough to find a candidate to beat Trump, which should have been easy.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 01:33:54 pm »

So was Roe.

Please expand.

Also, as a tidbit for anyone who didn't know, five of the seven in majority that decided Roe were appointed by Republican Presidents. They put law above politics. I doubt you will be seeing that going forward.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 01:44:38 pm »

Please expand.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/57de/57a09824f1bdca05e47c898a46e717618d23.pdf

Also, as a tidbit for anyone who didn't know, five of the seven in majority that decided Roe were appointed by Republican Presidents. They put law above politics. I doubt you will be seeing that going forward.

Bullshit. Write a hagiography of them if you want, but they knew what every man knows: if you get a woman pregnant and convince her to murder it prior to birth, no child support, no embarrassment, no lawsuits over paternity and custody, and no years of work raising and maintaining that child.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:47:58 pm by SCFinfan » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:00:16 pm »

Laughing at that SC. You seem to think no woman chooses abortion on her own. Misogynistic much?
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 02:09:13 pm »

Laughing at that SC. You seem to think no woman chooses abortion on her own. Misogynistic much?

No, I'm responding to your ignorant and fact-free statement that the justices that voted in favor of Roe in Roe v. Wade put "law above politics".

Unless you're even stupider than I suppose you to be, you knew that's what I was doing.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 02:14:38 pm »

Probably one of the best Justices in my lifetime, always seemed to be as fair as possible.  Hopefully, Trump will nominate a like minded Justice.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 02:40:04 pm »

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Trump could have gotten caught screwing Putin before the elections and I'd have voted for him after he put out his list of SC nominees. Just like in Florida ... the person sitting at the top will decide the future of the court system. Like Phish said .... RBG hasn't got much time left either and that would be a slam dunk for some time. Trump wins again and it really will be a conservative SC.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 07:04:59 pm »

No, I'm responding to your ignorant and fact-free statement that the justices that voted in favor of Roe in Roe v. Wade put "law above politics".

Unless you're even stupider than I suppose you to be, you knew that's what I was doing.

Now you are going into name calling. You can think of me what you will. I won't call you stupid because I know better but you better believe that I feel you are one of the most ignorant  members of our board. I hope you enjoy that work of fiction that you have guiding your life.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:08:07 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 02:59:37 am »

Democrats ran the worst imaginable candidate at a time when they should have understood at minimum one SC seat, that could actually be three, was up for grabs during the administration.
Hillary was the most popular politician in the country in January 2013, and in 2008 gathered more primary votes than any candidate in history that didn't win the primary.  These are normally signs of an extremely strong candidate.

If you're saying that we should have known the press would treat e-mail account management as a critical campaign issue when a) they didn't before 2015 and b) they don't now when even worse stuff is going on, you are engaging in pure hindsight quarterbacking.  There was no "better candidate" for the Democrats in 2016.  And to say that Democrats "ran" Hillary, in some sort of passive party-bosses-decide sense, is also misleading; Hillary was the Democratic nominee because more people (a LOT more) voted for her than anyone else in the primary.  Who do you think would have gotten more votes than Hillary in the primary... Joe Biden?  John Edwards?  Howard Dean?

The fault does not lie with Democrats or Hillary Clinton.  The fault lies with Mitch McConnell for refusing to hold hearings on Merrick Garland; with James Comey for violating the most serious policies and laws when it comes to law enforcement interfering with an election; with Paul Ryan (and Mitch McConnell) for refusing to come forward about the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in our elections; and with Donald Trump for (allowing his campaign to participate in?) colluding with a foreign power to affect an election.

When a criminal gang robs a bank, you should spend less time blaming the bank teller, the manager, or the security guard, and more time blaming the robbers.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:07:29 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray