Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:10:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Make 3 bold predictions on the 2018 Miami Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Make 3 bold predictions on the 2018 Miami Dolphins  (Read 4223 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:52:57 am »

I'm pumped for this coming season, but the offseason can be boring...

3 Bold predictions:

1.  Tannehill and Drake make the Pro Bowl
2.  Fitzpatrick wins defensive rookie of the year
3.  Miami makes the playoffs and wins in the first round
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:40:00 am »

OK, let's go a different angle...

1) A starting offensive player gets suspended for PEDs within the first three weeks of the season.
2) Cameron Wake ends Tom Brady's career on a brutal sack.
3) I will not sleep with a single Miami Dolphins cheerleader this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:16:17 pm »

1) Kalen Ballage will be the starting RB by the end of the year.
2) Miami will jump into the top half of the league in sacks.
3) Miami will finish 2nd in the AFCE as both the Jets and Bills will lose more games then in 2017.

Some explanation may be required.

On my first bold prediction it's not so much that I think that Ballage will be outperforming Drake as it is I think Ballage makes a better starter and Drake makes a better change up back and I think Ballage will have proven himself enough to start games and Drake will come off the bench a LOT in the right situations.

My 2nd bold prediction is based mostly on guesswork. I think 2 factors will help. I think the addition of Robert Quinn will help, but I also think the secondary is going to be better than it was last year and may contribute some coverage sacks as well.

My final bold prediction is more about the Jets and Bills and less on the Dolphins. I just feel that both of those teams over performed last year and both teams will go through some QB transition growing pains and will drop in the standings which will allow Miami to overtake them. Miami might be no better than 7-9 and yet still might be 2nd in the AFCE.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:06:32 pm »

1) Kalen Ballage will be the starting RB by the end of the year.
2) Miami will jump into the top half of the league in sacks.
3) Miami will finish 2nd in the AFCE as both the Jets and Bills will lose more games then in 2017.

Some explanation may be required.

On my first bold prediction it's not so much that I think that Ballage will be outperforming Drake as it is I think Ballage makes a better starter and Drake makes a better change up back and I think Ballage will have proven himself enough to start games and Drake will come off the bench a LOT in the right situations.

My 2nd bold prediction is based mostly on guesswork. I think 2 factors will help. I think the addition of Robert Quinn will help, but I also think the secondary is going to be better than it was last year and may contribute some coverage sacks as well.

My final bold prediction is more about the Jets and Bills and less on the Dolphins. I just feel that both of those teams over performed last year and both teams will go through some QB transition growing pains and will drop in the standings which will allow Miami to overtake them. Miami might be no better than 7-9 and yet still might be 2nd in the AFCE.

You're number 1 contradicts my number 1.  I think Drake will be pro bowl material next year due to him being the league's leading rusher the final five games of the year, which wouldn't leave much room for Ballage competing with Gore as well.  Having said that, the Dolphins really like Ballage so far, so who knows.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 02:20:50 pm »

You're number 1 contradicts my number 1.  I think Drake will be pro bowl material next year due to him being the league's leading rusher the final five games of the year, which wouldn't leave much room for Ballage competing with Gore as well.  Having said that, the Dolphins really like Ballage so far, so who knows.
Good point about Ballage, although I'm not looking for Gore to provide too much. I think Gore is mostly there in case either Ballage or Drake get hurt. I could be wrong about him as well though.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 03:39:35 pm »

1.  Opposing Tight Ends will own the Dolphins defense all year again.  (not really going out on the limb with that "bold" prediction.

Numbers 2 and 3 aren't directly related to the team.

2.  At least one person will give me a "Go Dolphins" here in Dallas each time  I am out in public wearing Fins gear during the the season

3.  Armando Salguero will write at least one thing each week during the season that is so nonsensical that it  makes me wonder if he ever played a single down of even little league football.  He is only slightly more knowledgeable about football that D4E. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:35:36 pm »

1.  Opposing Tight Ends will own the Dolphins defense all year again.  (not really going out on the limb with that "bold" prediction.

Numbers 2 and 3 aren't directly related to the team.

2.  At least one person will give me a "Go Dolphins" here in Dallas each time  I am out in public wearing Fins gear during the the season

3.  Armando Salguero will write at least one thing each week during the season that is so nonsensical that it  makes me wonder if he ever played a single down of even little league football.  He is only slightly more knowledgeable about football that D4E. 

I don't see us having a problem with TE's this year.  We'll likely play 3 safeties a lot (Jones, Fitzpatrick, McDonald), plus the LB we drafted is fast, he's known as a coverage guy, however, he is a rookie.  If we play a typical 4-3 most of the time, you might be right.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 04:54:21 pm »

I don't see us having a problem with TE's this year.  We'll likely play 3 safeties a lot (Jones, Fitzpatrick, McDonald), plus the LB we drafted is fast, he's known as a coverage guy, however, he is a rookie.  If we play a typical 4-3 most of the time, you might be right.
If we do, some defensive coordinator needs to be fired.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »

1). TE Mike Gesicki will lead the team in receiving TD's this year
2). Devante Parker will only start 8 or less games this year.
3). David Fales will play in 4 games during the regular season.

(kinda have a gut feeling) I started to put Number 3 ..A Coach/coordinator resigns,or a gets fired before the end of the regular season.Not being Adam Gase.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 06:55:43 pm »

1). TE Mike Gesicki will lead the team in receiving TD's this year
2). Devante Parker will only start 8 or less games this year.
3). David Fales will play in 4 games during the regular season.

(kinda have a gut feeling) I started to put Number 3 ..A Coach/coordinator resigns,or a gets fired before the end of the regular season.Not being Adam Gase.

I agree with number one.  He'll be a beast
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 07:53:50 am »

I agree with you that on paper, they should be able to handle TEs better this year and I do applaud them for at least trying to take the steps to address the issue with their personnel moves.  I guess I'm just so beat down by them not being able to even slow down TEs that I almost expect it until they prove otherwise.  I hope you are right though! 
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 08:30:36 am »

1.  Our defensive line goes to hell.  I don't like where we are at tackle even if I agreed with getting rid of Suh.  Wake looked like he had lost a step last year and that pretty much leaves Quinn a bunch of backups and tweeners. 

2.  Tannehill continues to be one of the most hit quarterbacks in football but throws for 5000 yards.

3.  The defense is somewhat better but still inconsistent and we end up 9-7

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:02:30 pm »

Bigdaddy kinda gave the reasons for a couple of mine.  Cheesy I think our defense is going to have enough shakey games,units under perform,that it will cost a coach/coordinator his job.

I think a combo of shaky defensive games/blowouts/our O-line health* or bad play*/Tannehill health...D.Fales will play 4 games.

*J.James staying healthy for a full 16 games+ playing up to the high level he did last year before he got hurt. *Jesse Davis at RG continuing to play like he filled in most of the year IMO both of these things are personally worrisome to the success of our offense.I think we are going to throw a lot faster (pace+short passes),and run the hell out of the ball,but we still have to have that right side of the line hold up.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 02:29:13 pm »

I like Tenshot's predictions!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 04:15:23 pm »

I like Tenshot's predictions!
Haha thanks.  I know I am being a homer, but I have reasons why I think those things can happen.

1.  Tannehill was one of the better QBs in the league when he was hurt.  Look at the stats.  He knows this offense like the back of his hand now, something he hasn't had the luxury of before now.  Plus, he has probably the best o line he's ever played behind.  Drake led all RBs last year over the last 5 games.

2.  Fitzpatrick had more INTs than any other DB during camp as a rookie.  That's impressive, even if it's early.  He's been a proven ball hawk, I think he can continue it in the pros.

3.  (I'm just going to copy paste something I put on Reddit earlier today)...Solid group of WR, almost all of them are fast enough to take it to the house on big plays. Gesicki will be a beast in the red zone.

Defensive line is solid but not great. Harris needs to step up and either of the 2nd year DTs need to step up. Quinn has to be a presence. Don't forget about Wake, he's getting old but still plays at a high level.

LB is a question mark. I hear a lot that Kiko was out of position covering for teammates last year. A lot of pressure on McMillan to be the leader of that group.

Where we'll shine is secondary. Howard is on his way to being a shutdown corner and one of the best in the league. Tank or Lippett will shore up the other corner spot. Jones is a perennial pro bowler. Fitzpatrick is a ball Hawking beast, he had the most INTs during camp. He'll be in talks for defensive rookie of the year. Tj McDonald is no slouch either, I expect to see a lot of 3 safety sets.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray