Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:13:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Make 3 bold predictions on the 2018 Miami Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Make 3 bold predictions on the 2018 Miami Dolphins  (Read 4345 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 10:54:29 am »

1) Tannehill will be a middle of the road QB in 2018 and the debate on him will continue
2) Xavien Howard becomes one of the best CB's in the NFL in 2018
3) Miami goes 8-8
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »

1. Tannehill finishes the season as a mid tier quarterback, in the 4000 yard, 20/12 TD/INT range, finally sealing the fact that he was never worth a #8 overall pick.
2. Gase is fired, although not as quickly as Vegas odds predict (only Cleveland has odds of firing their head coach faster than Miami).
3. The absurdity of suspending players 4 games for protesting the anthem backfires in such a colossal way, it becomes bigger and more embarrassing than Bullygate.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2018, 08:59:18 pm »

1. Tannehill finishes the season as a mid tier quarterback, in the 4000 yard, 20/12 TD/INT range, finally sealing the fact that he was never worth a #8 overall pick.
2. Gase is fired, although not as quickly as Vegas odds predict (only Cleveland has odds of firing their head coach faster than Miami).
3. The absurdity of suspending players 4 games for protesting the anthem backfires in such a colossal way, it becomes bigger and more embarrassing than Bullygate.
You're in the wrong thread.  The thread for trolling is in the off topic section.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:12 pm »

1) Kalen Ballage will be the starting RB by the end of the year.
2) Miami will jump into the top half of the league in sacks.
3) Miami will finish 2nd in the AFCE as both the Jets and Bills will lose more games then in 2017.

Some explanation may be required.

On my first bold prediction it's not so much that I think that Ballage will be outperforming Drake as it is I think Ballage makes a better starter and Drake makes a better change up back and I think Ballage will have proven himself enough to start games and Drake will come off the bench a LOT in the right situations.

My 2nd bold prediction is based mostly on guesswork. I think 2 factors will help. I think the addition of Robert Quinn will help, but I also think the secondary is going to be better than it was last year and may contribute some coverage sacks as well.

My final bold prediction is more about the Jets and Bills and less on the Dolphins. I just feel that both of those teams over performed last year and both teams will go through some QB transition growing pains and will drop in the standings which will allow Miami to overtake them. Miami might be no better than 7-9 and yet still might be 2nd in the AFCE.
2 out of 3 ain't bad. Quinn has been a HUGE disappointment but so has the defensive line and linebackers as a whole. Heck the whole defense has been bad, much worse then I anticipated. Technically Ballage is not the starter yet, but I'm assuming that he will be for the final 2 games. I will say that Gore fared much better then I thought and I thought the contest would be between Ballage and Drake not really Gore and Ballage, but hey bold predictions are bold predictions.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 01:13:58 pm »

1) Tannehill will be a middle of the road QB in 2018 and the debate on him will continue
2) Xavien Howard becomes one of the best CB's in the NFL in 2018
3) Miami goes 8-8

Holy shit. Baba Booey is almost spot on.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 02:10:20 pm »

OK, let's go a different angle...

1) A starting offensive player gets suspended for PEDs within the first three weeks of the season.
2) Cameron Wake ends Tom Brady's career on a brutal sack.
3) I will not sleep with a single Miami Dolphins cheerleader this season.

Sadly, I am only 1 for 3 here...and it's the one I hoped I was wrong about.   Cry

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2018, 04:47:12 pm »

I'm pumped for this coming season, but the offseason can be boring...

3 Bold predictions:

1.  Tannehill and Drake make the Pro Bowl
2.  Fitzpatrick wins defensive rookie of the year
3.  Miami makes the playoffs and wins in the first round

1.  WRONG!
2.  Making a late push, but probably WRONG!
3.  5% chance of making the playoffs...so you're saying there's a chance!...but probably WRONG!

The only thing I predicted right was later in this thread...

Where we'll shine is secondary. Howard is on his way to being a shutdown corner and one of the best in the league...Jones is a perennial pro bowler. Fitzpatrick is a ball Hawking beast, he had the most INTs during camp. He'll be in talks for defensive rookie of the year.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 09:48:24 am »

1). TE Mike Gesicki will lead the team in receiving TD's this year

I love these threads...wish I'd contributed.

But this is my favorite prediction.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 09:52:28 am »

^I would have agreed at the time, I really hope he pans out.  Another physically gifted athlete that can't put it together just yet.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:49 pm »

I am pretty sure I predicted in another thread at the beginning of the season, that Miami would come in second in the AFCE behind NEP.  I am feeling pretty good about that prediction. 

I also predicted that Miami would be playing meaningful football in December.   And that came true.

And finally that Mia would get a wildcard spot.  That one I am not too confident about. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray