Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:19:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Team stacking in the NBA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Team stacking in the NBA  (Read 6681 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 05:23:58 pm »

The unknown selfish reason is probably the fact that Cleveland hasn't done shit to build anything around LeBron in Cleveland, and LeBron wants to at least challenge for another title before he hangs em up.

That's not true at all, they practically overhauled the team twice last year for him.  He's been to the finals for what, six consecutive years?  As recent news is surfacing he is putting forth entertainment projects in LA.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 08:49:09 am »

That's not true at all, they practically overhauled the team twice last year for him.  He's been to the finals for what, six consecutive years?  As recent news is surfacing he is putting forth entertainment projects in LA.

I have no doubt that LeBron is looking at entertainment projects in LA. Hell, he's been playing in that sandbox for at least five years now.

That said, if you take a look at the supporting cast of last year's Cavs though, you can't really tell me that he had even an average team around him. Take LeBron off of last year's Cavs squad, and Cleveland would've been contending with my beloved Phoenix Suns for the #1 overall pick.

Add in the fact that he reeeeeally hates Dan Gilbert, and I think that LA was definitely the smartest play for LeBron.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 06:05:15 pm »

That's not true at all, they practically overhauled the team twice last year for him.
To be clear, the first overhaul was not "for him." It was for Kyrie, who was less interested in winning than he was in being independent.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray