Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2018, 09:51:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What do you consider a Sport?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What do you consider a Sport?  (Read 442 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:50 am »

I'm in the until we are full on Holodeck VR,video games aren't sports to me...Competitive Entertainment/leisure activity...

I see most Olympic things competitions,but sometimes struggle to call them sports....Athlete...Sure.

I'm not going to attack someone for saying it's a sport or not...

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2018, 01:45:35 pm »

^ Fair enough. 

I can't really tell you what you consider sports and not.  But I require simultaneous play and defense.  Weight-lifting has neither, so it doesn't apply for me.

How about pool or bowling?  Or chess or checkers?  Because there are a lot of high school and/or colleges that have teams who play those
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:13:01 am by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 06:33:05 pm »

Dave I have to agree to disagree with you on weightlifting because it's a tangible outcome.  I know when the guy before me goes how much I have to Bench/Squat/Deadlift to win.  Bodybuilding on the other hand is an athletic competition.  It's subjective and decided by judges.

Powerlifting is also decided by judges. There are rules for squat depth, bench lockout and pause on chest. Also, just because you know what a guy totals, doesn't mean you CAN lift enough to beat him. Having competed in both, I would say powerlifting/Olympic lifting is definitely "more" of a sport than bodybuilding.

That said, I can understand how people would say neither is a sport.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray