Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:59:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLB All-Star game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MLB All-Star game  (Read 2334 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:42:46 am »

10 home runs! That was a crazy game. It's like they were only throwing fastballs down the middle or something!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:28 pm »

Yeah, it looked like a White Sox game!  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:00:47 pm »

My favorite part was when they had Francisco Lindor mic'ed up out in the field while he was playing...you just don't often see a player interrupt an interview that he's doing to make a play in the game.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 03:23:16 pm »

I think it's time they just do away with all the All-Star games for all professional sports.  There's really very little actual competition going on in these games.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 10:46:38 pm »

It's not the end of the world if players participate in a game just for fun.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 08:08:02 am »

The problem is when players who are picked choose not to participate.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 08:41:17 am »

The problem is when players who are picked choose not to participate.

I could appreciate that, especially if a specific player that you like  declines the invitation. That said, there are a LOT of excellent players in MLB, and I like watching baseball, so I am pretty much always going to tune in.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 09:44:40 am »

I was just telling my wife last night that when I was a kid, I LIVED for the MLB All Star Game.  It was one of the highlights of the baseball season for me.  Now between career responsibilities, family responsibilities, etc etc, things like the All Star Game have fallen so far off my radar that I didn't even realize the All Star Game was going on until I heard about it on the radio the day after.   Sometimes i really miss the old days sports were a major event in my life.  I still geek on football, but most other sports have kind of fallen to the wayside.  Not to show how ancient I am, but I remember being around 6 years old and sitting around watching the All Star game with a bunch of family and friends when Pete Rose absolutely BLEW UP Ray Fosse on a play at home plate.  About 20 people in the house all yelled "oooohhhhhh" at the same time.  Ya can't go back in time, but life was pretty sweet back when the most important thing in my day was making sure that I was in front of a tv or listening to a radio when a ballgame was on.  Sorry, I kind of digressed there.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 10:05:23 am »

I agree but it was a different kind of fun when the best tried to beat the best.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray