Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:27:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Proper Anthem Conduct
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Proper Anthem Conduct  (Read 32180 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2018, 01:03:51 pm »

The vast majority of Americans even the vast majority of Afican Americans did not participate in civil rights marches.  The vast majority of people who opposed the Vietnam war, never protested.  The overwhelming majority of Americans who support gun control choose not to attend March for our lives. Your logic is horriblely faulty. 

But this is all part of the racist right wings diversion tactics.  The protest is about police shooting unarmed blacks without consequences, not the flag. And it is fucking obvious to anyone with the least bit of intelligence that The black lives matter movement isn’t claiming other races don’t matter, but that black lives matter as well.  But rather than actually address the issue of police murdering blacks with impunity, you go after the name.

Let’s address the real issue.  Why aren’t police held accountable for shootings unarmed civilians they are suppose to be protecting?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2018, 02:28:41 pm »

The vast majority of Americans even the vast majority of Afican Americans did not participate in civil rights marches.  The vast majority of people who opposed the Vietnam war, never protested.  The overwhelming majority of Americans who support gun control choose not to attend March for our lives. Your logic is horriblely faulty. 

But this is all part of the racist right wings diversion tactics.  The protest is about police shooting unarmed blacks without consequences, not the flag. And it is fucking obvious to anyone with the least bit of intelligence that The black lives matter movement isn’t claiming other races don’t matter, but that black lives matter as well.  But rather than actually address the issue of police murdering blacks with impunity, you go after the name.

Let’s address the real issue.  Why aren’t police held accountable for shootings unarmed civilians they are suppose to be protecting?

1.  Are you saying the right wing is racist, or that there is a racist subsection of the right that is controlling the narrative?

2.  Kenny Stills said he was kneeling because Kaep doesn't have a job.  While I understand he is really kneeling because of police shootings, he is convoluting the message further. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2018, 02:57:52 pm »

Nobody is really answering me: Would you be happy with just not having the national anthem played at games anymore, to avoid any disrespect?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2018, 03:04:12 pm »

1.  Are you saying the right wing is racist, or that there is a racist subsection of the right that is controlling the narrative?

Mostly the latter.

However, at one time the Republican Party had a racist fringe, now sadly the racist however have taken over the party with traditional conservatism (Bush, McCain, Romney) now being the fringe. That subsection is not the tiny sliver it was a decade ago.  And it didn’t begin with Trump. It started with the attempt to link Obama to Rev. Wright which both McCain and Romney rejected.  But the tea party and Trump embraced.  

Today’s Republican Party is a reaction to the success of Obama.  In much the same way Wallace was a reaction to the civil rights act.  

I will make this blanket statement:  If you are support the narrative that the protest are about disrespecting the military or black lives matter is racist against non-blacks, than you are a racist.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »

the success of Obama.
That's rich, LMFAO....

I will make this blanket statement:  If you are support the narrative that the protest are about disrespecting the military or black lives matter is racist against non-blacks, than you are a racist.
I'm not in support of any narrative, I don't want to see that bullshit during my entertainment. Funny how these clowns only protest when they are on TV. What else are they doing aside from this Anthem silly shit? Or are they just part time protesters when they are on TV. If they want to sell their message, why don't they put their money where their mouth is and just buy advertising spots? I'd be all in favor of that.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 04:55:41 pm »

My big fear is that the Dolphins are going to suck and be totally irrelevant by about Week 4 and we will be beating this topic to death all year instead of talking about football.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »

There were thousands of people at that shipyard only one choose to protest.  And confuse the idea that everyone who doesn’t protest opposes the protest.  Many are standing because they don’t want their carear cut short like Kap and Reid.  Just like many at that shipyard saluted out of fear rather than respect. 
You say that but even the picture is in dispute as to who it is with their arms crossed as well as there are many who weren't saluting.

A figure identified by Irene Eckler as August Landmesser is featured in a photograph taken on 13 June 1936, published on 22 March 1991 in Die Zeit. It shows a large gathering of workers at the Blohm+Voss shipyard in Hamburg, for the launching of the navy training ship Horst Wessel. Almost everyone in the image has raised his arm in the Nazi salute, with the most obvious exception of a man toward the back of the crowd, who grimly stands with his arms crossed over his chest. Several others have also refrained from saluting, but are not so obviously defiant.

Whether the depicted man is Landmesser is not known with certainty. Another family claims the person in the photo is another metalworker at Blohm & Voss, a man called Gustav Wegert.[8]

The content and photos posted by relatives of Wegert[9] and more recent photographic enhancements make it more likely that the person in the photo refusing to perform the Nazi salute was Gustav Wegert.

It's a nice story but the point is irrelevant anyway.

But this is all part of the racist right wings diversion tactics.  The protest is about police shooting unarmed blacks without consequences, not the flag. And it is fucking obvious to anyone with the least bit of intelligence that The black lives matter movement isn’t claiming other races don’t matter, but that black lives matter as well.  But rather than actually address the issue of police murdering blacks with impunity, you go after the name

Name calling and labeling. All part of the left wing divide and conquer tactics. Hahaha ...  #walkaway is real
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:21:55 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2018, 09:02:14 pm »

Long story short ... if almost all of your coworkers ... including your own race ... disagree with protesting during the anthem then you are probably on the wrong side of history.
So wait: anyone who did not participate in the protest automatically counts as "disagreeing with it"?

Why shouldn't we take precisely the opposite position and say that any player who hasn't specifically come out against kneeling supports other players' right to protest?  I mean, that is the position of the NFLPA, who is the legal representation of the players at large.  So in fact, I'd say you have it exactly wrong: the overwhelming majority of players support protests, even if they choose not to participate in them.

Think of it like abortion, or same-sex marriage: just because you don't want to do it yourself, that doesn't mean you're against it.  Oh, wait... I guess those examples may not make sense to you.  Maybe think of it like owning a gun?

13 people protested in some way versus over 200 on one weekend last year.
It's strange that you seem to now be conferring some sort of retroactive legitimacy on the largest NFL protest last year, because at the time you had nothing but criticism for those "over 200" players.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:48:27 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:27 am »

To kind of expand on what a couple of the others said, I think that for the most part, people in our selfish society typically only care about things that effect them personally.  I'm guilty of that sometimes myself.  There are a small percentage of people who do more than to just give lip service to causes and injustices that matter to others.  But a large number of people just don't care enough to do much unless something spills into their own yard.  There is a big difference between saying "I support such and such cause (but I'm not going to actually do anything about it)" versus actually taking active steps to try to correct an injustice.   Saying "I support your cause" and not doing anything is the first cousin of "I will keep you in my prayers" which of course translates to, "Sorry your life sucks right now and I'm not going to do anything about it but I want you to think I'm a nice guy so I will say a prayer for you if I remember to."
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:59 am »

Nobody is really answering me: Would you be happy with just not having the national anthem played at games anymore, to avoid any disrespect?

I would be ecstatic if the national anthem were no longer played before sporting events...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 11:03:10 am »

I would be ecstatic if the national anthem were no longer played before sporting events...

I would not be happy. The anthem is played before almost all sports from High School on up. It's a moment to reflect on our freedom to do the things we are about to do. We've already lost so much respect for anything patriotic like the pledge and other portions of our history that it would severely upset me if they cancelled it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2018, 11:05:28 am »

So wait: anyone who did not participate in the protest automatically counts as "disagreeing with it"?

Why shouldn't we take precisely the opposite position and say that any player who hasn't specifically come out against kneeling supports other players' right to protest?  I mean, that is the position of the NFLPA, who is the legal representation of the players at large.  So in fact, I'd say you have it exactly wrong: the overwhelming majority of players support protests, even if they choose not to participate in them.

Think of it like abortion, or same-sex marriage: just because you don't want to do it yourself, that doesn't mean you're against it.  Oh, wait... I guess those examples may not make sense to you.  Maybe think of it like owning a gun?
It's strange that you seem to now be conferring some sort of retroactive legitimacy on the largest NFL protest last year, because at the time you had nothing but criticism for those "over 200" players.
Shaking my head. I honestly didn't get anything from your post other than you have no point but want to keep arguing and I promise I'm not being condescending when I say that. That's honestly how I read your post.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

you have no point but want to keep arguing
Hahaha, no telling how many times I've seem people tell him that. It's not a coincidence.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2018, 04:43:17 pm »

We've already lost so much respect for anything patriotic like the pledge and other portions of our history...

You don't have to pussyfoot around and use terms like "other portions of our history." You can actually say "slavery" on this site without getting booted.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:50 pm »

You don't have to pussyfoot around and use terms like "other portions of our history." You can actually say "slavery" on this site without getting booted.

Who said anything about slavery ?What does slavery have to do with Anthem conduct? Do you consider slavery patriotic and deserving of respect?

Or are you trying to twist someone's words?

You people are nutty...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray