Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:09:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Proper Anthem Conduct
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Proper Anthem Conduct  (Read 32226 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2018, 12:09:19 pm »

^But it's way easier to be outraged by everything!  Get out of here with your "common sense."
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2018, 01:37:42 pm »

Regarding the "Anthem Conduct", although I'm against this type of protest, I do respect Stills for actually getting out in the community, doing ride alongs with the police, and actually trying to make a difference other than just kneeling.

Whereas, I don't hear anything about Kaep doing such things in the past two years, maybe I've missed it.  Furthremore, I just don't respect Kaep do to his "pig socks" and pro-Castro tee-shirt, etc.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »

Regarding the "Anthem Conduct", although I'm against this type of protest, I do respect Stills for actually getting out in the community, doing ride alongs with the police, and actually trying to make a difference other than just kneeling.

Whereas, I don't hear anything about Kaep doing such things in the past two years, maybe I've missed it.  Furthremore, I just don't respect Kaep do to his "pig socks" and pro-Castro tee-shirt, etc.
It's easier to call people racist if they don't agree with kneeling than it is to call a real racist a racist, because Cuban Americans don't matter to the media apparently. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2018, 01:55:53 pm »

^^^ That isn't racist. Insensitive certainly.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2018, 02:01:33 pm »

It's easier to call people racist if they don't agree with kneeling than it is to call a real racist a racist, because Cuban Americans don't matter to the media apparently. 

Your comment brings up another pet peeve of mine, people are too quick to label someone a racist.  It's over used and unfairly labels SOME individuals, who are actually just everyday jerks.  Also, the whole #MeToo movement is unfairly labeling SOME individuals as sexual harrassers, when that's not the case at all.  Example - the other day a famous actress said she was "harassed" because a guy asked for her phone number (once in passing).  C'mon now.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2018, 02:17:23 pm »

^^^ That isn't racist. Insensitive certainly.
How is it not racist?  If I wore a Hitler shirt at a bar mitzvah, would that be racist?  He's responsible for 90,827 to 102,722 innocent Cuban deaths and Kaep chose to wear the shirt the week they played Miami, the largest Cuban refugee city in the world.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:20:10 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2018, 02:19:33 pm »

Your comment brings up another pet peeve of mine, people are too quick to label someone a racist.  It's over used and unfairly labels SOME individuals, who are actually just everyday jerks.  Also, the whole #MeToo movement is unfairly labeling SOME individuals as sexual harrassers, when that's not the case at all.  Example - the other day a famous actress said she was "harassed" because a guy asked for her phone number (once in passing).  C'mon now.
This is also a pet peeve of mine, and somewhere between me using it satirically in the past to today, I got caught up in the labeling.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2018, 04:03:10 pm »

How is it not racist?  If I wore a Hitler shirt at a bar mitzvah, would that be racist?  He's responsible for 90,827 to 102,722 innocent Cuban deaths and Kaep chose to wear the shirt the week they played Miami, the largest Cuban refugee city in the world.

Ok, Hitler killed the Jewish because of race. Castro killed people because of political insecurity. A  Che or Castro shirt isn't racist because their actions that made them objectionable are not race based.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2018, 12:24:51 am »

I split the Dallas police killing posts into another thread because it's about to enter orbit.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2018, 03:19:59 am »

And here we have another example of why the protests continue:

Police detain black teen riding with his white grandmother after reports of robbery attempt

The family of a black teenager in Wisconsin is considering legal action after police pulled him over and handcuffed him because of an apparent "false robbery" call. Akil Carter was riding in a car with his white grandmother. Police say they pulled the car over after getting a tip that two black males were robbing a white woman nearby.

A police spokesperson says the officers responded appropriately and released the teen as soon as they realized there was a "misunderstanding." Still, the family wonders how this potentially dangerous situation could have happened in the first place, reports CBS News' Michelle Miller.

Wauwatosa Police Department cameras captured police ordering 18-year-old Carter out of his grandmother's car, handcuffing him, and ordering him into the back of a squad car.

Carter's grandmother, Paulette Barr, had just left church and was driving him to work when police stopped them. Officers say they initially started following them after an African American man and woman identified the vehicle. They said it was carrying a white woman who was being robbed by two black men. But police say they never got a formal statement from those witnesses because they left the area. The family's attorney is skeptical.

Don't worry, I'm sure the police will be producing the dashcam footage of these "tipsters" soon.  Very, very soon.

Police body cams.  Literally all the time.  I'm tired of this garbage.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2018, 09:01:08 am »

Ok, Hitler killed the Jewish because of race. Castro killed people because of political insecurity. A  Che or Castro shirt isn't racist because their actions that made them objectionable are not race based.

I think this is splitting hairs...if it's not racist, it's just as bad.

This Armando article does a good job of explaining why Kaep is a douche.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2018, 10:37:06 am »

And here we have another example of why the protests continue:

Police detain black teen riding with his white grandmother after reports of robbery attempt

The family of a black teenager in Wisconsin is considering legal action after police pulled him over and handcuffed him because of an apparent "false robbery" call. Akil Carter was riding in a car with his white grandmother. Police say they pulled the car over after getting a tip that two black males were robbing a white woman nearby.

A police spokesperson says the officers responded appropriately and released the teen as soon as they realized there was a "misunderstanding." Still, the family wonders how this potentially dangerous situation could have happened in the first place, reports CBS News' Michelle Miller.

Wauwatosa Police Department cameras captured police ordering 18-year-old Carter out of his grandmother's car, handcuffing him, and ordering him into the back of a squad car.

Carter's grandmother, Paulette Barr, had just left church and was driving him to work when police stopped them. Officers say they initially started following them after an African American man and woman identified the vehicle. They said it was carrying a white woman who was being robbed by two black men. But police say they never got a formal statement from those witnesses because they left the area. The family's attorney is skeptical.

Don't worry, I'm sure the police will be producing the dashcam footage of these "tipsters" soon.  Very, very soon.

Police body cams.  Literally all the time.  I'm tired of this garbage.

This cracks me up and is one of the reasons many white people roll their eyes when they hear a minority person scream racism. My boss ... a 47 year old white woman ... had almost the exact same thing happen to her in Sanford. She happened to be a white woman driving the same car of a lady who had just robbed a store in town. Nothing racist about it if you match the profile. It's just bad luck. If you cooperate then things gets resolved much quicker.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:12 am »

...people are too quick to label someone a racist.  It's over used and unfairly labels SOME individuals, who are actually just everyday jerks."

A couple of thoughts on this: First...you are correct. The "racist" tag often gets used when it probably doesn't fit. Second...there really are a lot of racists out there who aren't getting tagged with that label, and are in complete denial about actually being a racist.

Example - the other day a famous actress said she was "harassed" because a guy asked for her phone number (once in passing).  C'mon now.

Like with any topic, applying a touch of common sense is all it takes. Is the person who asked for a phone number guilty of sexual harrassment? No, of course not, unless he asked it in a reeeeeally creepy-ass way. That said, all of these Hollywood producers/Slimy politicians with the "sit on my lap and let's talk about that part/job you want..." They definitely deserve every bit of persecution they get.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2018, 11:38:20 am »

This cracks me up and is one of the reasons many white people roll their eyes when they hear a minority person scream racism. My boss ... a 47 year old white woman ... had almost the exact same thing happen to her in Sanford. She happened to be a white woman driving the same car of a lady who had just robbed a store in town. Nothing racist about it if you match the profile. It's just bad luck. If you cooperate then things gets resolved much quicker.
Was your 47-year-old white female boss pulled out of the car at gunpoint?
Was she cuffed and put in the back of a cruiser?
Most importantly, was there an actual robbery?

Being treated as a suspect for a crime that actually happened is not remotely the same thing as being treated as a suspect for a crime that the police just made up.

But don't worry.  I'm sure the dashcam footage for those "tipsters" will be showing up very soon.  Any day now.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2018, 12:02:39 pm »

A couple of thoughts on this: First...you are correct. The "racist" tag often gets used when it probably doesn't fit. Second...there really are a lot of racists out there who aren't getting tagged with that label, and are in complete denial about actually being a racist.

Like with any topic, applying a touch of common sense is all it takes. Is the person who asked for a phone number guilty of sexual harrassment? No, of course not, unless he asked it in a reeeeeally creepy-ass way. That said, all of these Hollywood producers/Slimy politicians with the "sit on my lap and let's talk about that part/job you want..." They definitely deserve every bit of persecution they get.

One of these days I am hoping that you will say something that I don't agree with so we can have a spirited debate on it.  But damn, it seems like your viewpoints mirror my own on just about every topic. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray