Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:30:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Proper Anthem Conduct
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: Proper Anthem Conduct  (Read 32166 times)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2018, 10:09:04 am »

Feelings are facts for the left, hahaha.

That's mainly a right thing. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhJWusyj4I
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2018, 12:29:37 pm »

That's mainly a right thing. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhJWusyj4I
One example makes it "mainly a right thing". I'm sure that I could come up with unlimited examples for the left if I wanted to waste my time.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2018, 12:54:33 pm »

One example makes it "mainly a right thing". I'm sure that I could come up with unlimited examples for the left if I wanted to waste my time.

I doubt you could.  The left general is science/fact based.  The right is perception based.  Alternative facts is a republican thing.  While you can find individuals on the left not grounded in facts you are not going to find party leaders (eg speaker of house) saying that facts don’t matter perception does.  It is the republicans who discount facts and science.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »

I doubt you could.  The left general is science/fact based.  The right is perception based.  Alternative facts is a republican thing.  While you can find individuals on the left not grounded in facts you are not going to find party leaders (eg speaker of house) saying that facts don’t matter perception does.  It is the republicans who discount facts and science.
As has been pointed out previously. FBI stats debunk liberal myths about the epidemic of cops killing blacks and the epidemic of "assault weapons"/Ar15s. FBI stats also prove the fact that most blacks are killed by other blacks. I guess those facts don't fit the liberal agenda...

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:59 pm »

As has been pointed out previously. FBI stats debunk liberal myths about the epidemic of cops killing blacks and the epidemic of "assault weapons"/Ar15s. FBI stats also prove the fact that most blacks are killed by other blacks. I guess those facts don't fit the liberal agenda...

1. FBI statistics confirm the message of BLM which is that cops use disproportionate amount of force against unarmed blacks.  The right distorted the discussion by using FBI data that blacks are more likely to be killed by a criminal than a cop to excuse cops that act like criminals.

2. Nor has FBI data debunked the need for better gun control.  Republicans are too afraid of what the data will say that is why the Dickie amendment forbids a fact based discussion.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2018, 02:43:21 pm »

I was watching Boyz N The Hood, and the opening credits state that 1 out of every 21 young black males aged 14-34 get murdered in their lifetime.  90% of them die at the hands of another young black male. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2018, 02:52:07 pm »

1. FBI statistics confirm the message of BLM which is that cops use disproportionate amount of force against unarmed blacks.  The right distorted the discussion by using FBI data that blacks are more likely to be killed by a criminal than a cop to excuse cops that act like criminals.

2. Nor has FBI data debunked the need for better gun control.  Republicans are too afraid of what the data will say that is why the Dickie amendment forbids a fact based discussion.
Police use more force with violent criminals, it's common sense. FBI stats/facts also show that blacks make up the majority of violent criminals.

Also as Tenshot13 politely pointed out earlier:
In a country with 325.7 million people, 703 people (out of that, 278 white, 129 black) have been shot and killed by police this year, and 987 last year.
Those stats prove that a very small statistical percentage of blacks are killed by police yearly. FBI stats also show that  AR15's/assault weapons make up very small statistical percentage of all killings. If you're going to argue that either of those are anything other than very small statistical percentages, you're going to look silly like Newt...

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:47 pm »

I was watching Boyz N The Hood, and the opening credits state that 1 out of every 21 young black males aged 14-34 get murdered in their lifetime.  90% of them die at the hands of another young black male. 
If they were really serious they would first and foremost tackle the issue that takes the most black lives. They know that they can't do anything about black on black violence. Nobody can, not even the blacks themselves. Easier to tell them it's Whitey's fault and then beg for their vote. Black lives only matter as long as it generates democrat votes.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2018, 03:30:56 pm »

As Hoodie has stated, you can't find huge contingents of left leaning leaders (ie, government), that don't rely on science. For the right, though, you can see any number of leaders who would rather follow the bible, or support items backed up by nothing more than fear. This isn't subjective, it is strictly objective. The right has turned into a laughingstock when it comes to this.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2018, 03:41:31 pm »

As Hoodie has stated, you can't find huge contingents of left leaning leaders (ie, government), that don't rely on science. For the right, though, you can see any number of leaders who would rather follow the bible, or support items backed up by nothing more than fear. This isn't subjective, it is strictly objective. The right has turned into a laughingstock when it comes to this.
Yeah because all the left leaning minions screaming silly shit in the streets came up with it all on their own. Or maybe it was because all those left leaning leaders instilled fear into them with silly shit. Trump=fear, firearms=fear, cops=fear, racism=fear, drinking straws=fear, global warming=fear, capitalism=fear, soda=fear, etc. Almost all silly shit that can't and won't be changed. Fear for votes, LMAO...

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2018, 10:04:23 pm »

I was going to object to the discussion veering towards "black people are violent criminals," but that sentiment is at the heart of what is causing the protests.  Conservatives love to say, "Why are you talking about cops killing unarmed black people when you should be talking about black-on-black crime?" but the key difference is that when black people kill other black people, it is acknowledged that a crime has occurred, for which someone should be held accountable.  In contrast, when cops kill unarmed black people, there is no crime, no accountability, no justice.

That is the heart of Black Lives Matter and the anthem protests.  If police officers were being held accountable for all the unarmed civilians they are killing, BLM would not exist and these anthem protests would not be happening.

It's also funny to watch the statistics dance.  Guns (and especially semi-automatic weapons) are a statistically insignificant problem in America, yet the black criminals who use them are a wildly dangerous threat in this country, as are the Muslim extremists who have averaged almost double-digit kills every year over the last decade.

But something something 9/11 guys!  Statistics only count when the right wants them to... which is always the 3000 people killed by Muslims in September 2001, and never the 168 people killed by white right-wing terrorists in April 1995.  OKC is ancient history, man!  In conclusion, we definitely need to be wary of criminally violent black people, and spend trillions of dollars fighting an enemy that kills nearly a dozen people in the US, but white conservatives shooting up schools and music festivals with their huge gun stockpiles (when they aren't blowing up government buildings or setting abortion clinics on fire) is not an issue, and police brutality is overblown.  Statistics prove this.

P.S. I would hesitate in using statistics from a movie that came out in 1991 as proof of a point worth making.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:17:41 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2018, 08:09:07 am »

I would say that each party thinks they are the party of reason, science, compassion, etc.   Just as it is with individuals, political parties view themselves far differently than how they are perceived by others.  Rather than saying this party discounts facts and science but that party does not, I would submit that centrists from both parties embrace science and facts.  However, the people who get their voices heard the most are the loudmouth and clueless far right and far left from both parties.  The far right bible thumping, Obama is going to break into my house and take all of my guns away nutters on the right have no use for reason and facts.  Just like the far left nutters who think Trump is the next coming of Hitler and that "gun free zones" stop gun violence have no use for reason and facts.  The problem is that generally speaking our society isn't interested in "boring" facts and science.  We want scandal, hyperbole, and emotionally charged ranting.  The politicians simply give our Jerry Springer society what they crave. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2018, 08:25:22 am »

^Exactly, and the propaganda the media puts out on both sides fuels the fire.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2018, 08:54:49 am »

I would say that each party thinks they are the party of reason, science, compassion, etc. 

I can certainly see people on both sides thinking they are the champions of reason, and even compassion, though significantly less so than reason. That said, if anyone on the far right even thinks about claiming to be the party of science, their delusion is nothing short of Biblical. You know...the opposite of scientific.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2018, 09:47:55 am »

I can certainly see people on both sides thinking they are the champions of reason, and even compassion, though significantly less so than reason. That said, if anyone on the far right even thinks about claiming to be the party of science, their delusion is nothing short of Biblical. You know...the opposite of scientific.

And the sad/hilarious proof of that is the Creation Museum in Kentucky.  creationmuseum.org   They quite seriously believe they are science based.  I SO want to visit there some day for the unintentional comedy.  Talk about delusional.  However, I would argue that the left's belief that a sign declaring a space to be a "gun free zone" is going to make a mass shooter change their mind is equally delusional, just on a smaller scale. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray