Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:36:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What do you hold in high respect?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: What do you hold in high respect?  (Read 15849 times)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »

Hahahaha ... that's got to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said and that's dsaying something. Obama wasn't held to any standard. Any time he was criticized and I stress anytime ... the complainer was labeled a racist. Identity politics took off under the Obama administration as to silence anyone who was against anything he stood for.

Obama basically started the war on police with his comments. His public criticism of police at Cambridge when he even admitted he didn't know the details of the case, his "If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon" speech, or all the times he was conveniently absent to condemn the violence. He finally realized he needed to say some things to"condemn police violence"  while covering it with the ever "but" of injustices against minorities. "But" always means what I just said is BS.

You are so hypocritical it isn't even funny anymore. You really are deranged.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2018, 02:25:13 pm »

I'd just like to point out one more thing on this specific subject:
Any time [Obama] was criticized and I stress anytime ... the complainer was labeled a racist.
Obviously you and I have a very different recollection of how often that happened.  But as far as I can remember, the "racism" charge was frequently leveled when Obama was criticized for something meaningless (deli mustard, tan suit) or commonplace (putting his feet on the desk).  Basically, when the underlying criticism itself was not valid and the reasoning was flimsy.

In contrast, when Trump is criticized for calling protesters "sons of bitches" or saying there are "very good people" among the neo-Nazis, your side's response is not "Trump was right to say that," but rather, "So what, snowflakes?" or its cousin "HILLARY LOST GET OVER IT".

The right has come completely unmoored from any bedrock principles and only exists as a Trump booster club.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2018, 03:30:29 pm »

Oh, so we have found an instance where a President merely "offering his opinion" is bad!  Good to know.

So if Obama would have called those officers "sons of bitches" and advocated for them to be fired, you would have stood behind Obama's right to offer an opinion just as you are standing behind Trump now, right?

Pretty funny how "small-government conservatives" were up in arms about a President condemning alleged abuse by government employees, yet are cheering a President attacking private citizen protesters and insisting they be fired.  When it comes to Trump fealty, no ideological bridge is too far.  Gotta own those libs!
I hold police officers in much higher regard than football players. In fact ... they can't even be considered in the same category.  Police, fire, rescue and military deserve respect until they prove they don't deserve it. Playing a game for a rich man's salary does not even closely equate to putting ones self in danger for others on a daily basis.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2018, 03:34:26 pm »

I'd just like to point out one more thing on this specific subject:Obviously you and I have a very different recollection of how often that happened.  But as far as I can remember, the "racism" charge was frequently leveled when Obama was criticized for something meaningless (deli mustard, tan suit) or commonplace (putting his feet on the desk).  Basically, when the underlying criticism itself was not valid and the reasoning was flimsy.

In contrast, when Trump is criticized for calling protesters "sons of bitches" or saying there are "very good people" among the neo-Nazis, your side's response is not "Trump was right to say that," but rather, "So what, snowflakes?" or its cousin "HILLARY LOST GET OVER IT".

The right has come completely unmoored from any bedrock principles and only exists as a Trump booster club.
That's selective memory.  As a middle aged white man I can assure you I was not allowed to criticize much to do with Obama's policies.  The people hanging a dummy of Obama were obviously racist ... but they were very minimal. No one was on tv calling for the rape of his children, or his death etc. let alone full grown movements to remove him ... just because.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2018, 03:46:52 pm »

Can you provide an example of when you criticized Obama's policies and were reflexively called a racist in response?  (Preferably on a topic unrelated to race... so not "alleged police brutality against minorities," for example.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:50:22 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 06:10:46 pm »

I hold police officers in much higher regard than football players. In fact ... they can't even be considered in the same category.
Similarly, I consider kneeling in protest during the national anthem to be a much less serious offense than the killing of unarmed civilians.  I might even go so far as to say they can't even be considered in the same category.

P.S. Just to elaborate on that point:

1) There have been several recent cases of police officers fired, indicted, and/or convicted over killings found to be unjustified
2) There have been zero incidents of violence from NFL players during the national anthem as they peacefully protested the above killings
3) Conservatives (including you) believe the latter is a bigger problem than the former

And so when Obama emphasizes that there are many upstanding police officers who do their job well while also offering criticism for the bad apples, you dismiss the first part as "meaningless BS" and accuse him of being a disgrace who has started a war on police.  Meanwhile, Trump calls the players protesting unjustified homicides "sons of bitches" and insists they be fired, and you cheer him on.

If you want to know why the racism card is frequently played, it's because hard to make this make any sense otherwise.  I mean, if you are approaching these issues from a racist standpoint, then it is perfectly logical to blame the black president and the black players and set all other facts aside.  But if you set that viewpoint aside, it's difficult to imagine any other logically consistent way to condemn a peaceful, silent protest while defending the unnecessary government-perpetrated homicides against unarmed people that they are protesting... especially from supposed "small-government conservatives."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:49:54 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2018, 04:54:29 pm »

That's selective memory.  As a middle aged white man I can assure you I was not allowed to criticize much to do with Obama's policies.  The people hanging a dummy of Obama were obviously racist ... but they were very minimal. No one was on tv calling for the rape of his children, or his death etc. let alone full grown movements to remove him ... just because.

I'm calling BS on that. I doubt you would be called a racist simply because you disagreed with him. I, too, would like some kind of example you faced.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2018, 08:42:31 pm »

Yeah, I think one has to have a pretty flexible definition of "disagreed with Obama's policies" to say that he or she was labeled a racist "anytime" there was a disagreement with them.

I've seen many political discussions here and elsewhere, and I don't ever remember seeing a conservative called a racist because they opposed Obamacare.   That doesn't really make sense, because it's totally unnecessary: conservatives have a long history of being against any program that takes money from the rich to provide services for the poor, so you wouldn't even need to invoke accusations of racism when accusations of plutocracy work just fine.  Similarly, it wouldn't make sense for liberals to call conservatives "racist" for opposing Obama's repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, as conservative opposition to civil rights for homosexuals is already well-established; why denounce them as racists when its simpler to denounce them as homophobes?

Of course, if you're talking about conservatives being called "racists" for opposing Obama's "policy" of being born in Kenya and lying about it, well... let's say that's a slightly different matter.  Speaking of which:

No one was on tv calling for the rape of [Obama's] children, or his death etc. let alone full grown movements to remove him ... just because.
While we're on the topic of selective memory, it seems you have forgotten how the current occupant of the Oval Office gained political power on the right in the first place.  As best I recall, it was "a full grown movement to remove Obama... just because."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:44:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2018, 09:00:54 am »

Can you provide an example of when you criticized Obama's policies and were reflexively called a racist in response? 

I'm calling BS on that. I doubt you would be called a racist simply because you disagreed with him. I, too, would like some kind of example you faced.

You guys can wait for that example as long as you'd like, but you won't ever get it. It's a Trump thing...you don't need to actually back anything up, just spit out some nonsense without considering any relationship with the truth.

I mean, if that's what CF believes, then it is obviously true, and can therefore not be contested.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2018, 12:55:47 pm »

You guys can wait for that example as long as you'd like, but you won't ever get it. It's a Trump thing...you don't need to actually back anything up, just spit out some nonsense without considering any relationship with the truth.

I mean, if that's what CF believes, then it is obviously true, and can therefore not be contested.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to second Spider-Dan's request as well. Just like everyone who still supports Trump, they'll never give actual facts or even understand how things work.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »

Just like everyone who still supports Trump, they'll never give actual facts or even understand how things work.
That goes both ways.  Feelings over facts is tied more to the left than it is the right.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:02:30 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2018, 01:19:05 pm »

How can I prove it? I'm not going to search through 1000's of threads on here nor can I reproduce conversations that I or someone else had. This is a convenient situation for you guys as I cannot prove it nor do I really care what you think. Identity politics as an offense started under the Obama years and is used to paint conservatives into stereotypical negative light. I would think my history of providing proof of things I said (whether you agree or not) that you know I don't just throw our BS to see my words on the pc. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:23:57 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2018, 02:52:39 pm »

So you say you were called a racist anytime (and you stress anytime!) you criticized any of Obama's policies, yet when asked to name one example, you declare it an impossible task?

Now you see why we asked, instead of allowing you to throw out that claim unchallenged.  I imagine if you are able to find an example, it might not be as much of a "policy disagreement" as you are representing today.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2018, 03:54:41 pm »

That goes both ways.  Feelings over facts is tied more to the left than it is the right.

How can you say that when the leader of the conservative party changes his "facts" just as the wind changes direction?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2018, 04:02:07 pm »

How can you say that when the leader of the conservative party changes his "facts" just as the wind changes direction?
How can I say it goes both ways?  Is the left infallible?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray