Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Overly Complicated Instructions/Directions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Overly Complicated Instructions/Directions  (Read 1446 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: July 27, 2018, 11:50:45 am »

There are alot of things,reading the instructions,getting directions are needed.Other times you read them and think Wtf?

1.) Craigslist ad for treated lumber (seemed too good to be true,and it was).I left 3 messages,before the guy called me lastnight,it was an old man that lived outside a small town out in farm country.

He told me the instructions are a little confusing because of some construction....Ok,fine

Take this highway to this farm road,3/4 of mile,till you see 2 dilapidated barns, turn right at the next road,etc,etc...Left,right,Left,Left,Right..I finally get to his house,and as I'm pulling in his driveway I can see the highway I took before he sent me down this rabbit hole.(Maybe a mile,I can see the stop lights).

When I left I turned out of his driveway,headed to that light, Turned right 2 highways home...No construction anywhere near his house.

2.) My Breakfast sandwiches are a great example....
From Frozen -Microwave at 30% power for 90 seconds,then  on high 100% power for 60 seconds to 2 minutes until hot.

Hmm...I put it for 2 minutes at 60%...Hmmm perfect.

Are people getting worse at giving instructions,direction writing?

Have you guy's ran into,or been given wonky instructions lately?

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 09:18:27 am »

Google maps/GPS systems will do that from time to time. I just recently came back from Hawaii where we were following the GPS everywhere but then we got a map of the area with all the major highways marked on it and realized the GPS would literally take us off the highway and onto several side streets to reach our destination when we could have just as easily stayed on the highway. After being there awhile we just started to ignore the GPS and used the map instead. Then we remembered the guy that we rented from told us not to use the GPS and follow his instructions instead. Not sure if it's just Hawaii with all it's twisting turning roads that causes this problem or what.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:29:41 pm »

My experience with that problem is that the software is not updated. I was going somewhere and Google didn't have an updated street name, much less an actual route.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 05:15:39 pm »

Waze is better in my experience
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 01:10:59 pm »

I bought a solid plastic (maybe 10" deep) wading pool for the my puppy this morning on clearance,and it actually came with an owners manual/assembly instructions!  Cheesy

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:59:30 pm »

Yeah I get angry when I'm driving and my GPS takes me a mile out of the way just to turn around.  Especially when I've passed like 5 side streets and could have simply pulled into one of the driveways and turned around in one of them.  Also my mother is no longer allowed to give directions because they are both terribly non-descriptive, and she often waits until I've already passed the turn to tell me when to turn.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 08:42:26 am »

I bought a solid plastic (maybe 10" deep) wading pool for the my puppy this morning on clearance,and it actually came with an owners manual/assembly instructions!  Cheesy

Assembly instructions:
1) Remove decals and price tags from pool

Owners manual:
1) Place on ground outside
2) Fill with water
3) Splash around

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 12:47:58 pm »

Assembly instructions:
1) Remove decals and price tags from pool

Owners manual:
1) Place on ground outside
2) Fill with water
3) Splash around

Ohhh, I've been using mine in my living room.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 12:54:41 pm »

Ohhh, I've been using mine in my living room.

Pretty sure that invalidates the warranty...  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray