Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:39:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Isaiah Ford is crushing training camp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Isaiah Ford is crushing training camp  (Read 1144 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:25:57 am »

Every camp someone gets a lot of press but this seems much different. Everyone says this guy is not only doing well ... but doing it in an almost dominating way. I don't think it is far fetched to believe he will be the replacement for Devante Parker before this season is over and probably sooner rather than later. He looks to be the receiver Parker was supposed to be.

I picked one article but it's easy to find them talking positively about this guy.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins-steal-isaiah-ford-crushing-training-camp/tirRTOr3npTuouqkXN4KZN/

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Isaiah Ford is catching everything. Photo: Allen Eyestone/The Palm Beach Post
Miami Dolphins’ ‘steal’ Isaiah Ford is crushing training camp
20 hours ago
By Joe Schad, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

DAVIE —
Isaiah Ford keeps catching touchdowns and making it harder and harder to understand how he fell to the Miami Dolphins in the seventh round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

“We were shocked that he was still there in the seventh round,” Dolphins wide receivers coach Ben Johnson said Sunday. “We felt like we were getting a steal when we got him in the first place.”

Ford is tall, athletic, acrobatic and much quicker than advertised.

“His 40 time that he probably ran in college, it’s not indicative of how good of an athlete he is,” Johnson said. “He can jump out of the roof. I know (Assistant Head Coach/Offense) Shawn Jefferson and I joke all the time, he probably could play in the NBA. That’s the level of athleticism (that he has).”

Ford missed his entire rookie season due to a knee injury. But he’s opened eyes throughout the spring and into training camp.

“He’s an incredibly talented player and has a lot going for him, no doubt,” Johnson said.

The Dolphins kept five wide receivers on the initial roster last season and barring injury it seems obvious Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant are in.

It would seem Ford may have an edge of Leonte Carroo and Rashawn Scott at the moment if Miami ends up keeping six receivers. He’s been that good.

“It’s been fun to watch him work,” Johnson said. “He’s incredibly smart. I was in the quarterback room for a little bit early on in my career and he would be fine surviving in that room with everything a quarterback has to handle. He’s that intelligent. He knows every position.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »

This kid had day two written all over him.   That's what you look for in the later rounds.  Seriously talented guys who fell due to workout/injury/off field concerns.  Props to your GM for finding this guy.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:25:18 pm »

I seem to remember the team gushing about him last year before he got hurt and saying what a steal he was so late in the draft.  That would be a huge bonus if the guy can break into the starting rotation this year and do well.  I don't think our current starting wideouts put the fear in any secondary. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 12:32:31 pm »

^I've got to disagree, although there isn't a dominant number 1 like Julio Jones, there are 4 WR (Stills, Parker, Wilson, Grant) that are fast enough to get behind the secondary at any given time, and a QB that is one of the best in the league at throwing the deep ball.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

I welcome all good news, but we are usually the "Kings of the Offseason". Last year being the obvious exception. So, I'll wait for on the field results.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 12:08:48 pm »

^I've got to disagree, although there isn't a dominant number 1 like Julio Jones, there are 4 WR (Stills, Parker, Wilson, Grant) that are fast enough to get behind the secondary at any given time, and a QB that is one of the best in the league at throwing the deep ball.

I just want the team to do well so I will happily eat crow if the receiving corps excels this year.  I hope you are right, brother!   
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 12:10:02 pm »

I welcome all good news, but we are usually the "Kings of the Offseason". Last year being the obvious exception. So, I'll wait for on the field results.

I can't remember who said it (maybe Jimmy Johnson), but an old quote that holds very true is "The unemployment line is filled with training camp superstars."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray