Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:48:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump  (Read 7873 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 02, 2018, 03:45:46 pm »

Someone had asked how we "Christians" support Donald Trump a while ago and honestly  ... I don't remember the answer I gave other than saying his policies outweigh what he says.  Well I read this and it really speaks my feelings better than I could ever. Karen is a gold Star mother. She is the mother of fallen Navy SEAL, Aaron Carson Vaughn (SEAL Team VI). On August 6, 2011 Aaron was killed in action in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan when a chopper (call sign Extortion 17) carrying thirty Americans was shot from the sky.

Sometimes God uses the no-nonsense, salty sailor to get the job done. Appreciating what the man is doing doesn’t mean we worship the salty sailor or even desire to be like the salty sailor. It doesn’t even mean God admires the salty sailor. Maybe He just knows he’s necessary for such a time as this.

I believe with all my heart that God placed that salty sailor in the White House and gave this nation one more chance in November 2016. Donald Trump is what he is. He is still the man he was before the election. And without guilt, I very much admire what that salty sailor is accomplishing.

He’s not like me. That’s okay with me. I don’t want to be like him. I will never behave like him. I know we’ve NEVER had a man like him lead our nation. It’s crazy and a little mind blowing at times. But I can’t help admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC, think tank-screened, carefully edited script. I still believe that is WHY he became our President and WHY he’s been able to handle a landslide of adversity and STILL pass unprecedented amounts of good legislation for our country AND do great works for MANY other nations, including Israel.

I’m THRILLED with what he’s doing for my nation, for the cause of Christ (whether intentional or unintentional, doesn’t matter to me), and for the concept of rebuilding America and putting her FIRST. I will not be ashamed of my position because others don’t see him through the same lens.

Should it matter to me if a fireman drops an f-bomb while he’s pulling me from a burning building? Would I really care about what came out of his mouth in those moments? Heck no! I’d CARE about what he was DOING. He wasn’t sent there to save my soul and I’m not looking to him for spiritual guidance. All I’m thinking in those moments is, “Thank you, Jesus, for sending the fireman.”

I’ll post this article below again for those who still might not understand me.

This man is crass. Okay. He’s not careful with what he says. Okay. You feel offended that he’s not a typical statesman. Okay. But he is rebuilding the nation my son died for…the nation I feared was on a fast track to becoming a hopeless cause. Forgive me if I’m smiling.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »

I don't foresee this going well. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:54:03 pm »

I don't remember the answer I gave other than saying his policies outweigh what he says.

Which policies are you supporting?

* The policy of alienating all of our allies?
* The policy of sucking up to Russia?
* The policy of enriching the billionaires in this country?
* The policy of tweeting random crazy shit every night?
* The policy of golfing every weekend?

Short of the same tired rhetoric (Strong borders, make America great, jail crooked Hillary, Fake News! With Hunt!), what policies of his do you actually support?

I don't foresee this going well. 

Ya think? Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »

just a few off the top of my head

-Supreme Court Justices. That was my biggest issue with the election and he has done very well in his choices.

- Tax cuts for 80 percent of american households, simplified the tax code and the booming economy - The economy is doing great although all the talking heads predicted it would fail as soon as he was elected. The new attack is media constantly telling the public it will soon crash so they pull all their money and force the crash.  Unemployment is at record levels and welfare has fallen significantly

- strengthening our military and allowing the Generals to do what they need to do in order to be successful- check. This is also where you can add his regime is defeating ISIS.

-  He was tough on N Korea and regardless of what people may think is happening ... he has progressed more than any other president in this venture.

- He has been tough on China and Iran. We are being taken over by the Chinese and yet all leaders before him didn't seem to care.

- moved our embassy to Jerusalem just as so many before him had promised.

-Withdrew the U.S. from the expensive worthless Paris Climate Agreement

-reversed Obama's restrictions on the coal industry

-overhauling the  VA and giving veterans more options

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 08:46:47 am »

just a few off the top of my head

-Supreme Court Justices. That was my biggest issue with the election and he has done very well in his choices.

- Tax cuts for 80 percent of american households, simplified the tax code and the booming economy - The economy is doing great although all the talking heads predicted it would fail as soon as he was elected. The new attack is media constantly telling the public it will soon crash so they pull all their money and force the crash.  Unemployment is at record levels and welfare has fallen significantly

- strengthening our military and allowing the Generals to do what they need to do in order to be successful- check. This is also where you can add his regime is defeating ISIS.

-  He was tough on N Korea and regardless of what people may think is happening ... he has progressed more than any other president in this venture.

- He has been tough on China and Iran. We are being taken over by the Chinese and yet all leaders before him didn't seem to care.

- moved our embassy to Jerusalem just as so many before him had promised.

-Withdrew the U.S. from the expensive worthless Paris Climate Agreement

-reversed Obama's restrictions on the coal industry

-overhauling the  VA and giving veterans more options

'Fess up...you copied that directly from Fox News, right?

Donald Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Not just the worst President, but the worst thing. Worse than smallpox, worse than McCarthyism (Trump's distant forefather), worse than disco music or decaf coffee...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 11:33:13 am »

Well, the good news is that going forward, Democrats can put literally the worst person they can find in the White House, and when conservatives ask how the left can support such an America-hating Marxist traitor, we can just say, "Well, he signed a bill confiscating all guns and outlawing Christmas, so i don't mind that he had his mistress kidnapped and murdered by a drug cartel, because God, in her infinite wisdom, works in mysterious ways."

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 01:32:33 pm »

Donald Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Not just the worst President, but the worst thing. Worse than smallpox, worse than McCarthyism (Trump's distant forefather), worse than disco music or decaf coffee...

You can put down decaf coffee all you want, I'm with you on that one; but don't you dare put down disco music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ult7qM-LTWk&t=0s&index=13&list=PLUFrRj_65PcN8gDy9ZeVm-SGQydnicDEU
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 01:42:27 pm »

Sorry to disappoint but I get to my opinions on my own. Fox News is way down the list of places I get my news. I totally get that they are just as biased as certain liberal media outlets.  More times than not I get news from local news, Daily Mail and MSN. I also typically take a peek at CNN to see what the latest Trump Anxiety Disorder is all about.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit I get a chuckle out of the liberal panic attacks over essentially nothing. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 03:14:25 pm »

You can put down decaf coffee all you want, I'm with you on that one; but don't you dare put down disco music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ult7qM-LTWk&t=0s&index=13&list=PLUFrRj_65PcN8gDy9ZeVm-SGQydnicDEU

Death to disco!

(...and to Ming!)

~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 03:46:54 pm »

i actually have no problem envisioning how Christians can support Trump i think it's very logical

if you can let go of logic and rationality and be conditioned to accept religion, then i have no problem in believing that you can also let go of logic and rationality over something like Trump

i know it sounds condescending, but i don't have a better way of expressing that logical comparison
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:49:25 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 04:00:27 pm »

tl;dr for the original article:

Conservatives amazed to discover innovative new moral concept: "the end justifies the means"

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 11:20:06 pm »

Wait you mean the the daily mail,like the UK tabloid newspaper?  Huh

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:46 am »

I'm a Christian but that's not why I voted for Trump.

If Christianity was something you were considering as a quality in the last Presidential Election, then Hillary and Trump never should have gotten on the ballot.

I voted for Trump because he's a businessman.  We can argue about how successful he was but I feel like with the money problems this country is headed for, a businessman is a better choice than a lawyer.  Yes Hillary had experience both working with her husband as First Lady and as a Senator and as Secretary of State.  We can argue about how successful she was at any of those things.

Yes we're in a trade war.  Whether people realize it or not we've been in a trade war for more than 35 years.  First it was Europe, then it was Canada and Mexico and the Japanese, now it's China. 

I think it's a great idea to build a wall, I also realize that there are a lot of people who came here for a better life to provide for their families and aren't hardcore criminals.  It's not very practical to try and round up 11 million illegals or whatever the number is now.

Right now there's jobs out there.  That's a good thing.  Does minimum wage need to go up?  Probably. 

Yes he says things that make me cringe sometimes.  Yes I wish sometimes someone would take away his Twitter account.

I've also never seen more hostility aimed at a guy from the other party especially when we've had an election turn out similarly in history (See John Quincy Adams).

He's not the worst president ever elected (see 1852-1859) nor is he the second coming of George Washington.  Wait and see over the next couple of months.  The direction of this country is going to be largely determined by what happens in the midterms.  If there's a wave of one party or the other, either his agenda will go into turbo drive or be shut down completely.  If the numbers of representatives and senators in both parties stays largely the same, we'll probably be going along like we are now.  Either way most of us are still going to have to get up and drive to the same job in the morning and figure out what we're going to eat and how we're going to pay the bills.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 11:22:48 am »

I'm a Christian but that's not why I voted for Trump.
I didn't vote for Trump because I'm a Christian. I was addressing those who ask how Christians could support him. If I was voting for the best representative Christian in the election then Trump wouldn't have been in the race. That did weigh into the primaries but unfortunately ... wasn't an option for the election.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:57 pm »

The question is not, and never was, why people who always vote Republican voted for a Republican.  That is a dumb question with an obvious answer.

The question is why supposed Christians voted for Trump in the primary to begin with, and why they continue to support him now (instead of calling for a primary challenge from a non-terrible person).  Hell, even if Trump were impeached, that would just mean the devout & upstanding man of faith Mike Pence would take over.

The simplest answer to the second question is that "Christians" care less about their faith than their politics, and that they also care more about winning than their morals.  So now we are treated to inane pieces like the article cited in the OP, where "the end justifies the means" is treated like some sort of revolutionary new idea that no one has ever considered before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray