Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:31:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump  (Read 7883 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 10:52:36 am »

So wait: you think it's my opinion that there are Trump voters who are unhappy with his crass behavior but voted for him to block Hillary?  That's a "conspiracy theory" to you, even though CF and BigDaddyFin have already said as much in this very thread?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:35 am »

CF I'm Sorry... Tongue Local problems with religious people lately...
Every American President,has been a christian,the overall christian affiliation has been overwhelmingly christians in 99% of All office holders elected in this country (Congress,Governors,etc).A higher majority than the religious breakdown of the general population.I get it the Bible says you will be persecuted for your faith, but the christians have ZERO problems weaponizing their faith as a tactic. (even when the issue isn't a religious one)

And CF I get it,you never have,but I'm surrounded by it...and people that do...
I actually figured to myself that you must have had some personal experiences when I read your response.

There are two issues with that and that I don't believe many who label themselves as Christians are actually Christian.I'm not to judge but the Bible says you can tell by their actions. Most people don't even tithe let alone put God first in anything else ... and that is the fruit of being reborn in Christ.

There are several passages about judging people ... especially those outside of the church. Paul (who wrote much of the New Testament letters) was specific about not judging those outside. In his letter to the Church of Corinth he was admonishing them for the things they were allowing in the church. in doing so he brought up about not judging those outside.  

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

So if anyone tries "judging you" by using the Bible then you can tell them they need to go back read their Bible. The problem I have seen is that many people feel anytime the name of Jesus is mentioned that they are being "judged" or attacked and while it may feel that way it isn't true.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 11:05:19 am »

So wait: you think it's my opinion that there are Trump voters who are unhappy with his crass behavior but voted for him to block Hillary?  That's a "conspiracy theory" to you, even though CF and BigDaddyFin have already said as much in this very thread?

Spider:  ...Republicans actually LOVE his complete disregard for moral norms.  He is what many of them wish they could be if they thought they could get away with it.

This is opinion.  This is what I quoted.  You are now adding things that I didn't address and making sweeping generalizations to create a narrative that wasn't there. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 11:06:48 am »

I think the issue lies in this comment .. "while they fail to call for a better choice in 2020". Just because we aren't happy with some of his antics does not mean we throw him out. Ever heard the whole you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? In all honesty .... I have no confidence that any other "Conservative" who would actually have a chance would be able to stand up to the attacks he is getting. If Pence would get the job we would certainly have a more moral President but I don't know that he would have the business sense and cohones to do what needs to be done. Trump couldn't care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is right. That aspect is very refreshing in politics.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:14:35 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 11:10:56 am »

^

*Trump COULDN'T care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is right.

...continue.

***Thanks Tenshot! - CF
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:15:29 am by CF DolFan » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 11:14:18 am »

Just something to show some of the Trump media bias. CNN is headlining a story "A South Carolina company plans to lay off almost all its workers — 126 people — because of the Trump administration's tariffs.". Other media outlets are reporting that but they also have this story "US Steel planning to add more than 800 jobs this year because of Trump's tarriffs" and this "Despite uncertainty over the impact of tariffs for the past several months, Harley-Davidson is still adding approximately 400 positions to its assembly plant in Springettsbury Township, York County"  

Seems like there is almost always three sides to every story and each side latches onto the one that supports their already made up opinion.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:17:47 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 11:31:46 am »

Spider:  ...Republicans actually LOVE his complete disregard for moral norms.  He is what many of them wish they could be if they thought they could get away with it.

This is opinion.  This is what I quoted.  You are now adding things that I didn't address and making sweeping generalizations to create a narrative that wasn't there.
Yes, that was my opinion.  And when you disputed it, I asked you (twice) to provide your own explanation for why conservatives are not calling for Trump to be primaried.  But all you want to do is keep shouting, "conspiracy theory!"

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 12:11:34 pm »

Yes, that was my opinion.  And when you disputed it, I asked you (twice) to provide your own explanation for why conservatives are not calling for Trump to be primaried.  But all you want to do is keep shouting, "conspiracy theory!"
There's nothing to discuss.  Whether it was grammatical or intentional, I addressed an opinion of yours that read as fact.  If you want to continue the conversation I suggest talking to CF or maybe Pondwater, I have no interest.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:52 pm »

I think the issue lies in this comment .. "while they fail to call for a better choice in 2020". Just because we aren't happy with some of his antics does not mean we throw him out.
So then why do so many of you make this big hand-wringing, pearl-clutching show about how he's not the Christian choice you would prefer but You Had No Other Choice To Stop Hillary?  I mean, you explicitly give up the game right here:

If Pence would get the job we would certainly have a more moral President but I don't know that he would have the business sense and cohones to do what needs to be done.

In other words, even if you had the opportunity to replace Trump with an upstanding, moral Christian - say, Mike Pence - you'd STILL prefer Trump!  So why even bother with the whole song-and-dance about how you had no choice?  Republicans LOVE the current choice, which is why Trump easily crushed all the other moral, upstanding Christians in the GOP primary.  Today's Republican Party values candidate morality less than they value aggressive confrontationism... to wit:

"But I can’t help admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC, think tank-screened, carefully edited script."
"Trump couldn't care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is right. That aspect is very refreshing in politics." (co-signed by another Trump supporter)

Note how neither of the above citations claim that Trump does what is "right," as most Trump supporters are unwilling to personally endorse his behavior.  They only claim that he does what HE feels is right... otherwise known as doing whatever you want to do.  And people who do whatever they want to do without caring about pissing people off are not a new development in society.  In fact, we have words to describe them:

Sociopath.
Asshole.

Trump didn't win "despite" being a sociopath.  He won because he's a sociopath.  That was the defining feature of his candidacy, and the reason why Trump voters continue to support him today.  And for those who claim that's a "conspiracy theory," your own words are the evidence.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:29:07 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2018, 08:50:46 am »

*Trump COULDN'T care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is right.

I believe your statement is 88.2% accurate. The 100% accurate version would be:

* Trump COULDN'T care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is personally profitable.

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:42 am »

Point of order if I may...

Blocking Hillary WAS a secondary motivation, but I also said I prefer having a businessman run the country right now as opposed to a lawyer...

Just so my point doesn't get lost.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2018, 09:13:15 am »

the only problem is that the country isn't a business and it's governed by laws .. so i think a lawyer would be better than a businessman for running a country
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2018, 10:21:09 am »

the only problem is that the country isn't a business and it's governed by laws .. so i think a lawyer would be better than a businessman for running a country

...and definitely better than a businessman who has spent most of his business career either declaring bankruptcy or filing frivolous lawsuits to avoid paying subcontractors.

Give him credit for being savvy though...at his current rate of Presidency for Profit, he'll probably be out of debt by the time his term is over.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2018, 11:54:01 am »

So then why do so many of you make this big hand-wringing, pearl-clutching show about how he's not the Christian choice you would prefer but You Had No Other Choice To Stop Hillary?  I mean, you explicitly give up the game right here:

In other words, even if you had the opportunity to replace Trump with an upstanding, moral Christian - say, Mike Pence - you'd STILL prefer Trump!  So why even bother with the whole song-and-dance about how you had no choice?  Republicans LOVE the current choice, which is why Trump easily crushed all the other moral, upstanding Christians in the GOP primary.  Today's Republican Party values candidate morality less than they value aggressive confrontationism... to wit:

"But I can’t help admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC, think tank-screened, carefully edited script."
"Trump couldn't care less about pissing people off, any people, to do something he feels is right. That aspect is very refreshing in politics." (co-signed by another Trump supporter)

Note how neither of the above citations claim that Trump does what is "right," as most Trump supporters are unwilling to personally endorse his behavior.  They only claim that he does what HE feels is right... otherwise known as doing whatever you want to do.  And people who do whatever they want to do without caring about pissing people off are not a new development in society.  In fact, we have words to describe them:

Sociopath.
Asshole.

Trump didn't win "despite" being a sociopath.  He won because he's a sociopath.  That was the defining feature of his candidacy, and the reason why Trump voters continue to support him today.  And for those who claim that's a "conspiracy theory," your own words are the evidence.
It's kind of sad to me that you think all conservatives are Christians no matter how many times I have explained that they are not. No offense but you are one of the biggest preconceived individuals who stereotypes people I've ever known. You don't even pretend not to be.

I realize in an age where it's ok to say “Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” or “White people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” and#CancelWhitePeople but you really should try and pull your head out of the sand once in a while. Conservatives just like their liberal counterparts are made up of Christians, Atheists, racists, blacks, whites, Asians and even gays and lesbians. The percentages vary but they all exist and are only successful when they vote together.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2018, 12:53:51 pm »

This sounds like a conspiracy theory that you're touting as fact.

It's true, though. You need to look at the laundry list of Republicans thrown in jail during Republican times in office for the opposite. It literally is fact.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray