Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:18:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Why/how we "Christians" support Donald Trump  (Read 7836 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2018, 03:44:36 pm »

It's kind of sad to me that you think all conservatives are Christians no matter how many times I have explained that they are not. No offense but you are one of the biggest preconceived individuals who stereotypes people I've ever known. You don't even pretend not to be.

I realize in an age where it's ok to say “Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” or “White people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” and#CancelWhitePeople but you really should try and pull your head out of the sand once in a while. Conservatives just like their liberal counterparts are made up of Christians, Atheists, racists, blacks, whites, Asians and even gays and lesbians. The percentages vary but they all exist and are only successful when they vote together.
I guess that would be me that you're describing. Not sure what religion has to do with politics and why people lump them together.

Anyhow, I would consider myself on the conservative/libertarian side of things. Do I think god actually exists? Probably not, but I can't say that as fact because I don't know. So in light of that I would consider myself an Apatheist/Apathetic Agnostic. I really don't give a shit either way because it doesn't matter. The only upside to god actually existing is me getting to meet him one day so that I can tell him to go fuck himself. Evil

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2018, 12:25:48 am »

It's kind of sad to me that you think all conservatives are Christians no matter how many times I have explained that they are not. No offense but you are one of the biggest preconceived individuals who stereotypes people I've ever known. You don't even pretend not to be.
I cited two quotes from two self-identified Christian conservatives who praised Trump for doing what he wants to regardless of whether it will upset other people.  It wasn't generic conservatives saying this; it was specifically Christians.  That isn't a broad brush, it's a pinpoint laser.

And I specifically asked you, a self-identified Christian, why (after the general election threat of Hillary was vanquished) you are not in favor of primarying Trump with a better person.  Your answer was essentially that a moral Christian replacement like Mike Pence may not be enough of an asshole to get the job done.  Again, no generalization here: I'm talking about YOU directly.

I realize in an age where it's ok to say “Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” or “White people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” and#CancelWhitePeople but you really should try and pull your head out of the sand once in a while.
Then I guess it's a good thing that I didn't give anyone who would say that kind of stuff my vote for President of the United States, which puts me on significantly higher moral ground than you.

That's the thing: you don't get to point at the coarse words of random internet trolls as evidence of liberal depravity, because you saw someone that says things at least as bad and you decided that man deserved your vote for President.  And even more importantly: you still defend him today with the explicit rationale that his disdain for what other people think is a great thing.

Your hollow cries of the moral bankruptcy of the left fall on deaf ears.  Your standard-bearer - the leader of your party and movement - is no better than the worst liberal internet trolls.  And that's who you chose (and still support!) for the highest office in the land.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:00 am »

I cited two quotes from two self-identified Christian conservatives who praised Trump for doing what he wants to regardless of whether it will upset other people.  It wasn't generic conservatives saying this; it was specifically Christians.  That isn't a broad brush, it's a pinpoint laser.

And I specifically asked you, a self-identified Christian, why (after the general election threat of Hillary was vanquished) you are not in favor of primarying Trump with a better person.  Your answer was essentially that a moral Christian replacement like Mike Pence may not be enough of an asshole to get the job done.  Again, no generalization here: I'm talking about YOU directly.
Then I guess it's a good thing that I didn't give anyone who would say that kind of stuff my vote for President of the United States, which puts me on significantly higher moral ground than you.

That's the thing: you don't get to point at the coarse words of random internet trolls as evidence of liberal depravity, because you saw someone that says things at least as bad and you decided that man deserved your vote for President.  And even more importantly: you still defend him today with the explicit rationale that his disdain for what other people think is a great thing.

Your hollow cries of the moral bankruptcy of the left fall on deaf ears.  Your standard-bearer - the leader of your party and movement - is no better than the worst liberal internet trolls.  And that's who you chose (and still support!) for the highest office in the land.
So riddle me this Spider. The single most important thing to me is that a conservative judge be seated on the SC and a better economy with less taxes. With that said ... who do I vote for? DT, or HC? It's the POTUS and not the lead pastor of my church in which case I'd leave the church if those were my two options.

Seems to me that most people who support Trump, like the lady whose letter I posted, admit he has many faults. Why is it that few on the other side can admit that some of the things he does is a positive?   I mean ... even CNN does that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2018, 11:47:46 am »

^^^ OK, here goes:

* I am happy to see that Trump is serious about illegal immigration...but not happy with the way that he's going about it.

* I am happy that Trump's Corporate Tax Plan incentivizes American companies to move their financial assets back to America...but not happy with the fact that every new business law he passes seems specifically targeted to give himself and his businesses more money.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:46 am »

Trump vs. Hillary is over, so that has no bearing on why you continue to support and defend him today. That's why the "I had to stop Hillary" argument sounds so insincere: if that were really true, now would be the best time for you to build up a primary challenge for Trump so you aren't forced into the same hellish choice in 2020. But you don't... so what does that say about your actual position on him?  At the end of the day, Hillary isn't a factor.  You support him because you want him in office.

As far as who you should vote for: your argument, as presented, is totally unconvincing.  If Alex Jones ran on putting conservatives on SCOTUS, would you also be forced to vote for him?  Is there any point where you demand basic social morality from your candidates, or would you put David Duke in the White House if you thought he would lower your taxes?

But I guess this is easier to accept if I say something nice about Trump, so here goes: his political ads are well-produced and use high-quality photos.  He also has a lot of people at his rallies, and he seems to sell a lot of hats.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »

Forget Trumps adultry for a moment.  I don’t understand how a Christian could be a republican. 

Jesus was pro-health care.  He wouldn’t want to repeal Obamacare, he would want to expand it.

You can’t read the Bible and conclude Jesus would be in favor of cutting food stamps and the school lunch programs.  The guy was really big on feeding the hungry. 

Check out what the Bible says about welcoming strangers.  It is diametrically opposite Trump’s immigration policy.

If Jesus was alive today he wouldn’t be a republican, it is highly doubtful he would even be a Democrat.  He would be a member of the Green Party.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:25 pm »

Forget Trumps adultry for a moment.  I don’t understand how a Christian could be a republican. 

Jesus was pro-health care.  He wouldn’t want to repeal Obamacare, he would want to expand it.

You can’t read the Bible and conclude Jesus would be in favor of cutting food stamps and the school lunch programs.  The guy was really big on feeding the hungry. 

Check out what the Bible says about welcoming strangers.  It is diametrically opposite Trump’s immigration policy.

If Jesus was alive today he wouldn’t be a republican, it is highly doubtful he would even be a Democrat.  He would be a member of the Green Party.

Pro health care? He didn't even heal everyone and he could have. In fact he said there will always be sickness and disease until He comes back.

It's always amusing how non-Christians try to use the Bible as a weapon and they don't even know what it is talking about.

Mathew 10:14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 to aspire to lead a quiet life, to attend to your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. In this way you will live a decent life before outsiders and not be in need.

2 Thessalonians 3:11-12 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.

Proverbs 21:25 The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work.

Proverbs 18:9-10 Whoever is lazy regarding his work is also a brother to the master of destruction.

Mark 3:33  “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

I could go on but it doesn't matter. Jesus does command His people to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and take care of the sick but he doesn't tell you the government should make you do it. In fact ... one of Jesus' main themes is fighting the establishment (Pharisees) people who do the seemingly right things for the wrong reasons. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 08:37:11 am »

the only problem is that the country isn't a business and it's governed by laws .. so i think a lawyer would be better than a businessman for running a country

I respectfully but highly disagree.  You are correct in that the United States is not a corporation in a structural or even maybe abstract sense but it still comes down to profit and loss.  Budget vs. Deficit.  Making profitable trade agreements vs. ones where you lose your ass. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 10:31:05 am »

Pro health care? He didn't even heal everyone and he could have. In fact he said there will always be sickness and disease until He comes back.

It's always amusing how non-Christians try to use the Bible as a weapon and they don't even know what it is talking about.

Mathew 10:14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 to aspire to lead a quiet life, to attend to your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. In this way you will live a decent life before outsiders and not be in need.

2 Thessalonians 3:11-12 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.

Proverbs 21:25 The craving of a sluggard will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work.

Proverbs 18:9-10 Whoever is lazy regarding his work is also a brother to the master of destruction.

Mark 3:33  “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

I could go on but it doesn't matter. Jesus does command His people to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and take care of the sick but he doesn't tell you the government should make you do it. In fact ... one of Jesus' main themes is fighting the establishment (Pharisees) people who do the seemingly right things for the wrong reasons. 

When dealing with a fictitious compilation of short stories from dozens of different writers, you're bound to have lots of contradictions...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2018, 11:23:44 am »

the only problem is that the country isn't a business and it's governed by laws .. so i think a lawyer would be better than a businessman for running a country
I think it needs all to be successful. I've worked in and around government for many years. You can't run the government like a business (I've seen how that fails) but at the same time you have to balance things and negotiate like a business.

In case you're wondering what I mean ... here is an example.

In our County it costs $45 for a driveway permit. That covers a lot of scenarios but that's the price. This is what you get for $45.

1) An administrative assistant walks you through the application process
2) Administrative assistant accepts application and inputs all the information
3) An Engineer reviews the drawings, setbacks, drainage etc.
4) If approved, it goes to the Inspection department. If not it is returned and steps 1,2 and 3 are repeated.
5) Inspector goes to site to verify safety and the work before any concrete is poured. If everything is correct then he come back after everything is completed. If not, they return when things are corrected. So at least 2 trips and sometimes more.
6) If there is a an issue then the Chief Inspector will visit the site

Privatize that inspection and an Engineering firm would charge $700 to cover expenses. Governments cannot do that so they have to cover the fees in other ways.

We've had commissioners who thought you could just cut people to balance a budget and it doesn't work that way. You can't cut enough people or keep things running at a level you need.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:26:00 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2018, 11:42:30 am »

But in privatization they at least cut the bureaucracy by combining 1&2 and eliminating a return in 4 because someone walked you through correctly.  Grin
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2018, 12:07:21 pm »

But in privatization they at least cut the bureaucracy by combining 1&2 and eliminating a return in 4 because someone walked you through correctly.  Grin
Not really. You're actually giving both the resident and the AA too much credit. Typically the resident will have to take it home and work it out and most times they have never done anything construction related in their life.   Secondly ... if you're expecting an administrative assistant to know all the things that an Engineer or Inspector knows then they would paid much, much more. You wouldn't want to pay someone in that position to be that qualified.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2018, 11:07:45 pm »

I really wasn't giving them credit. I was just making a joke.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 10:25:30 am »

I really wasn't giving them credit. I was just making a joke.
Sorry ... gotcha now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray