Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:32:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NEW NFL rule on head hits.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW NFL rule on head hits.  (Read 883 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: August 03, 2018, 01:26:13 pm »

Again, watching parts of the HOF Game last night I saw one of the worst penalty calls under the new leading with the head called.  If this is the way it's going to be called during the regular season they better just get rid of the pads and play flag football, otherwise the flag is going to be thrown on half the tackles made.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:49:39 pm »

I think Big O hit the nail on the head today. He was saying that if they keep changing the NFL rules then the money will dry up. They need to have players sign liability waivers and then play as it was intended to be played otherwise they will not have an audience to play in front of.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:52:58 am »

The problem as I see it isn't the actual rule itself.  Ultimately this is just an extension of the targeting/Chuck Cecil Rule. 

The real issue with this is that it was poorly thought out. 
1.  it's next to impossible to lower your shoulder on a guy without lowering your head at least a a little.  Otherwise we're going to have to start hiring live giraffes to play in the secondary.
2.  Suppose a guy carrying the ball lowers his head at the last minute to duck and avoid contact.  Why the hell should you get penalized because he ducked?
3. they better make it reviewable like the targeting rule is otherwise you're going to have guys getting thrown out of the game for no reason. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray