Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:56:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady or Jimmy G
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brady or Jimmy G  (Read 3308 times)
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« on: August 04, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »

I figured I would get some good answers from some of the dolphins fans. As a Patriots fan I was getting allot of shit from other Pats fans when I was saying that they should have traded Brady and kept Jimmy G. As a dolphins fan you should know that its not easy drafting the next QB. Shit look at the Browns. How many years you think Brady actually has left, 2? I think it was a selfish move on Krafts part keeping Brady. I think Bill wanted to keep jimmy g. Its hard to say if Jimmy will be a great QB but from what we seen he has the potential. They could have traded brady and got allot to help build for the future. Instead he willl leave and the pats are going to be left without a QB and all the bandwagon pats fans will disappear and Kraft will try and fill seats.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:13:18 pm »

A lot.

A lot.

Allot is not correct.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 11:27:09 pm »

I thought it was a bad move, Jimmy G has franchise potential.  You'll see a decline in Brady as soon as this year.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:04:45 am »

as a dolphin fan really like the move to dump jimmy G and keep brady .. if i were a patriot fan i would hate it .. it's probably the most un-belicheck move ever
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:20:20 pm »

Definitely think Kraft made Bill get rid of Jimmy G. I think Bill would have had no problem trading Brady and building for the future.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:16:30 am »

As a lifelong 49ers fan, I've been taking 15 minutes each day and offering up an ongoing happy dance to the Football Gods for allowing us to land Jimmy.

...and for a second round pick? Oh, hells yes!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 09:41:50 am »

I'm not sure it's that simple.  They're basically taking a chance on this year.  Brady said he plans to play two more years.  Belicheck won 10+ games with Matt Cassel the year Brady got hurt.  So is Jimmy G so surefire (think Young replacing Montana) that he would be any better fit for Belicheck than a Cassel or a Ryan Mallett or a free agent as a contingency plan for a year?  Or will he just yell next man up as a stopgap and get a guy in the draft next year?

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 02:14:21 pm »

I'm not sure it's that simple.  They're basically taking a chance on this year.  Brady said he plans to play two more years.  Belicheck won 10+ games with Matt Cassel the year Brady got hurt.  So is Jimmy G so surefire (think Young replacing Montana) that he would be any better fit for Belicheck than a Cassel or a Ryan Mallett or a free agent as a contingency plan for a year?  Or will he just yell next man up as a stopgap and get a guy in the draft next year?
I think it's a little different, as Jimmy G has played at a high level for the 49ers as well.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:17:34 pm »

I have to believe that BB thinks he can turn a lot of QBs into a good QB so he ins't protecting any of them. He really hasn't failed with any since he's taken over New England.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 06:49:26 pm »

I don't know why everyone praises Belichick for handing (at the time) the best offense in history to a backup and finishing only 5 games worse than the previous year.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 09:21:39 pm »

While I would have loved to see the Patriots keep Jimmy G as I believe he has more good football ahead of him than Brady has ahead of him.  But that would have required trading away mid season an all time great QB playing at an MVP level during a playoff run.  Just don’t see how anyone can pull the trigger on that.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:01 am »

It would not have required moving Brady midseaso just because Jimmy G was.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 09:25:39 am »

I think it's a little different, as Jimmy G has played at a high level for the 49ers as well.

He's been great over about half a season...  That's a long way from a being set at the position for the next ten years.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 09:34:37 am »

He's been great over about half a season...  That's a long way from a being set at the position for the next ten years.

I agree.  Which is why I think the Niners are really rolling the dice on giving Jimmy G that monster contract based on a six game sample size. 

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:32 am »

the title of this article on 538 says it all:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/jimmy-garoppolo-is-the-nfls-most-expensive-lottery-ticket/
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray