Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:50:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What T.V. show,House would you like to own?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What T.V. show,House would you like to own?  (Read 1693 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:46:58 pm »

Last night it was reported HGTV bought the Brady bunch house in n. Hollywood.My underlings all morning talked my ear off about what house they would buy,and I'd jokingly knock holes in their answers...Someone said Downton Abbey,I said yeah that's great,but can you afford the upkeep,and workforce you'd need? She replied If I can afford to buy, I can afford the upkeep....Touche...

So I said You win the house in a contest,but the rules stipulate you must live there for at least 1 year.

What T.V. show,Would you love to own,and why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My answer and thought process...
I really struggled to come up with a solid answer...

I initially said the Adams family house,as a lark...Someone googled it, it's not real...
Then mentioned ....

- The Robin Nest from Magnum PI- What the hell am I going to do for a living in Hawaii? No way in hell I could afford to live there.
- The Loft in the last season or so from Grimm - Northwest,Cool.I love that open the garage drive in,have plenty of dry parking/workshop area,then take the elevator upstairs to the elevators.I love my Dogs,and need a yard and grass...nope...

- I'll live on a boat,like in the 80's show Riptide -Nope, I get severe motion sickness too easily...

- I love the idea of Harry Bosch place overlooking L.A in Bosch -Man, living on a hill slides,in earthquake country,and mudslides. The house is cool,but really small,and probably has no yard.The car scene where he was chasing the guy that was in his house...Man all those winding roads everyday,motion sickness...No thank you

Shrugs shoulders...

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:02:04 pm »

The house in Entourage.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 03:07:17 pm »

You can’t buy it but I wouldn’t mind being the tenant for 8 years in the  house in the show “West Wing”. 😀😀😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:41:59 pm »

Well if I'm limited by the fact I have to afford the upkeep on my current salary, the only place that comes to mind is Jim Rockford's single wide trailer from The Rockford Files.  Otherwise I'd rather keep living right where I am.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »

I kinda like the Friends apartment.  Large, open space and an open kitchen with an outdoor area w/ view and large bedrooms in rent-controlled Manahttan.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 04:20:59 pm »

Immediate reaction of first thing in mind is the house from the Netflix show Bloodline.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 04:33:57 pm »

Not a TV show, but I would love to own Tony Stark's home in the Iron Man movies...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 12:16:14 am »

Just FYI, the "Robin's Nest" was demolished earlier this year.

Setting aside the practical concerns (e.g. what will happen to my job, can I afford the house upkeep, does this place actually exist), my first choice is Wayne Manor/the Batcave, and my second is Uncle Phil's house from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I would like to make an honorable mention, though: if we don't set aside the practical concerns, I would love to live in Danny Tanner's house from Full House (although it certainly doesn't look like that on the real inside).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:21:10 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 08:52:35 am »

I'd rather live in one of those little cabins by the water.  Like the one in Murder By Numbers or that shack in True Grit next to the river

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 10:15:16 am »

I just threw in the be able to maintain it,live there for a year...so they wouldn't all say Downton Abbey,etc..Though it does add a nice twist...

Interesting about the Robins nest...

My underlings were giving me crap at our morning meeting since I couldn't come up with and answer...They said,The Ponderosa ranch,Little house on the Prairie homestead property in Walnut grove,and then the Beverly hills mansion.So I could use the concrete pond.... Cheesy

Flipping channels last night I thought of a couple possibilities..The cabin Craig T.Nelson lived in on Coach in Minnesota,or the Malibu Beach house from Two and half men.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 10:46:38 am »

I've always loved the house in Father of the Bride.

Or the Home Alone house

Or the American Horror house

Otherwise I'd like something like the Ponderosa which does not exist. Lorne Green built a replica that still exists. It's on a street and not the property shown int the show which really takes away from the whole thing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 11:59:15 am »

Well if I'm limited by the fact I have to afford the upkeep on my current salary, the only place that comes to mind is Jim Rockford's single wide trailer from The Rockford Files.  Otherwise I'd rather keep living right where I am.

This!!!!  My favorite childhood show.  I was TDY out in Cali a few years ago and actually made an effort to go see the parking lot where his trailer was parked during filming. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 06:33:19 pm »

I saw the father of the bride house,and thought eight is a enough...  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray