Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Could anything make you adopt a different NFL team over your current?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Could anything make you adopt a different NFL team over your current?  (Read 2748 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:38:02 pm »

..from a convo I was having on Facebook.

I don't think there's anything the Dolphins could do (within reason, I suppose...certainly not within the realm of football) that would make me pick another NFL team.

Back when Vick was reinstated into the league, I understood that he did his time and deserved to be able to play, but I just couldn't root for the guy on a personal level.  Had he made the roster and been the starter, I think I just wouldn't have watched football for a couple of years until he wasn't starting anymore. 

How about you?  Could you switch teams?

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »

I could never switch teams, but I agree with you about Vick.  I might have had to take a break from football if he played here.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »

If a family member or close personal friend played for a team.   And while Pats are still #1, Seahawks are a solid number two because of a particular one handed linebacker. 

But those unlike your Vick comment are positive reasons to support another team as opposed to a negitive reason to leave. 

If Kraft was to punish a player for kneeling, I would find another team or maybe just give up on football altogether. 

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=25225.0

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:02 pm »

Not that I can think of...Being a Non local fan,never lived in Miami,or Florida for that matter,location isn't an issue.

I feel the biggest thing would push me away would be radical Uniform/logo change. IE Hot pink uniforms,trimmed in Lime green and orange.I'd still route for the Dolphins,or whatever the the logo/uniforms possibly change on the team,probably not follow them near as much.

The hard thing would be Like the Browns into the Ravens,then Browns getting a new team...I'm not sure how I'd handle that type of move if that happened to the Dolphins...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:16 pm »

If a family member or close friend was signed by an NFL team, then I would cheer for that team...but I'll never stop cheering for the 49ers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 04:17:44 pm »

If a family member or close friend was signed by an NFL team, then I would cheer for that team...but I'll never stop cheering for the 49ers.

Let’s assume that said team was in the NFCW.  You rooting for your family or niners those two games?  You can’t have two number one teams. IIRC once every four years you root against the Dolphins.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 04:19:50 pm »

Relocation especially if they rebranded would cause me to switch.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 07:01:16 pm »

Relocation is the main thing for me.

I doubt I would still root for the San Diego Dolphins, and I damned sure wouldn't root for the San Diego Sharks.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 07:28:47 pm »

Relocation especially if they rebranded would cause me to switch.

+1
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 08:24:14 am »

my relocation wouldn't affect my affinity for the dolphins.. but if i moved to seattle i could see myself adopting them as a B team. if i moved to new york however, there's no chance of a b team
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 10:21:10 am »

my relocation wouldn't affect my affinity for the dolphins.. but if i moved to seattle i could see myself adopting them as a B team. if i moved to new york however, there's no chance of a b team

+1. If Fau Teixeria relocated it would have no affect on my fandom.  😀

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 03:18:12 pm »

There were times where I thought of giving up watching football entirely after suffering through the Dominic/Hickey era.  But I just can't see myself wearing another team's colors

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 03:49:22 pm »

If there were no Pro football in Miami tomorrow I might.... MIGHT.... become a Giants fan.  But it's a stretch

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 10:59:37 am »

We should ask D4L what it was like switching to the Patriots
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 10:24:17 am »

I've tried a few times with no such luck. I'm a fan of Tampa and Jacksonville and although they are more convenient for me to root for ... I just can't seem to switch allegiances. It's kind of like my marriage. I've got too much invested over the years to quit on them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray