Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:30:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  In-N-Out Burger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: In-N-Out Burger  (Read 9218 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 10:03:51 am »

I have Jack in the Box, something else you can't get here, in the top spot for fast food now.

I have some great memories of Jack in the Box, and consider them one of my top-3 burger places, along with Five Guys and Charm City.

Does Jack in the Box still do the Ultimate Cheeseburger and their super greasy Super Tacos?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 10:05:23 am »

Fau ... I'm a tater tot guy myself! I love those things and if a restaurant serves them they get extra credit in my opinion.  Here in Orlando we have Beefy King. It's a mom and pop place where they serve different beef sandwhiches and spuds. It's a very popular place.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 12:32:21 pm »

In-N-Out is incredibly overrated.  Five Guys is pretty much the-same-but-better.

The fries in particular are far superior at Five Guys.

This right here.  In-N-Out had their big entry into the North Texas market a few years ago.  Ridiculous fanfare and fat people standing in line for hours every day the first couple of weeks.  I will preface this by saying that I don't really like fast food to begin with.  But I tried it to see what all the hoopla was about.  The burger was okay.  The toppings were fresh and crisp which was nice.  The fries were quite possibly the worst french fries I have ever had the misfortune of eating.  So overrated.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2018, 07:51:23 pm »

I have some great memories of Jack in the Box, and consider them one of my top-3 burger places, along with Five Guys and Charm City.

Does Jack in the Box still do the Ultimate Cheeseburger and their super greasy Super Tacos?
Yep. I consider Jack in the Box and Whataburger the best of the fast food burger joints. I don't consider 5 guys fast food. Do they even have a drivethru? Unless you have a drivethru it's not fast food.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »

Yep. I consider Jack in the Box and Whataburger the best of the fast food burger joints. I don't consider 5 guys fast food. Do they even have a drivethru? Unless you have a drivethru it's not fast food.

I always considered Subway fast food but that is an interesting point.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 09:12:59 am »

In the little town where I grew up, we had the greatest fast food row. Within 4 blocks of each other on the main st. (Gurley St), we had Jack in the Box, Whataburger, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Jim Dandy Hot Dogs, and if you ventured a couple of blocks further into town, we had Mario's Pizza (best slices EVER).

So, between those places and my mom's kitchen (she ran a black tie catering biz), I guess I ate pretty fucking good as a kid. ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 06:00:48 pm »

Do they even have a drivethru? Unless you have a drivethru it's not fast food.

Uh-oh, this sounds like a separate topic for debate.  What qualifies as fast food?  If you go back to the 60's and 70's fast food restaurants didn't have drive thru's.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 09:57:02 am »

I would also like to shout out to tater tots.  I believe they are possibly the best form of potato.  Although a hash brown is pretty dope.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 10:47:17 am »

isn't a hash brown just a big tater tot ?

also shout out to the smiley face potatoes from the freezer aisle
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 10:53:52 am »

^ Depends.

They are generally thinner and have a crispiness range and sometimes seasonings that differ from tots.

I would say that if you're looking for specifically a big tater tot, you're probably going to end up with something more like a "potato cake" from Arby's or something like that.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 11:04:06 am »

I love hash browns as well. Seems to me most southern people are more into home fries but I've always liked the hash browns better.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 12:08:20 pm »

For me tots have to have cheese,I'd prefer O'brien potatoes (or southern fried,with onions,and peppers)  more than hasbrowns.

I prefer cottage fries/steak fries over standard fries,or crinkle cut.

I prefer a red potato for baking,and most other uses...

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 02:09:35 pm »

Just for you Dolphster,  as requested:   Smiley Smiley Evil

I really like knowing how many calories my restaurant meal contains and sometimes choose healthier options because of it. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 02:46:35 pm »

I would also like to shout out to tater tots.  I believe they are possibly the best form of potato.  Although a hash brown is pretty dope.
Tots are good, but I like onion rings the best. They have to be cooked right though.

For me tots have to have cheese,I'd prefer O'brien potatoes (or southern fried,with onions,and peppers)  more than hasbrowns.

I prefer cottage fries/steak fries over standard fries,or crinkle cut.

I prefer a red potato for baking,and most other uses...

Cook a bunch of tots and throw them in a big bowl and load them up like a baked potato. Cheese, bacon, sour cream, ranch, and green onions. That's the shit...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 03:03:06 pm »

Just for you Dolphster,  as requested:   Smiley Smiley Evil

I really like knowing how many calories my restaurant meal contains and sometimes choose healthier options because of it. 

I've always liked you, Hoodie.   Smiley   And believe me, I eat my fair share of garbage food.  I've just reached the advanced age in life where if I want to stay in even halfway decent shape, I have to make "relatively healthy" food decisions.  Even with that and working out hard, I am still a far cry from my 20s and 30s. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray