Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:27:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  In-N-Out Burger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: In-N-Out Burger  (Read 9112 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 17, 2018, 03:26:57 pm »

I have been out west this week and finally made it a priority to get a Double Double and see if this place really is as advertised by their loyal fans. I'm guessing most of you that lived out west have eaten there and many of us that traveled there have given it a shot or we had at least heard of the place. I gave it a shot yesterday. I was actually in there before the advertised open and wasn't even the first in line. The burger was good, I had the grilled onions. It was a bit sloppy with the onions, melted cheese and sauce but I don't mind that myself. The fries left a little to be desired I thought but were passable. The milkshake wasn't anything special that I felt. Overall the burger carried the meal, which I expected. The place was absolutely packed at lunch time but it was surprisingly efficient. I enjoyed the experience and would eat it again but I wouldn't get another shake.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:29:38 pm »

I have still never sampled an In-N-Out Burger...and it is at the top of my fast food bucket list.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 03:33:25 pm »

I am particial to 5 guys.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 04:16:32 pm »

Doesn't do anything for me. I was even less impressed by the fries then you, I thought they were quite possibly the worst I've ever had. Been there once, will never go back. They can have it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »

I have still never sampled an In-N-Out Burger...and it is at the top of my fast food bucket list.
You'll likely be disappointed. In my humble opinion what makes this place is their ability to customize the burger to your own specific tastes. You have to know HOW to order the burger. If you just go in and order a burger off the menu you will be disappointed as it will just be a burger, nothing special about it. What you have to do is special order your burger from their hidden menu. The problem is I don't know how you are supposed to figure out what's available on the hidden menu, maybe you have to know someone who's a vet and ask them what's on the menu?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:38 pm »

My wife tried it a couple of years ago and wasn't overly impressed. On a different note  ... we we recently tried Culver's and she has fallen in love with them.  They do make a good burger, fries and shakes. Ice cream too.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:22:48 pm »

You'll likely be disappointed. In my humble opinion what makes this place is their ability to customize the burger to your own specific tastes. You have to know HOW to order the burger. If you just go in and order a burger off the menu you will be disappointed as it will just be a burger, nothing special about it. What you have to do is special order your burger from their hidden menu. The problem is I don't know how you are supposed to figure out what's available on the hidden menu, maybe you have to know someone who's a vet and ask them what's on the menu?

Or you can google in and out secret menu and read anyone of a dozen websites

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:54:41 pm »

there's a local place in palm beach county that has amazing french fries. Buds chicken.. the fried chicken is good .. but the fries are great.

i tried culvers for the first time a few months ago since they have one in jupiter. They were ok, the frozen custard was really good .. i'd say they fit a slot in between a standard fast food place and a fast casual place .. they're smack in between those two
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 10:58:25 pm »

In-N-Out is incredibly overrated.  Five Guys is pretty much the-same-but-better.

The fries in particular are far superior at Five Guys.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 09:05:45 am »

My wife tried it a couple of years ago and wasn't overly impressed. On a different note  ... we we recently tried Culver's and she has fallen in love with them.  They do make a good burger, fries and shakes. Ice cream too.
Oh yeah I'm all over Culvers. Try the Pork Tenderloin sandwich if you haven't tried it.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 09:13:48 am »

Or you can google in and out secret menu and read anyone of a dozen websites
Or maybe they could you know show it to you? Nah that wouldn't be any fun. I googled it and wasn't impressed. So I can add another patty and another piece of cheese? That makes it great? Wow, wish there was another burger joint that did that...oh wait they ALL do that AND they put it on their MENU!!!! As I said, they can have it.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 09:59:14 am »

Or maybe they could you know show it to you? Nah that wouldn't be any fun. I googled it and wasn't impressed. So I can add another patty and another piece of cheese? That makes it great? Wow, wish there was another burger joint that did that...oh wait they ALL do that AND they put it on their MENU!!!! As I said, they can have it.

It is a marking gimmick.  Ya know kinda like having unassigned seats on an airplane.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 11:14:57 am »

Is Culver's like a Steak and Shake?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

Never been to In-N-Out Burger or Culvers since there are none around me. However, we do have Five Guys and I like them a lot. Where does Red Robin fit into this discussion? I don't have any of those around here either, but I was in the panhandle last year on vacation and finally ate at Red Robin and I wasn't impressed. I mean, it wasn't bad or anything, just not really anything special. Just another burger.

On the same theme. I rarely eat at any of them, but what order do you rank the big three, McD, BK, or Wendys?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 02:15:32 pm »

Doesn't do anything for me. I was even less impressed by the fries then you, I thought they were quite possibly the worst I've ever had. Been there once, will never go back. They can have it.

Steak n Shake fries are the worst on my list
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray