Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  In-N-Out Burger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: In-N-Out Burger  (Read 9109 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 02:17:45 pm »

I have still never sampled an In-N-Out Burger...and it is at the top of my fast food bucket list.

I have Jack in the Box, something else you can't get here, in the top spot for fast food now.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 04:20:53 pm »

I've had and In-N-Out burger,when I was out in California after high school,it wasn't memorable...

We have 5 guys,Red Robin,Steak and shake,Freddy's,Sonic,Fuddruckers and *Culvers..No White Castle,Jack in the box..I've never ate at any of these,but then again,I don't eat out at all anymore...(Yes Mcdonalds,Burger king,and Wendy's,Dairy Queen,Arby's and Hardees too)

I used love Frisco melt at Steak and Shake,Patty melt like sandwich..Foot long Chili Cheese Coney,onion rings,and tots with cheese at Sonic.I had Dalton's burgers while spending a few summers in Indianapolis visiting my dad as a kid. (I actually liked their fried shrimp,more than their burgers)

*I knew about Culvers long before the came here,because I'd see the advertisements  watching Cubs broadcasts.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 08:02:28 am »

It is a marking gimmick.  Ya know kinda like having unassigned seats on an airplane.

I see, so then the secret menu allows them to make your burger faster. I get it now. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 09:56:06 am »

If they had the entire menu on the wall newbies would spend 20 mins standing there reading it while holding up the line.  This way newbies either order off the simplified menu or research their choices at home beforehand.   Wink

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 10:23:56 am »

Is Culver's like a Steak and Shake?

there's a local place in palm beach county that has amazing french fries. Buds chicken.. the fried chicken is good .. but the fries are great.

i tried culvers for the first time a few months ago since they have one in jupiter. They were ok, the frozen custard was really good .. i'd say they fit a slot in between a standard fast food place and a fast casual place .. they're smack in between those two

I see Culver's like a more personal Dairy Queen restaurant. The staff is very helpful and accommodating.   Our Dairy Queen in Sanford has been around since the 50s so it's only ice cream but the few DQ restaurants I've visited serve pretty good burgers as well.

Oh yeah I'm all over Culvers. Try the Pork Tenderloin sandwich if you haven't tried it.
I've only had the burgers but will definitely try that soon!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:25:49 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:38 am »

I see Culver's like a more personal Dairy Queen restaurant. The staff is very helpful and accommodating.   Our Dairy Queen in Sanford has been around since the 50s so it's only ice cream but the few DQ restaurants I've visited serve pretty good burgers as well.
I've only had the burgers but will definitely try that soon!

DQ gets fairly good reviews across the board on their burgers actually. I've never had one, but from what i hear they are actually pretty ok.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 11:00:44 am »

It has been so long since I ate at DQ that I can't speak to it specifically. I do know I always looked forward to it as a child though.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 11:31:33 am »

DQ burgers are above average.  I'd say above BK and McDs, but below 5 Guys.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 01:11:31 pm »

Yep, bought a couple double grillburgers a couple weeks ago. They beat the big 3 but don't touch 5 guys.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 02:25:27 pm »

I've only been to 5 guys twice and I never got the hype. I'd eat it again but wouldn't pass up other burger places to eat there.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 03:20:57 pm »

five guys is ok .. they're above the fast food type places but they aren't the end all of burgers.. i prefer burgerfi in that class of restaurant. they are better than habit burger tho

nothing beats charm city burgers.. it's a hole-in-the-wall place in deerfield and it's great
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »

five guys is ok .. they're above the fast food type places but they aren't the end all of burgers.. i prefer burgerfi in that class of restaurant. they are better than habit burger tho

nothing beats charm city burgers.. it's a hole-in-the-wall place in deerfield and it's great
In Tampa it's Burgermonger.  They use Akaushi beef, and won best burger in Tampa Bay.  I get mine with a fried egg.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:04 pm »

at charm city it's the big sloppy .. with tater tots (obviously)

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2018, 08:50:54 am »

Steak n Shake fries are the worst on my list

Those god-awful shoestring things? I'm with ya on that...

That said, Steak n Shake has really good 5-way chili, and their shakes are pretty tasty.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2018, 09:19:41 am »

I like Steak n Shake fries.  Grab a big handful and shove em in mah face!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray