Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:08:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins vs Panthers recap
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins vs Panthers recap  (Read 4244 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 08:54:19 am »

because in college sports it's rarely an official game.  There will be 6 or 8 teams on one or two fields and they'll take turns round robin style for x number of plays each.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 10:16:12 am »

You won’t see Michigan vs Ohio week 1.  You might see Patriots vs Dolphins.

I thought this was true, too, but it's actually not and is a misconception, perhaps of days gone by.  I made this same point elsewhere and was called out on it.  There's just as much big play in week 1 as any other.  It's totally up to schools and there are huge matchups in week 1.

This year, Notre Dame/Michigan, FSU/VT, Miami/LSU are all week 1, plus several other small lines from teams outside of the elite schools.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 02:22:09 pm »

I thought this was true, too, but it's actually not and is a misconception, perhaps of days gone by.  I made this same point elsewhere and was called out on it.  There's just as much big play in week 1 as any other.  It's totally up to schools and there are huge matchups in week 1.

This year, Notre Dame/Michigan, FSU/VT, Miami/LSU are all week 1, plus several other small lines from teams outside of the elite schools.
I think it used to be worse than it is now since int today's world they have to impress upon the polls more than a few games.   I know that last year FSU opened with Alabama in Atlanta and the year before they opened with Ole Miss here in Orlando .... both of which were Prime time games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray