Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:08:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins vs Panthers recap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins vs Panthers recap  (Read 4114 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 18, 2018, 02:24:11 pm »

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/game-number-two-that-doesnt-count-review-dolphins-at-panther/

Great article recapping the game last night.  I especially liked the part on why Gesicki was invisible.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:11 am »

Weird game. Listening to Joe Rose and Big O  ... apparently Gase is making excuses saying they are holding back and not showing their plays. They are running vanilla schemes. It doesn't appear anyone is buying it. 

I believe they may be working on Gisicki and his blocking because he is a factor in practice but I find it hard to believe that Miami has these great plays they are holding back in the red zone. Maybe a couple ... but those type of plays only work once if you can't figure out another way to get into the end zone.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 10:49:10 am »

it looked like they were being very vanilla the entire game on both sides of the ball, very very few blitzes, no crazy coverage, very vanilla running plays .. very simple passes, entirely 1 move patterns.

i saw no double moves, no read options, no tosses, very vanilla screen passes when they happened. the TE stayed in and blocked on most plays. no deep passes at all
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:57:56 am »

I didn't see the game because I was traveling. Reading what Fau described sounds like the Miami offense of the last decade.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:32 pm »

it looked like they were being very vanilla the entire game on both sides of the ball, very very few blitzes, no crazy coverage, very vanilla running plays .. very simple passes, entirely 1 move patterns.
You talking about Miami's offense vs Carolina's defense? Because Miami's defense must have thrown about 15 different types of blitzes at Carolina's offense. The defense sure isn't being vanilla. Doesn't seem to be any lack of creativity or aversion to having the opposing teams being able to scout the Dolphins defense from the Dolphins defensive coordinators. Basically I'm calling BS on Gase saying they are being vanilla on purpose. I don't buy it, they are being vanilla for a reason and it doesn't have much to do with not wanting to allow the other teams to be able to scout them. My guess is that the offense isn't capable of being anything more than vanilla at this point in the season which has been a trend and a shocking one in Gase's 3rd season as head coach. I'm tired of the excuses I want to see the offensive genius that we have been hearing about for 2 years. Ok, year 1 he didn't have the players and year 2 he didn't have Tannehill, but this year there's no more excuses. Either they start putting something on the field that looks like a pro offense or Gase has to take the blame.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:33:54 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 12:36:30 pm »

^ I think you've made it pretty obvious you're jaded when it comes to the Dolphins.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 12:37:16 pm »

I only a little bit of the game on NFLnetwork replay.

IMO.If the guy's can't excel at running the vanilla basics,what good is making the plays schemes more complicated? As Joe Maddon says do simple better.No Stills,No Parker is the reason they didn't run any deep stuff,is the what I read PBPost tweets...*A lot of guy's who we're leaning depending on heavily to play at a really high level for us didn't play....

Reading the articles by the beat writers,nothing about this team seems to be a surprise,they are what I thought they'd be...Questions at Starting DT,Starting Lb's playing good enough,Starting Corner (We're desperately looking for another guy to start Across from Howard),can the O-line play better,etc..)

*The delusional front office says they're comfortable with these guys,and don't see a need to upgrade/replace them B.S.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:39:05 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »

The Offensive line wasn't physical at all.  Quinn played ok but there were some gaping holes in that defense on a number of running plays which means we may have a real problem at DT.  It seemed like they had an easy time trapping guys at the linebacker level inside  and then it ripping through off tackle and guard.

Edited to add TOO MANY CHECKDOWNS on 3rd down.  Not having Parker is an excuse.  Throw the damn ball already!!!!

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »

^ I think you've made it pretty obvious you're jaded when it comes to the Dolphins.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that 3 years isn't enough time? Or are you saying that I'm basing my comments on 1 preseason game which isn't the case at all.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that 3 years isn't enough time? Or are you saying that I'm basing my comments on 1 preseason game which isn't the case at all.
My perception from your recent comments on the team is that you're jaded.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 04:53:57 pm »

In response to Pappy.  I think you don’t want to put anything new on tape in preseason.  Running the same blitzes that you ran last year and there is 16 or 32 weeks of film on is fine.  But you don’t want to show a new offensive look, and in general offenses have more wrinkles than defense.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 05:21:46 pm »

My perception from your recent comments on the team is that you're jaded.
I wouldn't call myself jaded. Certainly I was disappointed with the lack of results from the team under head coach Gase last year, but the team (and thereby him) could certainly turn my opinion around in a moments notice with just a little bit of progress shown. And I certainly am tired of the "rhetoric". It's awfully convenient to say that it's preseason and that you don't want to give away your secrets. I'm not stupid. There comes a point where I say "Show me". That point is quickly approaching (about 2 weeks away). If then you have another excuse for the lack of production then it sounds an awful lot like bullshit if you ask me.

To be fair I'm not TOTALLY negative. I thought Miami moved the ball really well outside of the redzone and on 1st and 2nd down when Tannehill was in the game. 3rd down and redzone they were ULTRA conservative. I'm not the only one that noticed this. Go watch the game and listen to the Carolina Panthers announcers at the end of the game saying how they were ULTRA conservative. Now they said that was the plan basically echoing what Gase said. All I'm saying is that I'm finding that a little tough to swallow. Maybe that was the plan because when they try something a little more aggressive it always ends up badly. THAT's not a good thing no matter how you slice it and in fact IF that is the case all the more reason to run those plays in a preseason game and get the problems on tape against an opponent so that they can be corrected.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:39:50 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 05:28:11 pm »

In response to Pappy.  I think you don’t want to put anything new on tape in preseason.  Running the same blitzes that you ran last year and there is 16 or 32 weeks of film on is fine.  But you don’t want to show a new offensive look, and in general offenses have more wrinkles than defense.
So you really think a TE fade to the corner of the endzone is giving away secrets? Yeah I'll bet that no one has that in their playbook. C'mon hoodie, you know me better than this. I'm not asking for them to line up in the wildcat. I'm asking them to try something in a game that they are CERTAINLY going to do once the season starts. That's not giving away ANYTHING. If you honestly think that whomever the Dolphins 1st regular season opponent is that they aren't going to have watched the hundreds of replays of Gesiiki 1 handing it in the endzone in practice, you're fooling yourself. The other teams scout your practices too you know. So what we're not suppose to even practice the plays we are going to run in the regular season now too? That sounds like a recipe for success. Not.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:46:11 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:00 pm »

NE went 0-4 in the preseason and then went 16-0.
The following year, DET went 4-0 in the preseason and then went 0-16.

The preseason DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING outside of bubble roster players. It just doesn't.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 06:56:32 pm »

I think Gesicki only blocking in a preseason game is an excellent use of time when his biggest weakness is his blocking.  I think things would have been different last year if Tannehill wasn't hurt, I mean Jay Cutler was our QB for Pete's sake.  I will agree that if they have another mediocre season, everything after will be bullshit and excuses.  Something about this season, I think Tannehill is going to have an elite year, however I am worried about the defense, mainly LB and DT.  We've got some young guys that need to develop quick for that group to be successful.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:59:56 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray