Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:53:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Food repetition: A Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: When it comes to eating the same stuff:
I could eat the same thing every day.   -8 (66.7%)
I get sick of stuff and need to change it up.   -4 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Food repetition: A Poll  (Read 2623 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 22, 2018, 11:31:21 am »

I generally can eat the same thing over and over again, certainly within a short period of time.  So, I love leftovers.  I love a midnight snack from the dinner I just had.  I love yesterday's dinner for lunch today.

When my wife was on a trip, her mother-in-law would make me a pan of lasagna or something and I'd literally eat it for every meal until she got home.

My issue is in long stretches.  For example, I eat broccoli for lunch almost every day because it's a healthy side at a restaurant I frequent.  I'm getting tired of the slog of it, though.  But I eat it probably 3 times a week for years now.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 11:46:59 am »

I tend to do the same thing...but without any consideration of healthiness.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 11:57:40 am »

Thankfully I don't get food bored.  Every single day, I eat a piece of grilled chicken breast and either green beans or peas for lunch.  Mostly for fitness reasons.  But I like it a lot too. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 01:16:02 pm »

The last 2-3 years for breakfast
Aldi's Egg,cheese,ham Muffin breakfast sandwich
Or
Jimmy Dean -Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese English Muffin

After the remodel of my local Aldi's they stopped carrying the Sausage version of the breakfast mcmuffin.the Jimmy dean at Walmart are $2 more...Both have around 250 Calories,the sausage versions have more sodium that I'd like to eat for a meal,the rest of diet compensates.

For about the past 4 years lunch
Bowl of oatmeal with fruit (for creaminess + sweetness - I add a splash of my sugar-free sweet italian cream coffee creamer,instead of milk and sugar (stevia)))
Old fashioned oats,fruit is either fresh or frozen depending on what is cheaper that week.My cheat day oatmeal is Peanut butter and banana,if I over cook it a bit (without bricking it) It has a very banana bread taste.

As a kid My oatmeal had to have butter,sugar,a maple syrup,then a splash of milk for the creaminess.As an adult, far too many calories,and sugar....

I used to eat salads everyday,but trying to eat a good size salad to fill me up,when it's 25 degrees out in the winter

I could eat Taco's almost everyday,I like to try to make all different type of tacos....

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:14 pm »

So far I am the outlying vote but I voted without reading anyone's response. I'm similar to Dave and I even enjoy some items better as a leftover but based on the heading I was basically thinking long term repetition.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 05:05:01 pm »

Well I voted that I get sick of stuff and need to change it up, but that's only after I have it more than a couple times in a row. For instance I can eat Pizza 2 days in a row with no issues, but if I tried to do that for 5 straight days, then it would be a problem. Most stuff is like that. My wife won't ever eat the same thing in the same day twice. If she has a burger for lunch and I try to suggest a burger for dinner that's an absolute NO. I could do that without a problem, but again if I did that 5 days in a row...well that's a different story.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:48:04 pm »

Penn Jillette ate nothing but potatoes and broth for almost a year straight. Every day. He also lost 120 pounds in doing so.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 11:04:32 am »

I've eaten a 6" chicken teriyaki Subway sub for lunch since somewhere around 2003 for the majority of my work lunches. I find it easy to eat the same thing all the time and in fact have a reputation of doing so. When we go to a restaurant I typically eat what I know I like.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 11:23:02 am »

I could eat the same thing pretty much everyday until it's made poorly.  Example, I have been trying the new wafflebatter chicken tenders at Duncan Donuts.  It was pretty good, then it was made poorly the last two times I had it.  Now I won't even touch it.  There was a Poke place down the street, same thing...was really good, then a couple of bad, now I don't eat there.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:50 am »

Some things I can eat every day.  A quick cheeseburger for lunch is a common thing or maybe one of those chicken sandwiches from Wendys that I like so much.   

As far as dinner goes I do try to mix it up a bit there.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 09:53:34 am »

Penn Jillette ate nothing but potatoes and broth for almost a year straight. Every day. He also lost 120 pounds in doing so.

Seems like a strange choice to lose weight.  I wonder why potatoes.  I suppose it's all calories in/calories out.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 11:14:53 am »

Some things I can eat every day.  A quick cheeseburger for lunch is a common thing or maybe one of those chicken sandwiches from Wendys that I like so much.   

As far as dinner goes I do try to mix it up a bit there.

Got to go with the spicy
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 02:40:40 pm »

Seems like a strange choice to lose weight.  I wonder why potatoes.  I suppose it's all calories in/calories out.
Yep, calories in vs calories out. However, he probably lost a shit ton of muscle mass on just potatoes and broth. Keto would have probably served him better...

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 08:39:02 am »

Got to go with the spicy

I quite enjoy spicy food just not usually when I'm at work.  I blow up the mens room enough as it is. :p

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 06:59:15 pm »

Yep, calories in vs calories out. However, he probably lost a shit ton of muscle mass on just potatoes and broth. Keto would have probably served him better...

Apparently, he did a mono diet to break what he called an addiction to higher calorie junk foods. Literature suggests that diets consisting of only a single food source actually retrain the brain to interrupt cravings for sugar, salt, and fats found in foods people over-indulge in.

I suspect that a ketogenic diet wouldn’t have preserved too much more muscle. Keto is high fat, low protein. When you start eating too much protein on it, the liver converts the aminos to glucose via gluconeogenesis, so it wouldn’t be used for tissue repair anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray