Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:58:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who do you think makes the 2018 team?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who do you think makes the 2018 team?  (Read 1163 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »

We're going into the 3rd preseason game Saturday,cuts are coming.

Who do think will make the team?

Who do want to make the team? Ie they've impressed you so far,why you think they will or wont make the team

edited to fix title....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:44:59 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:25:23 pm »

OK ... I'm not naming the obvious ones but here's a few

QB - I think David Fales stays as back-up and Bryce Petty makes the practice squad.
K- I think Jason Sanders stays
RB - I think both Ballage and Perry stay and possibly Howell on the PT.
WR - I think Isiah Ford stays but Leonte Caroo is gone

On defense the only two "names" I think are on the bubble are Tony Lippett and Kendall Langford. I think Lippett will get a pass coming off an injury but could be wrong.

On another note we may have three rookie starters in game one. Our 1, 2 and 3 picks or Minkah Fitzpatrick, Mike Gesicki and Jerome Baker are all on pace to be starters. That would have to make this one of the best drafts in forever!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:33:25 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »

Not to derail but I read the same article in the Sun Sentinel talking about the first 3 draft picks from this year being starters.  My take on it worries me.  My first thought was "Does this mean their first 3 draft picks are that good or does it mean the team is so bad that the first 3 draft picks are starting?"
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 04:30:27 pm »

OK ... I'm not naming the obvious ones but here's a few

QB - I think David Fales stays as back-up and Bryce Petty makes the practice squad.
K- I think Jason Sanders stays
RB - I think both Ballage and Perry stay and possibly Howell on the PT.
WR - I think Isiah Ford stays but Leonte Caroo is gone

On defense the only two "names" I think are on the bubble are Tony Lippett and Kendall Langford. I think Lippett will get a pass coming off an injury but could be wrong.

On another note we may have three rookie starters in game one. Our 1, 2 and 3 picks or Minkah Fitzpatrick, Mike Gesicki and Jerome Baker are all on pace to be starters. That would have to make this one of the best drafts in forever!
I still don't know why we didn't retain Moore. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him over Fales or Osweiler backing up Tannehill.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 05:04:01 pm »

I still don't know why we didn't retain Moore. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him over Fales or Osweiler backing up Tannehill.
With Moore you know what you have. If Fales keeps getting better he may have a higher ceiling. The Bills got rid of Tyrod Taylor ... not because he was a bad QB but because they knew he would never be good enough to take them to the top.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 05:27:26 pm »

With Moore you know what you have. If Fales keeps getting better he may have a higher ceiling. The Bills got rid of Tyrod Taylor ... not because he was a bad QB but because they knew he would never be good enough to take them to the top.
Guess it's a moot point. Until the O line crumbles and Tannehill gets mangled. Then they probably go and resign Moore, hahaha. Unless someone already picked him up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray