Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:34:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ritchie Incognito, still crazy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ritchie Incognito, still crazy  (Read 3733 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: August 23, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »

Incognito had a meltdown at a funeral home when he went there to arrange services for his deceased father.  Police were called when he talked about having guns out in his truck.  Police found several guns.  How is it a person with his psychiatric history is allowed to have guns?  I don't know whether he suffers from repeated head trauma, or was just crazy to begin with, but I don't see this guy making it past 55.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 05:31:44 pm »

How is it a person with his psychiatric history is allowed to have guns? 

The NRA owns the GOP.  That is how. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:49:46 pm »

The NRA owns the GOP.  That is how. 
LMAO  .....   I'm not sure how blaming the NRA for everything makes you guys feel better. True story ... today my FB news feed is covered with my liberal friends saying you can't blame all illegals for the act of one person but those same liberals were saying in the past that if just one life is saved by not having guns then it's worth it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 03:09:26 am »

I don't really see an equivalence between owning a gun and humane treatment of immigrants.  Guns are inanimate objects, not human beings deserving of fundamental dignity.

So I think it's perfectly consistent to say both of the following:

1) we should not take the example of one violent criminal to treat an entire class of people like subhumans
2) if a blanket gun ban saves one person's life, it's worth it

That's not to say that I'm calling for a blanket gun ban.  But there's no inherent contradiction in those two statements.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:13:41 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:58:55 am »

I don't really see an equivalence between owning a gun and humane treatment of immigrants.  Guns are inanimate objects, not human beings deserving of fundamental dignity.

So I think it's perfectly consistent to say both of the following:

1) we should not take the example of one violent criminal to treat an entire class of people like subhumans
2) if a blanket gun ban saves one person's life, it's worth it

That's not to say that I'm calling for a blanket gun ban.  But there's no inherent contradiction in those two statements.
It only makes sense to you because you want it to. If you were coming from a more moderate postion you would see the hypocrisy. A life is a life ... unless it is lost by a potential Democrat voter. Then it doesn't matter ... as the liberal talking heads continue to say.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 11:19:51 am »

LMAO  .....   I'm not sure how blaming the NRA for everything makes you guys feel better. True story ... today my FB news feed is covered with my liberal friends saying you can't blame all illegals for the act of one person but those same liberals were saying in the past that if just one life is saved by not having guns then it's worth it.

Just follow the money. Pretty easy to say the NRA owns the GOP. Look at how Trump immediately reversed course on his statement regarding taking away firearms before due process. Then the NRA talks to him. Then he reverses.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 11:36:41 am »

Just follow the money. Pretty easy to say the NRA owns the GOP. Look at how Trump immediately reversed course on his statement regarding taking away firearms before due process. Then the NRA talks to him. Then he reverses.
Ok I give. Show me the money. They donate a lot ... albeit less than Planned Parenthood who receives public funding. That's a head scratcher. The NRA donate to over 300 Republicans and Democrats but most donations are only $1000 or so with few topping 10,0000. They gave less than $12,000 to Donald Trump in 2016 during his election bid. Do you really think Trump is selling himself for $12,000? I highly doubt it. More likely he agrees with them ... as many of us do. Including Democrats.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 01:29:57 pm »

Bravo.  All roads lead to Trump.  You guys even found a way to make a thread about Incognito being batshit crazy turn into a Trump discussion.  I'm waiting for the fast food thread to turn into a political debate. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 02:00:10 pm »

Ok I give. Show me the money. They donate a lot ... albeit less than Planned Parenthood who receives public funding. That's a head scratcher. The NRA donate to over 300 Republicans and Democrats but most donations are only $1000 or so with few topping 10,0000. They gave less than $12,000 to Donald Trump in 2016 during his election bid. Do you really think Trump is selling himself for $12,000? I highly doubt it. More likely he agrees with them ... as many of us do. Including Democrats.

Very little of what the NRA spends is direct donations.   So if you only count direct donations.  However if you also count the thousands of ads they ran directly against HRC the total goes into the millions.  In the 2016 election cycle the NRA spent over $54 million dollar, the planned parenthood pac spent less than 1.5.   

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 02:32:21 pm »

Bravo.  All roads lead to Trump.  You guys even found a way to make a thread about Incognito being batshit crazy turn into a Trump discussion.  I'm waiting for the fast food thread to turn into a political debate. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 03:02:50 pm »

Have you tried Trump Tots? Cook them fuckers up, slather them in some Russian dressing, and fire those son of a bitches down your throat. Oh wait, sorry wrong thread...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 03:04:51 pm »

Have you tried Trump Tots? Cook them fuckers up, slather them in some Russian dressing, and fire those son of a bitches down your throat. Oh wait, sorry wrong thread...

Nicely played.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »

Well, to be fair, the original question is how can someone with "his psychiatric history is allowed to have guns"? The obvious answer is that the NRA owns (or, at the very least, donates heavily) the GOP. I mean, I'm not sure how this discussion wouldn't have gone this way.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 03:59:27 pm »

Cya Incognito, you won't be heard from in this thread again.  Continue the derail.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 04:21:50 pm »

One deli has this as the Trump sandwich: Lots of baloney, imitation American cheese on white bread with Russian dressing, comes with a small pickle.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray