Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:56:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jarvis Landry: 'I Was Traded to the Browns to Die'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jarvis Landry: 'I Was Traded to the Browns to Die'  (Read 2088 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:07:27 am »

This guy just wont shut up about the Dolphins. He was traded because he wanted way too much money to stay here. It was his choice. he worked out a deal and was traded. SMH ....  It's going to be pretty hard for him to succeed if all he is worried about is the team he left behind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jarvis-landry-i-was-traded-to-the-browns-to-die/ar-BBMncjL
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:51:49 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:45:49 am »

Scorned ex girlfriend...probably never thinks anything is his fault.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 01:41:11 pm »

I just read that he was 3 for 10 last night. What happened to those great QBs he said he was finally getting to play with?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 03:04:45 pm »

Fuck that clown. He got his money, let him rot in Cleveland for the rest of his career as far as I'm concerned.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 05:51:35 pm »

It's pretty obvious now that he would really rather be a Dolphin which is why he is so bitter. The sad thing is he could still be a Dolphin if he would have lowered his salary demands.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:07 pm »

You guys should read the original ESPN interview instead of that clickbait Newsweek article.  Newsweek makes it sound like Landry is unhappy to be in Cleveland, which is not the same impression one gets from reading the interview.  The final two teams trying to trade for him were BAL and CLE, and Landry told his agent to try to seal the deal with CLE because their OC (Todd Haley) has worked with Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant, while BAL is a run-heavy team.  Hell, Landry tried to get a banner of himself to replace the giant LeBron picture in Cleveland!

A better way to word what Landry is trying to say is, "Gase thought he would kill my career by sending me to the Browns."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:54:43 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 08:38:56 am »

A better way to word what Landry is trying to say is, "Gase thought he would kill my career by sending me to the Browns."
I agree Spider, but even THAT sentiment is extremely bitter sounding. When it was clear that Gase and Landry weren't going to come to an agreement on Salary he let him persue a trade with whomever he wanted. It was Landry that chose Cleveland, not Gase. It's obvious now that what Landry wanted was to stay in Miami but not at the salary that Miami wanted to pay him. That was HIS choice.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 09:33:35 am »

Actually it is a huge difference.   My new team sucks is a cancer.  My old team and coached sucked, i am so glad to be here instead is not a cancer.  Better to keep your mouth shut.  Compare this if you had coworker who talked trash about how much working for Delta sucked and how they are so glad to be at South West it would not much of an issue,  otoh if they trashed SW it would be.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 09:14:53 pm »

Actually it is a huge difference.   My new team sucks is a cancer.  My old team and coached sucked, i am so glad to be here instead is not a cancer.  Better to keep your mouth shut.  Compare this if you had coworker who talked trash about how much working for Delta sucked and how they are so glad to be at South West it would not much of an issue,  otoh if they trashed SW it would be.
They sent me to die here is closer to my new team sucks then it is to my old team and coach sucked in my humble opinion. At best it's a combination of the two.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »

But you're removing Gase's intention from Landry's statement, and that makes all the difference.

Landry made it clear that he wanted to go to Cleveland, and (in the ESPN interview) he also made it clear that Gase didn't think highly of that organization:

"There was a joke, Landry says, that Gase used to tell his players. If a guy got in his doghouse, he'd tell the player to straighten up or he'd ship him to Cleveland. The joke, according to Landry, is in reference to the infamous Jamie Collins trade. On Halloween day in 2016, Collins, a talented New England Patriots linebacker who drew coach Bill Belichick's ire, was sent from a Super Bowl team to a Browns squad that won one game in 2016.

'I just felt like, for some reason, Adam sent me here to die,' Landry says."

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 04:17:47 pm »

They sent me to die here is closer to my new team sucks then it is to my old team and coach sucked in my humble opinion. At best it's a combination of the two.

To continue my analogy: Sounds more like he was telling everyone at SW that the folks at Delta frequently degrade and insult SW.   

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 04:40:06 pm »

For what its worth, if I had to live in Cleveland, I would probably WANT to die. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 05:04:48 pm »

For what its worth, if I had to live in Cleveland, I would probably WANT to die. 

If I lived in Cleveland I would paint a sign on my roof saying "Welcome to Milwaukee" just to get even.   

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 03:30:15 pm »

But you're removing Gase's intention from Landry's statement, and that makes all the difference.
And you're forgetting that it was Landry's choice to go to Cleveland. Gase didn't force Landry to go to Cleveland, it was Landry's choice. Gase didn't SEND Landry anywhere. The comment reflects Landry's selective memory on the subject.

In his own words....

A few of weeks after lunch at the seafood restaurant, Landry calls back. He says he wants to clear up some of the things he said about Miami. He doesn't necessarily regret what he said; he just wants to "get the right message out there."

"I wear my heart on my sleeve," he says. "I'm human, and everything doesn't go right all the time. Despite everything, I love Miami. I love the people. I'm grateful this organization drafted me, and I think people should know that. I'm not bitter or anything. I love it there."
No one asked him if he was bitter, he brought it up. He's bitter. It's pretty obvious to me. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. I don't blame him for being bitter, I also thought Miami should have paid him what he wanted, but they didn't, so you move on. I know it's not the only thing Jarvis has said, but you can tell he still thinks about it. It's in his mind. He hasn't forgotten and probably never will even if he goes on to do great things in Cleveland, he'll always remember the pain. It's understandable and honestly I wouldn't expect anything different from Landry. He wears his heart on his sleeve like he says. He's full of a lot of pride and it hurt to get traded. I get it. But someone who has moved on isn't still talking about his former team during the preseason, at that point he finds something else to talk about...unless he hasn't moved on.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:02:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »

To continue my analogy: Sounds more like he was telling everyone at SW that the folks at Delta frequently degrade and insult SW.   
If you are so happy at Delta, what do you care?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray